Multiplat No Man's Sky

Remove this Banner Ad

A lot not working tonight. I've had about 5 game crashes in the last 45 mins.

Also, unless i'm missing something, I should be able to travel to systems off the paths with my Warp Drive Theta, but it doesn't let me, despite saying "requires warp drive theta"...
Do you have all three warp upgrades? I think you need all of them to get to some systems.
Well that's terribly upsetting considering I dismantled the previous ones. So many resources to gather :(
actually guys, you'll find that wonky warp upgrade issues have been fixed in the overnight patch :thumbsu:

I have some interesting parking skills

14047119_10153927689245369_8844306269251753610_o.jpg

How can you possibly hold that many? I'm on a planet with random Gravitino Balls all over the ground but they don't stack, making collecting heaps of them impossible.
there's a little trick for that one mate, and it's really ******* worth knowing.

What you need to do is find a technology upgrade that uses things like Gravatino Balls, Vortex Cubes etc. What you do is you sacrifice however many you need to make it. Then you immediately disassemble it! Reason being, if it gives you more than 1 material out of the disassembly, they all land in the same slot, allowing them to stack from the onwards! I ******* s**t you not. As long as you keep it above 2, they can stack upto like 1000!!

And, even better... when you next find a crashed ship, do this:

Claim the new ship. Strip it of ALL of it's parts (warp drive, plasma cannon etc) and you WILL almost certainly get stackable mats. Once you've done that, reclaim your old ship and fly off, laughing

Another helpful hint for acquiring Atlas v2 and v3 passes

they always come from Observation Stations, so if you use a beacon to find Colonial Outposts, go to Obs Stations (NOT manufacturing plants) and there are two options, each of which give you either v2 or v3

they always come from Observation Stations, so if you use a beacon to find Colonial Outposts, go to Obs Stations (NOT manufacturing plants) and there are two options, each of which give you either v2 or v3
Cool. I've been hammering Manufacturing Plants with no luck. Will give that a go.

Good to know. Atlas pass 2 and 3 are just about the only things I don't know how to make. I think. I have started finding some resources that I don't see any use for besides selling - yet.

I've been using the stackable mats trick for a little while now. Really makes it easier to manage inventory when upgrading with a crashed ship if thanks to stackable carite sheets. Another little trick - if you find a Gek transmission tower, you can use it as many times as you like to create lots of crashed ship waypoints at once. Really handy.

Found this guy last night. He was hanging around next to a massive pillar of gold (1000 after I mined nearly all of it). In the second image I am standing on top of the pillar surveying the wildlife of this (very interesting and profitable) toxic shithole.
Dino up close.jpg
Monsters.jpg

Ah nice thanks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Never have I encountered a game that crashes more than this one. It's not game wrecking by any means but it's certainly frustrating. Walked seventeen minutes away from my ship looking for the last few creatures, found them so I saved, then made the long walk back only for it to crash as I was getting into the ship.

I don't think I'll ever bother to find all the species. I know there are achievements but it seems like it is more trouble than it is worth.
Honestly haven't had much trouble at all up until this planet. I'm enjoying it. To be fair I'm also farming Gravitino Balls on this planet so I'm not just aimlessly wandering about looking for a red dot.

Honestly haven't had much trouble at all up until this planet. I'm enjoying it. To be fair I'm also farming Gravitino Balls on this planet so I'm not just aimlessly wandering about looking for a red dot.

Some are pretty unfair I have found. Obviously in the algorithms some species have lower spawn rates and you just have to keep flying to different spots and running around looking for the white fauna dots. I had one last weekend where it took me about 12 game hours to find. When I finally found it, it was some weird looking big thing and kind of looked like it was meant to be rare. My last one just last night was a moon that took me four hours to find a damn fish. That was really unfair though. The planet had a fair bit of water so I was confident there was water life. The night before I found an absolutely hideous octopus-spider thing in the water and I never ever saw them spawn again. The next night after looking at skies for maybe a second flying species or the land it was a bloody fish. While I was relieved that I finally found it I was a little annoyed at how tedious it was. I can't wait until I get the trophy so I don't have to bother anymore.

Found this guy last night. He was hanging around next to a massive pillar of gold (1000 after I mined nearly all of it). In the second image I am standing on top of the pillar surveying the wildlife of this (very interesting and profitable) toxic shithole.
View attachment 278421
View attachment 278423

Hope you went with "Ass Raptor" for the smaller ones.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back