No, it's not Stigmata, it's just Ben Stratton getting your attention.

Jul 6, 2007
Hawkbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Re: My MVP for the year already

lol
Naturally i dont actually think he's been better than Hodge :p

But the point is a weak defense destroyed us last year and this year for a few games, with Stratton coming in the WHOLE team/gameplan is effected - thats why i think he is such a key

^^^^

Yep agreed

he has been sensational for us in defence and he and Gilly make us feel confident we can actually repel an attack!

Massive respect for Stratts and hope he keeps it going!!:):thumbsu:

Buddy Guy

So the hawks have f***ed us over again…
Jan 14, 2009
West Side
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks

Ben Stratton is having a better first year then Michael Hurley did last year and hardly a word is being spoken about him outside these boards.

He is a GUN:thumbsu::thumbsu:

BYWs Dimi Pumpa

Senior List
Oct 11, 2009
Thomaslavia aka Thomastow
AFL Club
Hawthorn

At the draft camp, he was compared to a young darren glass. The player that sticks to his opposition like glue.

Those words from the pelchs mouth were spot on. He has been fantastic. It looks like he has injected confidence in to Murphdog.

Media... No thanks, Where's Hurley been since being introduced to the media?
Hungry Jacks, clocked a cabbie and in court. Where has his form been? Nowhere to be seen. Let's leave Stratto where he is and enjoy this spectacle.

dlindsay

Senior List
May 6, 2002
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill
Did anyone just see Ben doing the pier dive at training this morning on Channel 10?

I saw, but the cameras missed Ben walking on the water and then levitating onto the pier beforehand.

All this time we've been overplaying the hype but that dive into freezing water should gain some serious applause. Not only is Ben fantastic, he's also crazy!

Hawk43

All Australian
Oct 10, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
There's nothing stratts can't do, a couple of minutes left the ball went long towards lake who was fired up after buddy's goal and went forward to try and win the game, one on one, stratts vs lake who was the bulldogs best for the night, and stratts beats him in the contest. What a champion

Roby

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jul 27, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Did you see in the last quarter Stratton Laked Lake? Then he went and jumped in the Lake.*

*The Southern Ocean is perceived as a lake by Stratton.

Unbeknown to his teammates, after jumping off the pier, Ben Stratton caught a giant octopus. Upon rejoining the group moments later, he produced a platter of sizzling calamari rings from behind his back.

Don't ask how, just know that he plays for us.

I believe Ben Stratton is in the running for All Australian Centre Half Back.

Question:

Has there ever been an AFL player named as All Australian in their first year? I believe Chris Judd wasn't?

Back