Multiplat No Man's Sky

Remove this Banner Ad

You had to go into the game and upload via the game (not playstation cloud), I thought that too. Transferred my saved files but wasn't on the PS5. Had to go back onto the PS4 to fix it up.
If you PS4 is gone, don't think you will be able to get it back.
See above.

You had to go into the game and upload via the game (not playstation cloud), I thought that too. Transferred my saved files but wasn't on the PS5. Had to go back onto the PS4 to fix it up.
If you PS4 is gone, don't think you will be able to get it back.
Shiiiit really?

Looks like according to Sixpence You can load up the PS4 version on the PS5 and that save file will be there from the cloud/storage? Then you can transfer to the PS5 version.
No saves are showing up at all on either version.

No saves are showing up at all on either version.
In game or in Cloud Storage?

In the games menu, go to PlayStation Plus, there should be a cloud icon top right:

PXL_20210213_050812970~01.jpg

Go to Saved Data (PS4) -> Cloud Storage -> Download to console storage.

Is your save for NMS there?

In game or in Cloud Storage?

In the games menu, go to PlayStation Plus, there should be a cloud icon top right:

View attachment 1056968

Go to Saved Data (PS4) -> Cloud Storage -> Download to console storage.

Is your save for NMS there?
Sadly, the only save game in there is the one that was created this morning when I first loaded it up. It must have saved over the top of the old one.

Molly Meldrum once lost a heap of irreplaceable music and sporting memorabilia in a house fire, and he reckoned that the only way he could deal with the loss was to pretend he never owned it in the first place. So on that note, I wish to state that I look forward to playing this new game on the PS5 that I've never played before, it's set in space and looks really good

Molly Meldrum once lost a heap of irreplaceable music and sporting memorabilia in a house fire, and he reckoned that the only way he could deal with the loss was to pretend he never owned it in the first place. So on that note, I wish to state that I look forward to playing this new game on the PS5 that I've never played before, it's set in space and looks really good

Wonder how much better this is on PS5, never really got into it before but am completely bored lately with current games. May play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, I am enjoying this new game immensely, but I have to say that there appears to be quite a few improvements that I could make to my suit, my gun/scanner thing and my ship that look like they'll take hell of a lot of grinding to accomplish. Man, that's the sort of thing I'd hate to do again if I'd already completely maxxed out everything once, but I suppose the journey will be fun.

I wonder how hard it would be to get an s-class freighter with thirty s-class frigates? And to set up a massive supply chain to make those widgets that sell for about 18 mil a piece plus getting all the plans for such, I wonder how much effort that takes?

I wonder how hard it is to max out my starting ship into an s-class beast with all the slots expanded? And to find a squid ship and completely max that out too?

Well I guess there's only one way to find out.

Well, I am enjoying this new game immensely, but I have to say that there appears to be quite a few improvements that I could make to my suit, my gun/scanner thing and my ship that look like they'll take hell of a lot of grinding to accomplish. Man, that's the sort of thing I'd hate to do again if I'd already completely maxxed out everything once, but I suppose the journey will be fun.

I wonder how hard it would be to get an s-class freighter with thirty s-class frigates? And to set up a massive supply chain to make those widgets that sell for about 18 mil a piece plus getting all the plans for such, I wonder how much effort that takes?

I wonder how hard it is to max out my starting ship into an s-class beast with all the slots expanded? And to find a squid ship and completely max that out too?

Well I guess there's only one way to find out.

Google it scrub.

I really wish I had to

Does this game have groups? Like I could join your team and I'd be a part of your crew for life? I basically just want free gear if I'm going to play.

I learnt today that you can upgrade your exosuit at the nexus thing every time you enter a new system, giving you two upgrades per system. I did not previously know this, it will save much time.

The other thing about running in and out of the anomaly upgrading my exosuit is I somehow ended up with a full slot full of activated indium that I didn't notice anyone give me, which I managed to turn into a thirty slot b class hauler (upgraded from my starting ship, which I kept). That's gonna save me heaps of time getting up and running again. I always meant to do a similar thing when I had a heap of Stasis Devices and Fusion Igniters sitting in storage, but I never got around to it.

I got right to the end of the living ship mission and it broke so now I'm carrying around all this useless crap that's no good for anything. Just finished grinding enough quicksilver to buy another void egg but I have no idea if it will start the missions again or not.

I've pretty much run out of things to do and have set up a base next to a portal so I can go touring around the galaxy checking out some of the stuff people have built. Some of it is mindblowing. Been thinking about maybe trying to build a low orbit base somewhere.

Well, in further tales of rampant saved game inept stupidity, I was playing NMS last night after a few beers which were followed by a few more beers, when I received a notification that a new update had been installed. So I installed the update and restarted the game and continued on. Then pantskyle happens to arrive in my game and then I get another notification about a game update being ready to install. A bit weird I think, as I've just done that, but either way I update again so I can get back to the multiplayer session.

When I restart the game the saved game is gone. Nothing. Surely I don't have to restart? The cloud backup is not there. I really don't want to have to restart again. How has this happened to me again? Was it pantskyle's fault? Hard to see how, but I was open to the possibility, which I let him know all about. So i went and played something else for a while before checking NMS again and I notice there's an option to upload the save to the ps5 version. Which meant I was on the ps4 version. Which meant that the second update must have been for the ps4 version. Which I had then changed to when I installed the update and restarted the game. Which is why I couldn't find the ps5 saved game. Which magically reappeared when I changed to the ps5 version.

An hour's worth of ranting and raving that could have all been avoided. And once again very difficult to blame anyone else for.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back