NO JUMPER CHANGE

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

walshy1993

Club Legend
Jun 4, 2000
Melbourne, (ESSENDON)
the official announcement of essendons sponsership with Orange was released today, rumoured to be worth 4 mill over 4 years, making it the greatest individual sporting sponsorship in aust sport

i didnt really think it would happen, but i was still a bit worried, the club confirmed that there would be no jumper change, its good to see we dont fall into the trap of carlton, collingwood, nth etc by losing the greatest tradition a club can have, their jumper

I can just imagine "Orange" asking Essendon to adopt an orange sash for a one-off game in return for, say, $250,000.

I have no doubt, "Orange" has got this in mind and they will at least ask Essendon to see if they will do it. I hope we don't change, bit we WILL be offered.

Originally posted by Dan24:
I can just imagine "Orange" asking Essendon to adopt an orange sash for a one-off game in return for, say, $250,000.

I have no doubt, "Orange" has got this in mind and they will at least ask Essendon to see if they will do it. I hope we don't change, bit we WILL be offered.

And if the AFL's track record is anything to go by then expect the Orange sash game to be against Richmond
rolleyes.gif

------------------
TT

Hey you could lay money on that Tiger
smile.gif

Are we now called the "AGENT ORANGE" Bombers
smile.gif
?

My son will be at me now to get the new Orange sign guernsey, bloody great another $85 bucks
mad.gif

Cheers.

------------------
RED & BLACK BACK to BACK 2001!

[This message has been edited by RICE80SF (edited 13 November 2000).]

I hope you guys resist the commercial pressure from Orange and refuse to change the sash from red to orange, even for one game. Surely with Essendon's Australia-wide profile, the club should be able to say "NO" to Orange and suggest to them that the corporate logo on the jumper is enough.

But I'm with TigerTank and Ricey...where can I put some money to bet on the orange sash for the game vs. Richmond?
wink.gif

I hope it won't happen, but my guess is they would ask us to wear an orange jumper with a black sash. Lol.

------------------
mantis

Originally posted by sandie:
I hope it won't happen, but my guess is they would ask us to wear an orange jumper with a black sash. Lol.

Sounds yummy
biggrin.gif

------------------
TT

Originally posted by Max Power:
It can't happen people - go drag out your copy of the EFC constitution and read Section 5.1

...and just for those of us who don't have a copy handy
biggrin.gif
Max Power, what does it say?

... but i'll just take a guess and say that it sates that the jumper can NEVER be changed
wink.gif

Originally posted by sandie:

You could get Allens Licorice All-sorts as a shorts sponsor...

------------------
TT

Originally posted by Westy Boy:
...and just for those of us who don't have a copy handy
biggrin.gif
Max Power, what does it say?

... but i'll just take a guess and say that it sates that the jumper can NEVER be changed
wink.gif

The jumper can't be changed for 'AFL Premiership Season' games without the support of 60% of EFC members.

You may see an orange sash in a Ansett Cup game, but it CAN'T happen in the real stuff unless EFC members vote for it.

I have to say that would be butt ugly.

God forbid teams in our sports start doing that. So far they haven't, although it's probably only a matter of time.

When do you think the ones with the new patches will be available? I've been wanting to have a jumper for awhile, even though I risk looking like a serious poser (what's a bloke to think when he sees a Yank wearing a footy guernsey?)

Wouldn't mind having one to play drums in actually, if I can get into a band down there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back