Multiplat No Man's Sky

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone know how YouTubers have 48 slot Fighters but mine is maxing out at 40?

I've started cheesing the space augmentations using the personal refiner replication trick. Bit cheaty but CBF grinding via ship flipping.

Also, I've seen a few of those squid ships at the Anomoly.

Anyone know how YouTubers have 48 slot Fighters but mine is maxing out at 40?

I've started cheesing the space augmentations using the personal refiner replication trick. Bit cheaty but CBF grinding via ship flipping.

Also, I've seen a few of those squid ships at the Anomoly.
I've got a 48 slot fighter, they're pretty easy to find if you unlock all the portal glyphs and use a portal to head to a solar system that has them.

There are plenty of references on the internet with portal glyph codes for finding what you want. Found an epic multi tool this way too

I've got a 48 slot fighter, they're pretty easy to find if you unlock all the portal glyphs and use a portal to head to a solar system that has them.

There are plenty of references on the internet with portal glyph codes for finding what you want. Found an epic multi tool this way too
How do you tell the difference between one that caps out at 40 and one at 48?

How do you tell the difference between one that caps out at 40 and one at 48?
You just have to inspect them im pretty sure and it should tell you their inventory. The best place to find em is at trade hubs but you have to be in the right solar system.

I think the 48 slot fighters are also relics and don't exist anymore, I have one but after one of the updates it was demoted from an S to a C class.

I went and found myself a 38 slot S class fighter immediately

How is this company making money? A completely botched launch, followed by years and years of free updates with no microtransactions. Surely anyone that was interested in this game bought this 2 or 3 updates ago now.

Been really enjoying this playthrough, been a bit cheaty with the dupe glitch to drum up coin and nanites, but just CBF doing it honestly. Grinding for an S Class Resurgent Freighter. Have spent about 2 or so hours so far reloading and playing the same pirate attack trying to get an S Class to spawn. It's getting tiresome and really been the only drag so far but keen to get it and set up a proper freighter base. I have an S Class Venetor style already but want the big ass mofo one. Watched a few Youtube videos, didn't realise just how big you could make those freighter bases!

I got a Squid ship. Don't think they look all that great though. Will keep it for now but might ditch it if I find anything better. Maxed out my Tie Fighter style fighter, turns out you need to upgrade it to S Class to max it out to 48 slots (it's more Tie Bomber wings with an X-Wing nose). Got an X-Wing style Explorer too (backward X-Wing style wings with a Tie nose). Just need a Hauler now. Been using NMS Co-ordinates Exchange to find ones I like. It'd be great if they come out with an option to completely build custom ships.

Enjoyed the story line up until the end where it just really fizzled out. It's like they got half way through it and thought "* it, that's enough". Really expected more to happen with Apollo. Like maybe actually meeting him or something and not just "We're ****ed, it's been swell, cya".

How is this company making money? A completely botched launch, followed by years and years of free updates with no microtransactions. Surely anyone that was interested in this game bought this 2 or 3 updates ago now.
That's a good question. I know it's a small company, but still. They must have made a fair bit at launch even with its issues and getting by on steady sales since.

Can't complain though, constant free updates is a refreshing change. Especially compared to NBA 2k21 where I take a break to take a s**t and get charged for it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been really enjoying this playthrough, been a bit cheaty with the dupe glitch to drum up coin and nanites, but just CBF doing it honestly. Grinding for an S Class Resurgent Freighter. Have spent about 2 or so hours so far reloading and playing the same pirate attack trying to get an S Class to spawn. It's getting tiresome and really been the only drag so far but keen to get it and set up a proper freighter base. I have an S Class Venetor style already but want the big ass mofo one. Watched a few Youtube videos, didn't realise just how big you could make those freighter bases!

I got a Squid ship. Don't think they look all that great though. Will keep it for now but might ditch it if I find anything better. Maxed out my Tie Fighter style fighter, turns out you need to upgrade it to S Class to max it out to 48 slots (it's more Tie Bomber wings with an X-Wing nose). Got an X-Wing style Explorer too (backward X-Wing style wings with a Tie nose). Just need a Hauler now. Been using NMS Co-ordinates Exchange to find ones I like. It'd be great if they come out with an option to completely build custom ships.

Enjoyed the story line up until the end where it just really fizzled out. It's like they got half way through it and thought "fu** it, that's enough". Really expected more to happen with Apollo. Like maybe actually meeting him or something and not just "We're f’ed, it's been swell, cya".

That's a good question. I know it's a small company, but still. They must have made a fair bit at launch even with its issues and getting by on steady sales since.

Can't complain though, constant free updates is a refreshing change. Especially compared to NBA 2k21 where I take a break to take a sh*t and get charged for it.
Tell me about this glitch

Tell me about this glitch
You need to have the personal refiner, then:
  • Head to Anomoly, before exiting your ship, put the item you want to duplicate (can be a stack) into your personal refiner
  • Exit your ship
  • Remove item from refiner
  • Give something (anything) to another player - ie. need multiplayer turned on
  • Reload last auto save
  • Remove duplicated item from refiner
  • Profit
I used a stack of 5 Compressed something or others I got from scrapping ships which were worth 3 mill each, so could sell a stack for 15 mill at a time. I now use this AI module (from expensive ships) which are worth 50 mill each for a profit of 250 mill per stack. Make sure you keep one stack though so you can do it again.

You can also use it for Storage Augmentations (stack of 15) or Tainted Metal (previously Pugneam) to sell for black market s**t or anything else really. Though, if it's refinable it'll start straight away if you drag and drop into your refiner so select it from within the refiner.

If you want to do a lot of desolate freighters, activate the search beacon and while in pulse mode, chuck it in your refiner. After the mission, take it out and you can use it again.

PS5 a great time to finally jump back in then. Haven't played since launch so it's going to be a shock.

I jumped back in to check out how the updates were....havnt stopped. Ive racked up about 50 hours in my 2 weeks off. Such a different game now.

Tried for about 6 hours just reloading trying to get that ******* S Class Resurgent Freighter to spawn, gave up and settled for an A Class. Have kitted it out to a point I'm happy with. Though not finished my farm.

Started the Quicksilver/Nexus grind. These missions are absolute garbage. Surely they can come up with something a little more interesting that these?

I was really looking forward to seeing how the ps5 version of No Man's Sky looked, but all my saved games seem to have disappeared despite me making sure they were uploaded to the cloud before I got rid of the ps4. I guess I'll just wait a couple of days until this sick feeling goes away and then I'll start again from scratch.

Maybe it will miraculously reappear, who knows.

I was really looking forward to seeing how the ps5 version of No Man's Sky looked, but all my saved games seem to have disappeared despite me making sure they were uploaded to the cloud before I got rid of the ps4. I guess I'll just wait a couple of days until this sick feeling goes away and then I'll start again from scratch.

You had to go into the game and upload via the game (not playstation cloud), I thought that too. Transferred my saved files but wasn't on the PS5. Had to go back onto the PS4 to fix it up.
If you PS4 is gone, don't think you will be able to get it back.

You need to load up the PS4 version of the game, in there there's an option to migrate to PS5 (can't remember the exact wording).

The PS5 can run both versions and will store both cloud saves so you can do this at any time, even now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back