Multiplat No Man's Sky

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t think so. I tried shooting Sterge a few times from my ship while he was mining.

and stealing all the ******* copper :p

and that was the one planet not trying to murder you every 4 steps, pity it was completely barren

woota

Club Legend
Jun 27, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
I mean I'm not far into the game but really I think this is shaping up to be one of the greatest games of all time.

There are things they could do to make it even better though. I hope they continue adding to it.

woota

Club Legend
Jun 27, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Has anyone here found one of the alien monoliths? What happens when it gives you a choice if you take your helmet off or fire your gun?

Dancing Potato

Premiership Player
Jul 7, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Never had a PS4 so picked up the Xbox version yesterday.

The first planet I landed on had good environmental conditions and plenty of flora and fauna so I guess that's a win.

I found a crashed freighter as part of a story mission. Didn't realise until after I flew away from it that there is no ******* map or way of finding it again.

I've warped through about 4 systems and decided to do the Atlas path. Now the Awakening mission has disappeared. But got my free freighter. Yay!

What do I do now? Do I try to get back to my home base 4 systems away? I have absolutely no ******* idea what I'm doing.

dav3

Brownlow Medallist
May 1, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Has anyone here found one of the alien monoliths? What happens when it gives you a choice if you take your helmet off or fire your gun?

Just google it, there are lists of all the questions and what happens for each response. How you answer depends on what race created it, etc, and you'll either get a reward, nothing, or damage.

Got this on sale, having a lot of fun just exploring. Found a lovely frosty planet with normal looking trees, huge oceans, cliff caves, large carniverous kangaroo things and wild Articunos.
20180731232523_1.jpg
20180801155510_1.jpg

May 14, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Yeah, starter planet was a icy planet and then when it wanted me to build the computer for home base, it was while I was on a radioactive planet so thought something else will be better.

Found a viridescent planet which like MannumPower is fine but then gets pretty hot when a storm comes in. Started to build a base and just figuring out all the new "items". My first play through was like just Carbon, Heridium, plutonium, iron etc.

woota

Club Legend
Jun 27, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Are there any planets where you DONT take environmental damage from heat, cold, radiation etc?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm about 4hrs into my new game and it already feels like it's has more focus on space combat than pre-update. I already unlocked the achievement for killing 20 starships. I don't think I did that in my entire 40hrs last time.

The most intense was when I decided to steal 12 Gravitino Balls. Spent 10 mins killing sentinel starships only to realise they just keep calling backup. So legged it to the nearest space station with them hot on my heals.

I've been wondering what to focus on upgrading. I've just hit ~1.2 million units but unsure whether to focus on upgrading my multitool or my ship. Should I focus on getting a new ship altogether? I've managed to unlock quite a few storage spaces in my exosuit which will come in handy.. I feel like it's a bit of a big decision where I chuck this money. :think:

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
I've been wondering what to focus on upgrading. I've just hit ~1.2 million units but unsure whether to focus on upgrading my multitool or my ship. Should I focus on getting a new ship altogether? I've managed to unlock quite a few storage spaces in my exosuit which will come in handy.. I feel like it's a bit of a big decision where I chuck this money. :think:

You will upgrade everything in due time anyway but I prefer ship early for more slots to carry stuff to sell. Upgrading your tools will allow you to mine more stuff but that’s no good if you can’t carry it all.

You will upgrade everything in due time anyway but I prefer ship early for more slots to carry stuff to sell. Upgrading your tools will allow you to mine more stuff but that’s no good if you can’t carry it all.
Totally agree and this was the way I was heading until I unlocked about 4 extra slots in my exosuit in the space of a few hours.. actually it just occurred to me the slots in the ship can hold more than the slots in the suit can't they?

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Totally agree and this was the way I was heading until I unlocked about 4 extra slots in my exosuit in the space of a few hours.. actually it just occurred to me the slots in the ship can hold more than the slots in the suit can't they?

Not sure actually. I have just gone by stacks which is 250 then I move it to my ship. If you save up a couple million credits you can just buy a ship if you see one you like at a space port. Sometimes you can find them crashed too and repair them but I haven’t seen them this time around. A solid ship upgrade and you’ll most likely double your storage capacity on your ship. Just note though that stuff won’t transfer to the new ship. That includes any components or upgrades and materials stored. Getting a new ship can be a bit of a stuff around at first if you need to grind to install some things again. Same goes for mining tool. There is also the freighter now that I don’t know anything about yet as they’re a newer addition to the game and I haven’t got one yet.

I’m not sure how long it has been in the game but now there are extra tabs for ship and exosuit that you can use to install mods too that helps free up space.

My mate got that mission again last night where the captain offered his freighter for free afterwards. So it looks like its not just a once off and you may be able to just keep doing them over and over again (if you're lucky enough for them to pop) til you find a freighter you want.

Not sure actually. I have just gone by stacks which is 250 then I move it to my ship.
Okay, I thought I read somewhere that they did. Maybe I imagined it.

If you save up a couple million credits you can just buy a ship if you see one you like at a space port. Sometimes you can find them crashed too and repair them but I haven’t seen them this time around. A solid ship upgrade and you’ll most likely double your storage capacity on your ship. Just note though that stuff won’t transfer to the new ship. That includes any components or upgrades and materials stored.
I know you can't transfer the tech but I could've sworn there's an option to transfer your stores. I think it even warns you to do so before purchasing.

I reckon I might go for a bit of a wander through space and see if I can come across this free freighter before I sink a coupla million creds into a new ship.

My mate got that mission again last night where the captain offered his freighter for free afterwards. So it looks like its not just a once off and you may be able to just keep doing them over and over again (if you're lucky enough for them to pop) til you find a freighter you want.
upload_2018-8-2_8-34-8.png

Okay, I thought I read somewhere that they did. Maybe I imagined it.

I know you can't transfer the tech but I could've sworn there's an option to transfer your stores. I think it even warns you to do so before purchasing.

I reckon I might go for a bit of a wander through space and see if I can come across this free freighter before I sink a coupla million creds into a new ship.
Yeah you can 100% transfer everything that isn't actually attached to the ship/gun. I suggest dismantling all tech when purchasing a new ship/gun for at least a few mats.

Bloody spewing, was refining stuff and didn't have much space so transferred it to my freighter from the planet only to find I couldn't transfer it back, seems weird you can only transfer one way. anyone know if you can get some upgrade that allows easy transfer from freighter to planet?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back