NO TROLLS NO JAB NO PLAY POLICY

Remove this Banner Ad

This topic is worthy of sensible discussion. Take your trolling to Bay 13 and your conspiracy theories to the relevant boards.
This thread is about the AFL, staff and players, not about politics and anti vax rants.

Thank you

Last edited:
What happens if (when) vaccinated players still come down with covid? Will we shut everything down again?
Yeh you do. But a private org is free not to employ you because you are a safety hazard. You can take your freedom and become a YouTuber or somes#*t

Addictions starts by choice?
If you’re vaccinated you’re protected from severe symptoms of covid, you can catch it just as easy an un vaccinated person, to call them selfish or whatever you want to call them is just ridiculous, they are the ones taking the risk with covid and that’s there choice, they don’t pose a threat to someone who is vaccinated. Unless you’re questioning the effectiveness of the vaccine.
There are people in society who for medical reasons cannot get vaccinated. By getting vaccinated you're not just protecting yourself, you're protecting them.

Just stopping by to confirm the survival rate of covid in the general public is still over 99%? Can someone pls clarify?

I didn't say that lad, I'm just saying why should we stop at covid? We should be doing everything possible to protect the most vulnerable in our society, the flu kills plenty of people each year so I'd like to see the flu vax mandated as well. Something wrong with that?

Covid is an order of magnitude more deadly than any seasonal flu with the exception of the Spanish flu over 100 years ago and the response is proportionate and justified by our governments at both levels and the AFL here. The CFR is 3.4% - well above you saying it was under 1% (wtf?).

Even taking into consideration unreported cases the fatality rate is generally agreed to be over 1%.

It is also far more likely to cause serious illness.

You only need to look at the pressure it is putting on our health system right now to see the issue with this virus.

Your premises are false - why? Propagation of false information is a disgrace.

I saw a video a few weeks ago on the news with some typical redneck in the USA who had refused the vaccine and gotten Covid and ended up on a ventilator.

Says all the things, “I was wrong, I should’ve gotten vaxxed - to everyone out there, Covid is real, getting it is awful, get the vaccine blah blah blah”

Are we meant to actually feel sorry for these people or clap them for this?

All it makes me do is facepalm at their idiocy.
Pretty much what Yul Brynner did before he died

Twenty years ago, the actor Yul Brynner, dying from lung cancer, told a television audience that what he really wanted to do was to film a commercial that said, "Now that I'm gone, I tell you: Don't smoke, whatever you do, just don't smoke."

Brynner was very much alive when he made this statement in January 1985, on "Good Morning America" on ABC News. But after he died, in October of that year, he got his wish. The resulting public service announcement remains one of the most memorable antismoking statements ever made.

For the uneducated, or simply lazy; COVID-19 ranks 6th in all time pandemics/epidemics:
5D2A6ADA-C206-4A56-B5B0-281302837B69.png

Now, in less than 1% of polio cases, an individual will develop paralytic polio - which in up to 15% of cases, will result in death. That’s a pretty low death rate, no? Lower than COVID-19 infact. Yet, nobody is complaining about mandatory polio vaccines, are they?

Further to this, for the people stating that vaccination is pointless and we’ll never get past it - we eradicated Smallpox.

There are a raft of diseases we immunise against from childhood. Many of which that have death rates similar to that of COVID-19 with smaller r0 numbers. So again, why are people against the COVID vaccine?

It is literally an unfounded, personal choice that is unsupported by any meaningful data. The AZ jab was not ideal for young adults, granted. But, the Pfizer and Moderna have been proven to be safe.

Addictions starts by choice?
If you’re vaccinated you’re protected from severe symptoms of covid, you can catch it just as easy an un vaccinated person, to call them selfish or whatever you want to call them is just ridiculous, they are the ones taking the risk with covid and that’s there choice, they don’t pose a threat to someone who is vaccinated. Unless you’re questioning the effectiveness of the vaccine.
Apart from carrying a higher viral load and so being more likely to pass it on, the unvaccinated are much more likely to be admitted to an ICU and so clog up the health system to the detriment of others suffering from serious Covid and non-Covid conditions and so more likely to die of that condition if they can't get into an ICU bed

I don't agree with this personally. I'm a chubby man because I like food and I don't like exercise and I wouldn't want my medicare to be torn up because of choices I've made.

