Multiplat No Man's Sky

Remove this Banner Ad

I tried a couple of the derelicte freighter missions. Was good fun doing something different and they both had a different flavour and the interiors were different although from the outside both freighters were identical. I get the impression it will get quite samey quickly though. Also, the coordinates/scanner thingy you buy from the scrap dude cost me 11 million space bucks the second time! Pretty ******* outrageous I reckon given I don't think the loot got anywhere close to that. It also looks like the environment in general on the planets has had a bit of a facelift which is welcome.

I haven't gone back to my base yet. Expecting it will be a complete shitshow with trees growing out of stuff etc.

I tried a couple of the derelicte freighter missions. Was good fun doing something different and they both had a different flavour and the interiors were different although from the outside both freighters were identical. I get the impression it will get quite samey quickly though. Also, the coordinates/scanner thingy you buy from the scrap dude cost me 11 million space bucks the second time! Pretty ******* outrageous I reckon given I don't think the loot got anywhere close to that. It also looks like the environment in general on the planets has had a bit of a facelift which is welcome.

I haven't gone back to my base yet. Expecting it will be a complete shitshow with trees growing out of stuff etc.
If you blast asteroids for long enough you get beacons that work the same as the ones you buy, well at least you used to, I assume it's still the same.

It resets back to five every day. And there's an alien (I forget his name - he's the one who gives you nanites for new discoveries like plants, animals, planets, etc) on the anomaly that gives you a free one once a week as well.

been getting back into it with the new update. its hard though i always feel lost when i have a break from this game and feel like i need to start again

been getting back into it with the new update. its hard though i always feel lost when i have a break from this game and feel like i need to start again
Yeh, I'm the same, I just opened up a save from last year with 3-4 hours on it. Had a small base but my ship was out of fuel so couldn't go anywhere. After a while I thought * it and fired up a new game. I wasn't really losing much so I think it was worth it for me.

Before that 3-4 hours from last year, I hadn't played since it first came out and it's changed a fair bit since then so taking a little while to figure out all the new stuff.

Yeh, I'm the same, I just opened up a save from last year with 3-4 hours on it. Had a small base but my ship was out of fuel so couldn't go anywhere. After a while I thought fu** it and fired up a new game. I wasn't really losing much so I think it was worth it for me.

Before that 3-4 hours from last year, I hadn't played since it first came out and it's changed a fair bit since then so taking a little while to figure out all the new stuff.
Yeah it’s taken me a couple of hours but I persisted with my old save and I’m pretty happy I’m not starting again now as I’ve got a boatload of units and a good freighter

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been really enjoying getting back into this. After over 100 hours when it first came out, I wasn't sure if the new stuff would be enough to keep me occupied and not just doing more of the same, but it's changed a s**t tonne. There's so much to do, I can easily see myself putting in over 100 more hours. I'm already up to about 25 hours and barely feel like I've scratched the surface. They seemed to have massively reduced the grind too which is good.

Seems to be harder to find crashed starships though. I had planned to find and flip them but distress beacons always send me to other random s**t. Found a YT video which talked about buying A and S class ships, scrapping them, saving up all the storage augmentations and 'pimping out' another ride and selling that. Think that'll be my go to method for coin, nanites and ship improvements. And also the chlorine hack.

Trying the get the last couple of creature scans on each planet has been a bitch too. The last one on my home planet is common underwater, but I just can't find it.

Trying the get the last couple of creature scans on each planet has been a b*tch too. The last one on my home planet is common underwater, but I just can't find it.
Yeah it's just not worth the effort. If it's your base planet it may just spawn at some point but when I'm exploring other solar systems, if I have to spend anymore than 10 minutes looking for the last 1 or 2 animals I don't bother and move on to the next planet. You can literally waste hours and hours looking for them and they just don't spawn. Most planets you should be able to find everything in 20 minutes or so tops.

Yeah it's just not worth the effort. If it's your base planet it may just spawn at some point but when I'm exploring other solar systems, if I have to spend anymore than 10 minutes looking for the last 1 or 2 animals I don't bother and move on to the next planet. You can literally waste hours and hours looking for them and they just don't spawn. Most planets you should be able to find everything in 20 minutes or so tops.
I haven't spent a lot of time going to different systems (only 6 so far) but haven't managed to find a full set on any planet so far. I guess I'll keep looking.

This and the Extreme planets trophies are the most annoying to get. I did it on my UK account, want to platinum it on my Aus account though.

I just finished pimping out my original Radiant Pillar starship to an S class with max slots, which cost millions upon millions of credits and lots of time flipping s and a class ships in various space stations. I'd been meaning to do it for ages but never got around to it. I've barely got 2 billion credits left now.

Extreme planets is the last one for me. I have 4 sols left but I just got bored hanging around the last planet so pissed off when I got the second to last milestone. I'll get there eventually..
I still really don't know how that extreme planet one works, the last time I checked you had to put yourself in one of those caravan-looking things that come in pairs, and leave the game running overnight.

Extreme planets is the last one for me. I have 4 sols left but I just got bored hanging around the last planet so pissed off when I got the second to last milestone. I'll get there eventually..
I still really don't know how that extreme planet one works, the last time I checked you had to put yourself in one of those caravan-looking things that come in pairs, and leave the game running overnight.
Yeh, that's how I did it last time. You just need to check it every now and then so your life support doesn't deplete.

I think now, with the exo mech, I'll just hang around in that and go storm crystal hunting.

I've been doing it naturally, which is why I'm 280 odd hours in and still haven't got there.

The planet I was just on I considered leaving the game on overnight or something but I'll just keep plodding along. 4 sols isn't that long.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back