Multiplat No Man's Sky

Remove this Banner Ad

Google for '26 minute leak no man's sky' or something similar. It's being taken down and then reposted by various groups.

It's nothing incredible, nothing that will spoil the game IMO. Gives you some basic idea of what you'll be doing when you first start playing, though.

What's the consensus from those that have it so far?

Pretty positive from what I've seen.

And just quickly for people who can't or don't want to watch the video - one non-spoiler thing to give you an idea - at about 10 minutes into the 26 minute video he says something like 'OK, I'm gonna wrap this up in a minute'. Then a little later 'I'm just gonna go over here then wrap this up', 'I'm just gonna check this out over here' and so on.

It seems like the sort of game where you set a short term goal that should take maybe 5 or 10 minutes but then you keep getting distracted and seeing new things you want to check out and half an hour later you've made minimal progress towards that original goal. I guess the question is after 10 planets whether or not it will feel like you're just repeating the same stuff over and over or you feel like the game's only just beginning.

And just quickly for people who can't or don't want to watch the video - one non-spoiler thing to give you an idea - at about 10 minutes into the 26 minute video he says something like 'OK, I'm gonna wrap this up in a minute'. Then a little later 'I'm just gonna go over here then wrap this up', 'I'm just gonna check this out over here' and so on.

It seems like the sort of game where you set a short term goal that should take maybe 5 or 10 minutes but then you keep getting distracted and seeing new things you want to check out and half an hour later you've made minimal progress towards that original goal. I guess the question is after 10 planets whether or not it will feel like you're just repeating the same stuff over and over or you feel like the game's only just beginning.

I'm getting that vibe after watching the video.

What this really underlines is how little we know about the game. It looks like there is a significant progression system from all the recipes and upgrades and slots and things. So I'd guess that the challenges you face early on will not be the challenges you face midgame (and there will be the satisfying change where you no longer have to have those warnings going off all the time because your suit can now last for hours). And they've suggested that there is a sort of endgame once you reach the middle of the first galaxy. So although we still don't know much, I'm confident that the game will have ways to change things up, and of course there will always be the odd 1 in 100 discovery to spice things up.

I think gamers that are driven by progression/exploration/discovery will find a lot to like here. I can imagine FPS players not really enjoying it so much because they wanted better shooting bits.

I do think it will be a bit like - find cool s**t to make yourself more powerful so that you can find even cooler s**t to become even more powerful so that you can the coolest s**t ever and so on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jeez that doesn't sound optimistic for people looking for some sort of "storyline". All grindy "collect/accomplish this" trophies.
I think it's indicative of the adventuring part of the game which is what it's supposed to be about. You unlock them as you go not at certain points like in other games such as when you level up or beat a particular boss.

Jeez that doesn't sound optimistic for people looking for some sort of "storyline". All grindy "collect/accomplish this" trophies.
I don't think the game has ever been touted as one that will have a storyline. Its more an exploration game in my eyes, where the enjoyment will be in discovering things, with the ultimate aim , getting to the centre of the universe.

I think it's indicative of the adventuring part of the game which is what it's supposed to be about. You unlock them as you go not at certain points like in other games such as when you level up or beat a particular boss.

I don't think the game has ever been touted as one that will have a storyline. Its more an exploration game in my eyes, where the enjoyment will be in discovering things, with the ultimate aim , getting to the centre of the universe.
Oh I know, I'm comfortable with what the game sets out to be. There seems to be a lot of people who still don't appear to be though.

You're a gaming flop.

Ouch.

I'll probably get it still, just think it'll get boring quick on solo, should have some life as a group.

Ouch.

I'll probably get it still, just think it'll get boring quick on solo, should have some life as a group.
I'll be throwing a massive party at the centre of the universe, so come party with me

Oh I know, I'm comfortable with what the game sets out to be. There seems to be a lot of people who still don't appear to be though.
yeah I'm looking forward to finding new species of flora and fauna however I won't enjoy it if I find some horse that all the game does is change its colour and its a completely new species. I hope that there are significant differences to keep people exploring

I'll be throwing a massive party at the centre of the universe, so come party with me
I'm staying away from your black hole

yeah I'm looking forward to finding new species of flora and fauna however I won't enjoy it if I find some horse that all the game does is change its colour and its a completely new species. I hope that there are significant differences to keep people exploring

That's probably exactly what it will be.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back