Multiplat No Man's Sky

Remove this Banner Ad

God damn, another patch today. What are we up to now, the 4th patch since the beyond update?

I don't care how often they patch. It's good that they're fixing things.

What I don't understand is if they wanted to make it less grindy wtf did they introduce this power supply rubbish?

True. The biofuel reactors are a waste of time because they eat up fuel so quickly. What you need to do is build some solar panels, which give you all the power you need during daylight hours. Then build some batteries and wire them up to the solar panels, so your base is powered at night. After you've done this then the power takes care of itself and you don't have to worry about it anymore.

The latest patch seemed to have fixed things, well, fixed them enough to lull me into a false sense of security; I got so engrossed in building my solar array and powering up my base that I forgot to save and thus when the game crashed I lost about half an hours work. Why they haven't implemented an auto save feature in this game is beyond me, I shudder to think how much effort I've had wasted so far due to crashes.

I'm positive that Hello Games are trying to set a world record for most patches released. This is just ridiculous.

If you want to land on a landing pad wait till the blue circle goes green otherwise you'll endure the cosmic horror of being able to land almost anywhere else.
Well, with trading posts you literally can't get close to them without the blue circle going green, yet somehow I managed to get close enough to land right next to the landing pad. I mean, to land that close the circle must have been green. Maybe I was going to fast, but even still it always sucked you down onto the pad previously

I only recently realised that if you use a proper landing pad you don't consume any launch fuel when taking off again.
There is also little pylon things you can land near that will allow fuel free take off. Can't find what they're called so can't even post a pic, but they are little poles with lights covering them from memory.

Nah, think like one of those telstra pylons. Its black with white/yellow lights on it from memory. Keep in mind they may have been removed in the latest update, I still haven't gotten around to playing it yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah, think like one of those telstra pylons. Its black with white/yellow lights on it from memory. Keep in mind they may have been removed in the latest update, I still haven't gotten around to playing it yet.

View attachment 732240

Realistic graphics.

I've also noticed since the upgrade that when entering space stations and my freighter my ship seems to be flying partially inside a wall or the roof and also some if the wall panels in my freighter are a bit glitchy.. they seem to flicker and s**t.

Flickering wall textures in my freighter are going to give me a seizure.

Started a new save a couple of nights ago and feel they introduce the new (and reintroduce old) concepts really well and at a good pace.

Really enjoying it so far (even the need for power for you bases - cool concept).

I'm playing on PS4 and though I haven't experienced any crashes (yet), I have had the view jump back and forth between 1st and 3rd person over and over a couple of times. Thankfully just going into the inventory stops it.

There seems to be some storage units at my base that perpetually have insufficient power no matter how much power I hook up to them. The whole power concept is mind bogglingly s**t imo.

It's not just you. I've had the same problem with storage units.

Explain why plz.
Because of the constant dicking around with power, because of the apparent issues with storage containers (that I haven't had yet, but is bound to happen), because for some reason landing pads don't seem to want to snap to buildings anymore and also finally because it seems that biodomes don't let you plant in front of doors anymore, meaning you have to stick them on the top of buildings to get full value from them, making it much more tedious to harvest them.

I'm starting to think that bases are only of aesthetic value now, if you want to set up something practical, do it on your freighter
Same. The only reason I went back was because I needed some indium and I knew I had some in storage.. obviously one of the storage units I couldn't access so I just had to mine it again anyway. I spent a reasonable amount of time building up a fairly big base and I think it would take many hours of grinding to get everything there powered back up again. With the changes to your exosuit storage with this update it just doesn't seem necessary anymore.

Same. The only reason I went back was because I needed some indium and I knew I had some in storage.. obviously one of the storage units I couldn't access so I just had to mine it again anyway. I spent a reasonable amount of time building up a fairly big base and I think it would take many hours of grinding to get everything there powered back up again. With the changes to your exosuit storage with this update it just doesn't seem necessary anymore.
You don't have storage units on your freighter?

Nope. I've only just started playing around with the freighter really. Never used to use it. Only just assembled a little fleet to send out on excursions too.

If they're on your freighter do they need power?
I haven't needed power for anything on my freighter. Of course it's been a few days since I was last on it, so that might have changed by now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back