Multiplat No Man's Sky

Remove this Banner Ad

Well, it's finally happened. Craft your own ship is here. Unfortunately as of yet you can't create hybrids between the different classes and the only ship classes that you can crush for components are fighters, haulers and explorers. No shuttles or solar sail ships or sentinel craft, though this may change.

To build a fighter for example you can crush different fighters for their cockpit/fuselage, the wing section and the engine compartment. You gotta buy the reactor (C,B,A or S) separately from the ship component vendor.

All components take up inventory space. They aren't stored in the ship configuration thingy.

All us long-termers with squillions in our accounts are gonna find component farming a breeze but any n00bz out there are gonna find the grind a grind.

Yeah I like it a lot. Outlaw and abandoned stations haven't changed yet but who knows?

Last time I played the ships were all more or less the same, with different skins. There might have been a couple of different types but other than that, wasn't any point really building up a ship from memory which kind of killed the immersion. Has this changed at all?

Last time I played the ships were all more or less the same, with different skins. There might have been a couple of different types but other than that, wasn't any point really building up a ship from memory which kind of killed the immersion. Has this changed at all?
Yeah it has. I mean with the shipbuilding it's still

1. find cockpit/fuselage you like
2. find wing configuration you like (left wing AND right wing in the case of the bug-like explorer)\
3. find engine configuration you like (again, the explorer's different in that cockpit and engine are in the same body and it's the wings you can mix and match on)

but there are a LOT of configurations. You can also choose the colour scheme although annoyingly there's no black!!

Only fighter/hauler/explorer for now but you'd imagine the other ships will be along shortly. And hopefully the chance to hybridise across different makes of ship or swap out old parts for new on existing ships.

I custom-built a new hauler with an awesome tail section I wish my original had. I like it so far.

I'd like to remake my desperately ugly tube shuttle monstrosity I had in the early years of this game, when you'd wander for miles looking for crashed ships. It would be guaranteed to turn heads at the Nexus!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back