Other All things Snooker

Remove this Banner Ad

Ronnie O'Sullivan fantastic this morning. Defeated Cahill 4-0 in 32 minutes, averaging 11 seconds per shot. He amazes me in this sort of form, he's playing his shot as the referee is re-spotting the colour. I would think he makes the refs sweat at times :)
dammit I missed it!

just on the pace he plays at, his match the other day he was looking at a century but after potting the pink, he potted a red before the ref could put the pink back on the table

Say goodbye to being able to watch the Snooker from the end of this month and * you Foxtel you campaigners.

https://www.foxtel.com.au/index.html (Customer Updates)
"It's always sad to farewell old friends
On 31st January, we'll be farewelling Eurosport (Channel 511)."

Back to unreliable streams i guess as Eurosports is totally blacked out now to Oz. I am shattered and i loved watching the Snooker live but Foxtel are being pricks as usual and even Kayo does not have the Eurosport channel.

Dafabet Masters from the 13th of January looking like being the last live event shown here unless something changes and Kayo gets a chance to show the Eurosport channel but i am not holding my breath.

Say goodbye to being able to watch the Snooker from the end of this month and fu** you Foxtel you campaigners.

https://www.foxtel.com.au/index.html (Customer Updates)
"It's always sad to farewell old friends
On 31st January, we'll be farewelling Eurosport (Channel 511)."

Back to unreliable streams i guess as Eurosports is totally blacked out now to Oz. I am shattered and i loved watching the Snooker live but Foxtel are being pricks as usual and even Kayo does not have the Eurosport channel.

Dafabet Masters from the 13th of January looking like being the last live event shown here unless something changes and Kayo gets a chance to show the Eurosport channel but i am not holding my breath.

Out of sheer principle, I have never spent a cent on Fox in my life. I watch my snooker from YouTube; the matches get uploaded usually at the end of the day (our time) and you can see it within 24 hours. Not quite the same as live, obviously, but pretty good. It's served me well for years now. My working arrangements make watching the matches live impossible anyway.

There are some fine snooker channels on YouTube.

Out of sheer principle, I have never spent a cent on Fox in my life. I watch my snooker from YouTube; the matches get uploaded usually at the end of the day (our time) and you can see it within 24 hours. Not quite the same as live, obviously, but pretty good. It's served me well for years now. My working arrangements make watching the matches live impossible anyway.

True and i do watch You Tube as well but is not the same as viewing it live.

Well done Stuart Bingham for becoming World Masters Champion for 2020. At one stage Ali Carter led 7-5 but Bingham won 5 of the next 6 frames to take the title. Eurosport is ending on Fox from 31st January, so not sure where I'll be getting my snooker fix in future.
I like Bingham now because he uses the same Cue as me. Cue Creater and they are made here in Oz as well. They are not cheap and well North of $750 for an entry level but gee they play well.

Stuart seems to be liking his as well and he is getting tremendous Cue power out of it with little effort which are the hallmarks of quality Ash wood.

I like Bingham now because he uses the same Cue as me. Cue Creater and they are made here in Oz as well. They are not cheap and well North of $750 for an entry level but gee they play well.

Stuart Bingham just won a quarter of a million pounds, I'd say the more expensive cue was worth it :) He certainly seems to play the game with the correct attitude. Would be a good bloke to have a beer with I would think.

For a guy who was only in the competition because Ronnie O'Sullivan elected not to play, Ali Carter did well, walking away with a cool 100,000 pounds.

Stuart Bingham just won a quarter of a million pounds, I'd say the more expensive cue was worth it :) He certainly seems to play the game with the correct attitude. Would be a good bloke to have a beer with I would think.

For a guy who was only in the competition because Ronnie O'Sullivan elected not to play, Ali Carter did well, walking away with a cool 100,000 pounds.
I doubt Stewy payed for his Cue to be honest and I know the maker of them Mick Sharp out of Sydney!

Bingham is one of the more likeable blokes on the tour and a great bloke to boot. I am rapt for him and he played some great Snooker.

Well, tonight's the final night for Eurosport on Foxtel, I will be looking for an alternative way to view the snooker. Anyone with any ideas?
sometimes they'll have it on the normal Fox Sports channels (or they used to) so hopefully they'll be on that occasionally

otherwise...

probably the best bet

Which would you suggest are the best ones?

I often get home from work late at night and loved watching the snooker with a cup of java into the wee hours of the morning, especially if Ronnie or Robertson were going to be playing.

Oh well. :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where are you watching it? I see Higgins scored a 147, last 147 at the Worlds was in 2012

Our ISP, iiNet, gives you access to Eurosport as a part of its streaming service, so we're watching through that.

I stupidly missed Higgins' 147 as I turned my attention elsewhere after the previous frame where Maflin dug in to take it. :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back