NO TROLLS NO JAB NO PLAY POLICY

Remove this Banner Ad

This topic is worthy of sensible discussion. Take your trolling to Bay 13 and your conspiracy theories to the relevant boards.
This thread is about the AFL, staff and players, not about politics and anti vax rants.

Thank you

Last edited:
Anti-vaxxers should have their medicare care cancelled.
I don't agree with this personally. I'm a chubby man because I like food and I don't like exercise and I wouldn't want my medicare to be torn up because of choices I've made.

In saying that, if I go to a hospital and I'm in a waiting room, and some otherwise fit and healthy patient requires a bed, they should be entitled to it before I am because I've made my choices.

I saw a video a few weeks ago on the news with some typical redneck in the USA who had refused the vaccine and gotten Covid and ended up on a ventilator.

Says all the things, “I was wrong, I should’ve gotten vaxxed - to everyone out there, Covid is real, getting it is awful, get the vaccine blah blah blah”

Are we meant to actually feel sorry for these people or clap them for this?

All it makes me do is facepalm at their idiocy.

Bit more cash in it than there is for the women - no doubt some would otherwise refuse but I’m unsure any will be willing to give up their career for it.
I know people earning >$200k who are refusing to get it and will also lose their jobs. You make a good point, granted; but I do think there will be a stubborn few

What happens if (when) vaccinated players still come down with covid? Will we shut everything down again?

By February their will be no isolation for unsymptomatic people who test positive and no requirement to test just like every other country in the world. Everyone will have COVID by then. You can't have the whole country in isolation.

Hopefully Dyson Heppell and Dylan Shiel have booster injections, several, half time even.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This comment I never understand, if we go down that path, then let’s cancel smokers, alcoholics, drug users and obese people’s medicare also why should they get a hospital bed, they are health choices they are making. I’m Vaccinated but find the lack of empathy in the world today very sad.

Including those that cannot (instead of choosing not to be) vaccinated due to underlying health conditions.

Deeply irresponsible to characterise this as a personal health choice.
I am highly doubtful that any player in the AFL has ongoing heart problems that would warrant them refusing the vaccine.

Kreuzer is the last person I recall having heart problems, being tachycardia IIRC which even still; is not an underlying health problem that could influence the Pfizer jab.

This is a personal choice.

I am highly doubtful that any player in the AFL has ongoing heart problems that would warrant them refusing the vaccine.

Kreuzer is the last person I recall having heart problems, being tachycardia IIRC which even still; is not an underlying health problem that could influence the Pfizer jab.

This is a personal choice.

Excuse me? The players are part of workplaces with people with all kinds of health conditions to whom they could expose with the virus though refusal to take the vaccine. They don’t just work with other footballers.

Your ignorance is unacceptable.

This comment I never understand, if we go down that path, then let’s cancel smokers, alcoholics, drug users and obese people’s medicare also why should they get a hospital bed, they are health choices they are making. I’m Vaccinated but find the lack of empathy in the world today very sad.
Because all the other things you mentioned are a fairly constant strain on the health care system, change in demand happens slowly and you can scale your system to deal with it. Having hospitals able to cope with a COVID peak is uneconomical - firstly we can’t scale up our health care system fast enough, and secondly if we could we’d just end up with a white elephant after the pandemic. You’d just have to knock down the hospitals you built and surplus healthcare workers would be left unemployed.
It’s a very harsh policy, but not comparable to the examples you provide.

All of the things you listed are forms of addiction. Not getting vaccinated (unless for health reasons you can't) is just being a *******.

All of the things you listed are forms of addiction. Not getting vaccinated (unless for health reasons you can't) is just being a *******.
Addictions starts by choice?
If you’re vaccinated you’re protected from severe symptoms of covid, you can catch it just as easy an un vaccinated person, to call them selfish or whatever you want to call them is just ridiculous, they are the ones taking the risk with covid and that’s there choice, they don’t pose a threat to someone who is vaccinated. Unless you’re questioning the effectiveness of the vaccine.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back