NO TROLLS NO JAB NO PLAY POLICY

Remove this Banner Ad

This topic is worthy of sensible discussion. Take your trolling to Bay 13 and your conspiracy theories to the relevant boards.
This thread is about the AFL, staff and players, not about politics and anti vax rants.

Thank you

Last edited:
For the uneducated, or simply lazy; COVID-19 ranks 6th in all time pandemics/epidemics:
View attachment 1265238

Now, in less than 1% of polio cases, an individual will develop paralytic polio - which in up to 15% of cases, will result in death. That’s a pretty low death rate, no? Lower than COVID-19 infact. Yet, nobody is complaining about mandatory polio vaccines, are they?

Further to this, for the people stating that vaccination is pointless and we’ll never get past it - we eradicated Smallpox.

There are a raft of diseases we immunise against from childhood. Many of which that have death rates similar to that of COVID-19 with smaller r0 numbers. So again, why are people against the COVID vaccine?

It is literally an unfounded, personal choice that is unsupported by any meaningful data. The AZ jab was not ideal for young adults, granted. But, the Pfizer and Moderna have been proven to be safe.
Thats far too smart

They can infect others that are vulnerable
That’s right! really the owns should be on the person because regardless of vacation or not every body will get covid and still so many be be hospitalised
No better time to get your self fit heath Natural immunity is the true key to survival.

Also don't forget that an IQ test is not needed to join the AFL. There are some barely literate footballers in the AFL.

Choosing whether to get the covid vacceine or not is an IQ test of sorts. And a pretty easy one at that, and yet a select few seem to fail anyway.

BTW being a young and fit AFL athlete is the 'seatbelt' in your example. Chances near 0 of bad outcome - look around the world at all the soccer players, NFL players, swimmers and find me all the ones who dropped dead or had an severe outcome due to covid. Chances probably close to 1 in 1 million - definitely makes sense.

🤷

BTW being a young and fit AFL athlete is the 'seatbelt' in your example. Chances near 0 of bad outcome - look around the world at all the soccer players, NFL players, swimmers and find me all the ones who dropped dead or had an severe outcome due to covid. Chances probably close to 1 in 1 million - definitely makes sense.
Jeezus. 1 in a million. Maths tells me that with a vaccine that would be 1 in 100 million. Btw... You're convincing me m8... Keep going 😂

The AFL has the right to set standards for their employees. If their employees do not want to comply with these standards, they can seek alternate employment.

I'm always hearing about players going to Germany and the like for the latest cutting edge treatments on their injuries. Should that be banned too?

Stripping the unvaccinated of their Medicare card isn’t really a viable option. We tax the hell out of both tobacco and alcohol in order to help offset the increased health care requirements created by those products

I think once they start letting the unvaccinated check into places (which will likely happen) there should be an automatic anti-vax tax paid by the unvaccinated to attend non essential services (restaurants, footy ect.) to help offset the increased health care needs of the unvaccinated. That way you can have your whacko beliefs but you have to put your money where your mouth is and in doing so help the hospitals cope

Hospitals should be able to choose a bit more too, and elective surgery should be at the forefront there. You want the surgery you get vaccinated, it is elective after all.

Take your general vaccination discussions here
This thread is about the AFL

Anti vax rants and facebook/youtube conspiracies to the conspiracy board.

Just stopping by to confirm the survival rate of covid in the general public is still over 99%? Can someone pls clarify?

What youtube and Facebook pages have you been reading 🤪 🤪

The gold standard in a first-world country with the best medical treatment is around 1%

Globally it's estimated around 3.4-3.5% noting a lot of countries like Indonesia etc have a ton of un-reported cases and deaths.

Now 1% wouldn't be too bad if it wasn't so contagious but 1% with the virus left to run rampant means thousands and thousands of people dying in Australia and millions worldwide.

Not comparable to the flu in any way.

Last edited:
What youtube and Facebook pages have you been reading 🤪 🤪

The gold standard in a first world country with the best medical treatment is around 1%

Globally it's estimated around 3.4-3.5% noting a lot of countries like Indonesia etc have a ton of un-reported cases and deaths.

Now 1% wouldn't be too bad if it wasn't so contagious but 1% with the virus left to run rampant means thousands and thousands of people dying in Australia and worldwide.

Not comparable to the flu in any way.
1% is a lot more than most people realise. If you have a 1% chance of dying every day, you’d expect to be dead in a little over 3 months.

I assume mandated flu vaccinations will be required by all players and spectators, we must protect the vulnerable in our society

Can't compare the two.

Global estimates have flu-related deaths at about 389k annually pre-pandemic

So far covid deaths even with vaccines, with lockdowns, with masks and social distancing has still killed a whopping 4.92 million

There is a level of risk which governments are prepared to accept, with the flu we accept that risk. The level of risk for covid-19 is too high

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't agree with this personally. I'm a chubby man because I like food and I don't like exercise and I wouldn't want my medicare to be torn up because of choices I've made.

In saying that, if I go to a hospital and I'm in a waiting room, and some otherwise fit and healthy patient requires a bed, they should be entitled to it before I am because I've made my choices.

If you refuse to get the vax and then contract Covid, then why the feck should you be eligible to be treated in the public system which is funded by taxpayers money ??

Sorry, you can't have your cake and eat it too with this one.

This comment I never understand, if we go down that path, then let’s cancel smokers, alcoholics, drug users and obese people’s medicare also why should they get a hospital bed, they are health choices they are making. I’m Vaccinated but find the lack of empathy in the world today very sad.

My empathy is with those who have lost loved ones from covid because some self-centred self-entitled twat didn't want to get vaxed and spread the bloody disease.

For what its worth, I agree with you about smokers, there is more than enough health warnings (just look at the packs) that they contnue to ignore.

The risk of playing footy at the highest level is far far greater than any risk from taking the vaccine. CTE, long term arthritis, depression - not that uncommon in ex-footy players. Let alone, the common practice of being jabbed with cortisone or pain-killers to play through injuries.

It makes no sense to be against the jab yet play in the AFL.

If you refuse to get the vax and then contract Covid, then why the feck should you be eligible to be treated in the public system which is funded by taxpayers money ??

Sorry, you can't have your cake and eat it too with this one.
Because that line of thinking could be applied in lots of ways. Heck, if a criminal is shot by police they’re treated by paramedics.

I would be happy to have a separate discussion on that one.
Yeah I get you. Don't get me wrong, I believe those opting not to get the vaccine despite being perfectly able to do so are ******* nuts. I just don't know if stripping them of all their medicare is the way to go. If they require care because of Covid, then I'm more than happy for them to be put to the back of the line behind those that weren't stupid enough to leave themselves more vulnerable.

Yeah I get you. Don't get me wrong, I believe those opting not to get the vaccine despite being perfectly able to do so are ******* nuts. I just don't know if stripping them of all their medicare is the way to go. If they require care because of Covid, then I'm more than happy for them to be put to the back of the line behind those that weren't stupid enough to leave themselves more vulnerable.

I think the answer to this is either a yearly medicare tax you have to pay if you're not vaccinated or some sort of tax that applies every time you check into a non essential service if you're not vaccinated.

Similar to the tobacco and alcohol taxes we already have to help offset the drain on the health system that these choices create.

What kind of society will we become if we decide not to give anti-vaxxers (as ignorant and misguided as they are) medical treatment if they contract Covid19.

That would almost make the medical industry monsters, deciding who gets to Iive and or possibly die because that said person was fearful and ignorant about getting the jab.

Read up on the Hippocratic Oath Folks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back