Multiplat No Man's Sky

Remove this Banner Ad

Well, in further tales of rampant saved game inept stupidity, I was playing NMS last night after a few beers which were followed by a few more beers, when I received a notification that a new update had been installed. So I installed the update and restarted the game and continued on. Then pantskyle happens to arrive in my game and then I get another notification about a game update being ready to install. A bit weird I think, as I've just done that, but either way I update again so I can get back to the multiplayer session.

When I restart the game the saved game is gone. Nothing. Surely I don't have to restart? The cloud backup is not there. I really don't want to have to restart again. How has this happened to me again? Was it pantskyle's fault? Hard to see how, but I was open to the possibility, which I let him know all about. So i went and played something else for a while before checking NMS again and I notice there's an option to upload the save to the ps5 version. Which meant I was on the ps4 version. Which meant that the second update must have been for the ps4 version. Which I had then changed to when I installed the update and restarted the game. Which is why I couldn't find the ps5 saved game. Which magically reappeared when I changed to the ps5 version.

An hour's worth of ranting and raving that could have all been avoided. And once again very difficult to blame anyone else for.

I read this as pantskyle crashed the internet.

I was so confused reading that 🥴

Has anyone played this on Pc and is that version any good?

I got the game at launch on PS4 and was quite underwhelmed. I don't have a PS any more but keen to get back into this.

Well, in further tales of rampant saved game inept stupidity, I was playing NMS last night after a few beers which were followed by a few more beers, when I received a notification that a new update had been installed. So I installed the update and restarted the game and continued on. Then pantskyle happens to arrive in my game and then I get another notification about a game update being ready to install. A bit weird I think, as I've just done that, but either way I update again so I can get back to the multiplayer session.

When I restart the game the saved game is gone. Nothing. Surely I don't have to restart? The cloud backup is not there. I really don't want to have to restart again. How has this happened to me again? Was it pantskyle's fault? Hard to see how, but I was open to the possibility, which I let him know all about. So i went and played something else for a while before checking NMS again and I notice there's an option to upload the save to the ps5 version. Which meant I was on the ps4 version. Which meant that the second update must have been for the ps4 version. Which I had then changed to when I installed the update and restarted the game. Which is why I couldn't find the ps5 saved game. Which magically reappeared when I changed to the ps5 version.

An hour's worth of ranting and raving that could have all been avoided. And once again very difficult to blame anyone else for.

I'll hatch one if I am gifted one.

Actually fairly proud of myself so far, have put in about 12 hours now since restarting last week, bought a ship, set up a shitty base, am actually doing missions and figuring things out.

I really want a living ship though so please someone gift me one and or millions of dollars.

I had some giant idiot companion as well and couldn't hear anything else, found the smallest animal I could and now that's my companion. Makes no noise and frankly I have no idea where he is, possibly dead.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just having a sesh tooling around on the anomaly when I get a rumbling in my guts.
Clear off to the shitter and come back 10 minutes later and some good Samaritan has transferred 250 million units of broken down freighter items and 10 void eggs into my inventory.
Whoever you are, what a bloody legend!

Just having a sesh tooling around on the anomaly when I get a rumbling in my guts.
Clear off to the shitter and come back 10 minutes later and some good Samaritan has transferred 250 million units of broken down freighter items and 10 void eggs into my inventory.

Yeah well some guy gave me 1 carbon.

The NMS subreddit has recently started a bit of a thing about randoms gifting stuff, so it wouldn't surprise me if there's a sudden rush of people doing it hoping for a mention on social media and a bit of pretend karma.

I don't really know what to do from here, I have 250m or so, want to buy a squid but not allowed a red one. I basically spend my days hunting for bones.

I'm not a base builder, have no care for it.

I like quicksilver, I got the rainbow trails for my ship, now saving up for a new outfit and helmet.

I'm doing the living ship missions atm.
Got tired of searching every system I jumped to soninjust hit up the space station and anomaly to farm exosuit slots.
Finally made it to the last system and now I'm waiting the 18 hours or so for my egg to mature.

I'm doing the living ship missions atm.
Got tired of searching every system I jumped to soninjust hit up the space station and anomaly to farm exosuit slots.
Finally made it to the last system and now I'm waiting the 18 hours or so for my egg to mature.

I thought about that mission and it seems like it would drive me mad, I have an egg and also was given a cracking egg.

Edit: Just read that some people get a cracking egg whilst doing the mission and it's a glitch and worthless :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back