Other All things Snooker

Remove this Banner Ad

Why even do it there.? 🤪🤪🤪
Wont be a cheap fix either if the powdered paint ruins one of those Star tables. They are 30k here and 15k pounds in the UK.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thats what i do at home against a bum player after a few drinks that just beat me playing nothing but safe all game! Leave him on cause i know the miss is coming soon and the table is open!

Would never do it at that level though cause you will be lucky to get another shot or if you do you will be 60+ down!

Thats what i do at home against a bum player after a few drinks that just beat me playing nothing but safe all game! Leave him on cause i know the miss is coming soon and the table is open!

Would never do it at that level though cause you will be lucky to get another shot or if you do you will be 60+ down!
Apparently there’s some history between the two, including Ronnie doing the same thing to him in a match when Ronnie was up 4-0.

Robertson in trouble in his second round match currently down 10-6

Apparently there’s some history between the two, including Ronnie doing the same thing to him in a match when Ronnie was up 4-0.

Robertson in trouble in his second round match currently down 10-6
Neils form is so hot and cold. Hits 146s with ease ( Has a Max 147 as well this tournament) and then struggles the next day against Jak Jones who is no slouch but not in the same postcode if Neil is even remotely close to his best form.

Snooker is like that though and any middle of the range type like Jones can turn it on and beat you on any given day. Only need 1 bad session to be down 3+ frames and on the outside looking in.

Last edited:
Just on that break off it is a clear sign of disrespect for your opponent to smash the Reds like that cause you are in the mindset that yeah you might snag a Red off the break and get lucky with a now open table and/or you think your opponent wont score heavily anyway and miss so when you get to the table it is a free for all if you can pot them.

For people in here that like their Cues i got a new weapon recently! Plays really well and i call them investments now as they really sky rocket in price especially here in Oz when you have decent UK hand made individual numbered Cues.

CCA32147-4891-46BC-B1F0-5EBE10C046C1.jpeg 3C96EE84-BC07-4464-B7F3-0A3DA362E6AD.jpeg

Vafaei committing hari kiri not just with that break but riling Ronnie up when we know Ronnie's biggest weakness is apathy. He had the bit between his teeth yesterday. Vafaei tried to take him on with safety and couldn't compete.

Surprised at Robbo trailing but can't totally rule him out just yet regardless.

Anyone else here been to the Crucible? Such a magical place!

Good end to the O'Sullivan / Vafaei match.

Shame the only way to watch the Worlds Championship here in Oz is via less than reliable methods online.

For people in here that like their Cues i got a new weapon recently! Plays really well and i call them investments now as they really sky rocket in price especially here in Oz when you have decent UK hand made individual numbered Cues.

View attachment 1667144View attachment 1667145
Beautiful cue Chism, Jason Owen hand made, must admit I've never heard of him. Are they recent additions in the cue world or have they been around for a fair while? Knowing how much cues cost in the 80s and the 90s I've got a feeling this one cost you 4 figures. Which of the 4 do you play {snooker/ eightball/ billiards/ nineball}?

Beautiful cue Chism, Jason Owen hand made, must admit I've never heard of him. Are they recent additions in the cue world or have they been around for a fair while? Knowing how much cues cost in the 80s and the 90s I've got a feeling this one cost you 4 figures. Which of the 4 do you play {snooker/ eightball/ billiards/ nineball}?
Snooker mainly mate.

Jasons Cues average around the $600 UK pound range depending on splicing etc.

Snooker mainly mate.

Jasons Cues average around the $600 UK pound range depending on splicing etc.
I mainly played eightball and snooker, when I lived in Tassie. When I did purchase my first cue it was a two piece no-name cue worth about $130, with the case. It was a lot better than the pub cues I'd been using when I played eightball. Of course back in the 80s and the 90s I played in a lot of 8 ball calcutta's which were usually a field of 32 players, where players were auctioned off and some players would go for big money.

Each week was different but the calcutta's would range anywhere from $350 to $1600 depending on which hotel hosted it and how many patrons were there. If you bought yourself and you won, you would collect the whole purse. On the other hand if someone else bought you and you won, you would usually get half or whatever was agreed to, before the tournament started.

Then when I first went to the RSL {the only snooker tables available were in RSL'S.} I played with my "normal" lightweight cue for about 3 years on the big tables before I saved up, and with my dad got on the "ABEL TASMAN" which later would be known as "The spirit of Tasmania" and went straight to Alcock Thomson & Taylor in South Melbourne.

After several hours of testing many cues I settled on "the one", just so happens that it was named after my favourite snooker player and who I modelled my game on, Jimmy {the whirlwind} White. Cost $700 but you've got to remember that was a lot of money at that time, in actual fact it was the second dearest cue in the store, although money wasn't an issue, it was finding a cue that was like an extension of my arm, if that makes any sense.

I then proceeded to use my cue for snooker/eightball and billiards until I retired in around the early 2000s when I moved over here to South Australia, where my fiancee comes from, who happens to be a former Australian champion eightball player.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back