No luck!

Remove this Banner Ad

CHF

Senior List
Dec 21, 2000
Melbourne, VIC
Nothing has gone right for us since stevos near-fatal accident.

I'm sure pagans plans this year was to play Colbert down back as the 3rd tall, releasing Archer to the half-forward line to help out Wayne, with Rocca as the leading target. Thus allowing Corey to play in the ruck most of the time.

Despite Carey and Martyn being out, pagan still tried to instigate this new stucture.
Archer started forward, Corey in the ruck and Colbert the 3rd tall behind McCartney and Watt.

Then that c#@nt Lloyd f$&cked everything up.
Watt off,
McCartney to fullback,
Archer to defence,
McKernan to CHF ,now has to mark everything ala W.Carey and win the game for the team to keep the fans happy.

We ended up playing all our talls right where we didn't want them to play.

I am absolutey sick of going to the footy and watching Archer doing his Mr.Fixit impersonation. I would love to see just one season where he was played in the best position for Glen Archer. I recon if he played the whole season on a half-forward-flank an let to roam as he wished he would remind everyone how good he really is. He has been crucified for the best part of his career because of his ability to compete against bigger oponents.

So I'm praying for our luck to change, and hopefully we can get to see our players perform to what they are capable off.

Just to add a little bit,

I think we missed out on seeing the best of G.Archer. Everyone admires his courage and toughness, but alot of people forget that he is very skillful on both sides of the body and rarely fumbles the ball. He would be awesome alongside Carey on a half-forward-flank.

I can't remember the last time we had a bit of good fortune.
Nobody wins a premiership cup these days without plenty of it.
The bummers had a great run with injuries last year. (Not taking anything away from their excellent performance)
It will be interesting to see if they can remain injury free this year.

But I do long for the days of being able to watch our team perform with players actually playing in their best positions.
It seems like forever since our team hasn't looked like a scrabble board of names.

Did someone break a mirror at Arden st?
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

I would like to see Glenn Archer play a forward role. I stand to be corrected but Glenn has not played up forward since 1996. ? I do not think our injury management is as good as what was previously. We will need to improve this year.

[This message has been edited by hotham (edited 03 April 2001).]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back