In saying that, if I go to a hospital and I'm in a waiting room, and some otherwise fit and healthy patient requires a bed, they should be entitled to it before I am because I've made my choices.

Obesity is a mental illness. Choosing not to be vaccinated during a global pandemic is just plain selfish.

For the uneducated, or simply lazy; COVID-19 ranks 6th in all time pandemics/epidemics:
View attachment 1265238

Now, in less than 1% of polio cases, an individual will develop paralytic polio - which in up to 15% of cases, will result in death. That’s a pretty low death rate, no? Lower than COVID-19 infact. Yet, nobody is complaining about mandatory polio vaccines, are they?

Further to this, for the people stating that vaccination is pointless and we’ll never get past it - we eradicated Smallpox.

There are a raft of diseases we immunise against from childhood. Many of which that have death rates similar to that of COVID-19 with smaller r0 numbers. So again, why are people against the COVID vaccine?

It is literally an unfounded, personal choice that is unsupported by any meaningful data. The AZ jab was not ideal for young adults, granted. But, the Pfizer and Moderna have been proven to be safe.

This.

This.

OMFG this.

View attachment 1265238

Smallpox probably killed 500m people over the course of history and is still the only human disease to have been eradicated.
There are others that have just disappeared like SARS but no-one knows why it happened
Andrew Wakefield has a lot to answer for. Vaccination was doing fine until his fraudulent paper wrongly linking it to autism

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Obesity is a mental illness. Choosing not to be vaccinated during a global pandemic is just plain selfish.
I agree it's selfish but I don't believe my obesity is due to my mental health, I believe if I was the reason someone else who was otherwise fit and healthy was unable to get the care they needed then I'd be selfish. Anyway - that's a can of worms for another day. I just think stripping medicare rights away is a slippery slope.

This comment I never understand, if we go down that path, then let’s cancel smokers, alcoholics, drug users and obese people’s medicare also why should they get a hospital bed, they are health choices they are making. I’m Vaccinated but find the lack of empathy in the world today very sad.
They will have had all their rights taken off them, they won’t get accepted in any Shop/place.
what will happen I’m sure off it is that they will have a 3rd of there doll money cut.

Young men in prime health with strict nutrition and fitness regimes being forced to have a vaccine against a virus that poses no danger to them. Madness

We do not know the long term effects to those who've caught it earlier in life. Just because you shed it does not mean long term damage hasn't already begun.

Yes you could say the same about the vaccine, but we know a lot more about how vaccines work than we do about a new virus that has managed to spread all over the world in multiple variants.

This thread will be fun

Will be easy to spot the anti vaxxers at least lol

Don’t worry loonies you won’t have to go to the games either!
Yep as they can watch it on tv LoL
Good .

The anti Vax loonies are going to have a field day over this, hopefully this applies to supporters attending games as well.
well you can do what you want to your body.

If you ask any young person why they choose not to smoke - like me, they may bring up various reasons as it pertains to financial (money waste), hygiene (smell), mood dependency (addiction), ect;

But when it comes to health, they will not bring up "immediate death". Why is this? Because they regard themselves as fit, young, and healthy. Certainly not the type of candidate to die instantly from it. But they will bring up another health-related reason.

"I don't want to expose myself to the risk of developing old people issues, fatal or non-fatal, earlier in life", aka, (lung/air sac deficiency, heart muscle failures/tissue scarring, brain strokes/alzheimers/parkinsons), ect... issues that we know of now, due to having had time to see what has happened to those who took that risk of exposure.

3.png

Imagine going from running 20 metres per game at 25/30 - to feeling like you're 80 at 45.

(no offence to any 80 years olds in tonight)

1.png

I think when it comes to younger people who end up shedding it - it becomes less of a case of immediate death (albeit possible without a quick recovery) and more about the risk you take in possibly sabotaging your future self, and that is with the risks we know of, before taking into account the issues we're yet to uncover (which will only come to light once said 'recoverees' live out their oncoming years).

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back