No match highlights on WatchAFL? (overseas)

Remove this Banner Ad

Moggy

Premiership Player
Sep 7, 2012
Oslo
AFL Club
Geelong
Is it just me or have the AFL stopped compiling highlights packages for this season on the WatchAFL app/site (for overseas subscribers)?

The website and app are third rate, the subscription cost is increasing and now the highlights seem to be a thing of the past...

Is it just me or have the AFL stopped compiling highlights packages for this season on the WatchAFL app/site (for overseas subscribers)?

The website and app are third rate, the subscription cost is increasing and now the highlights seem to be a thing of the past...
I've noticed this too. Really annoying. The AFL.com.au ones aren't long enough - the 15 min packages watchafl have done the last few years have been just right. is everyone else having the same problem?

I've noticed this too. Really annoying. The AFL.com.au ones aren't long enough - the 15 min packages watchafl have done the last few years have been just right. is everyone else having the same problem?
I think it is only the website that is missing the highlights. My iphone app seems to have them.
Still... crap :-(

Highlights are on the App, seldom use the website so not sure about that.

Has anyone else had trouble recently casting from their app to TV.
Gather Round was really bad, repeatedly kept having to restart the feed as kept losing video.
Seems a bit better this week.
Went through and rebooted everything, tried casting other video with no issues so it appears to be app related.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Highlights are on the App, seldom use the website so not sure about that.

Has anyone else had trouble recently casting from their app to TV.
Gather Round was really bad, repeatedly kept having to restart the feed as kept losing video.
Seems a bit better this week.
Went through and rebooted everything, tried casting other video with no issues so it appears to be app related.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

My casting was generally ok.

Are you seeing captions on the live fox footy channel ? Driving me friggen nuts. Someone has also posted on Reddit re captions.

Yes I am. How do you get rid of them? Incredibly annoying
Watch AFL got back to me, this is what they stated;

seems to be connected to a recent software change on iOS devices. While a solution is being developed, our team has proposed a potential workaround. Could you please follow these steps and let us know if it resolves the issue?

1. Go to Settings on your iOS device.
  2. Select Accessibility.
  3. Under the Hearing section, choose Subtitles & Captioning.
  4. Toggle Closed Captions + SDH on, and then off again.

After completing these steps, please attempt to stream again and check if subtitles are still appearing.

Worked for me!

Watch AFL got back to me, this is what they stated;

seems to be connected to a recent software change on iOS devices. While a solution is being developed, our team has proposed a potential workaround. Could you please follow these steps and let us know if it resolves the issue?

1. Go to Settings on your iOS device.
  2. Select Accessibility.
  3. Under the Hearing section, choose Subtitles & Captioning.
  4. Toggle Closed Captions + SDH on, and then off again.

After completing these steps, please attempt to stream again and check if subtitles are still appearing.

Worked for me!
Cheers mate this is really helpful I’ll definitely try it this weekend!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back