No More Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Well i hate to say it, but the Crows were just making up the numbers this season in the Eight.

Now this is mainly towards Crows.ok....you found it so funny that my prediction for the Crows season was wrong, you found it hilarious. But why bother making the finals if you make an "effort" (and i use the word loosely) like that?

Bad luck on the result today - but the result went to form this season. The crows season was filled with mistakes, and todays game was not much different. By that i mean they never really destroyed any sides this year...most of their wins they just snuck over the line (like against Freo and West Coast) and their losses were a lot worse than past years.

I expected the crows to put up a lot better effort than that tho.

Will Jarman retire after his two possesion game today?? Will Smart retire?? Will Robran retire?? Who needs to be traded to turn this result around next season??

I think it proves that the Crows rely on too few players to win a football match. If you stop Mcleod, Riccituo and Jarman then the Crows wont win.

Congratulations on a much better season than many many people predicted...Hopefully for Crows Supporters sake they dont take too much out of todays game and they look forward to possibly a more fruitful season next year.

Quite a few positives can come out of the year tho for the crows - the emergence of Stenglien and J Gallagher as pretty good footballers and their fantastic away form (equal best in the league), Perrie as a marking forward, Mcloeods ever growing reputation as one of the best players of the last decade, Mark Stevens great form for the year.

See you next year

Crow54

23 year veteran.
Oct 9, 2000
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
It was interesting to hear the 5AA commentary at the end of the game, talking about how the Crows players were so palsy with the Carlton boys after the match. They weren't just shaking hands, but were hugging them and having a bit of a chat. The opinion was that maybe the loss didn't hurt the Crow boys enough.

It seemed as if the Crows weren't hungry or hard enough throughout the game, and maybe were glad the season was over.

Jerome

Club Legend
Feb 3, 2000
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Crows, Centrals

Bad luck on the result today - but the result went to form this season. The crows season was filled with mistakes, and todays game was not much different. By that i mean they never really destroyed any sides this year...most of their wins they just snuck over the line (like against Freo and West Coast) and their losses were a lot worse than past years.

[/B]

We beat Carlton, North Melbourne and St Kilda by 10 goals. We also beat Richmond by about 7 goals in Melbourne. Yes, some of our wins were very close (as were our losses) but some of them were also away wins - Carlton at Optus, Brisbane at the Gabba, Melbourne at the MCG for example. Our away record this year was pretty good compared to other years. We'll take a close win away anytime.

We do rely on too few players at times. Some of our other major flaws at various times this season has also been the lack of a consistant regular/dominating key position player (mainly up forward - with the exception of Stevens and Bassett), poor delivery to the forward line, forward line set up, poor skill level, not playing for four quarters and the stupid bloody huddle.

Having said that I thought our midfield improved this year with Clarke having a much better season and Roo, McLeod, Goodwin, Edwards, Johnson, Bickley, Stevens and Hart all having a very good season. The development of Gallagher, Stenglien, Shirley and Perrie has also been great. We still need more from the likes of Welsh, Burton Vardy, Ladhams, Bode, Skipworth, Johncock Marsh, Biglands and Eccles next year if are going to improve. Playing an attacking game plan from Round 1 will also help next year.

I am very unhappy about todays effort!! Our season has ended, but hopefully the club can build on the positives and work on the negatives from this year and we will improve in 2002.

Jerome

Dec 29, 2000
AFL Club
Adelaide
Making up the eight, another insightful comment from Macca19. Take some more medication and lie down. The following: beating Brisbane in Brisbane (the only side to do it this year and will remain so, Carlton and Richmond will have no show in two weeks), Richmond at the "G", Carlton at Optus and Footy Park and Hawthorn at Footy Park. Win loss ratio against sides in the eight 5-6, not too bad but needs to improve to get to the next level.

We do rely on too few however todays game would be an experience for a number of players. Carlton had far more finals experience which does matter. We didn't adjust to the weather conditions as well as Carlton.

PS: At least the day wasn't a total disaster, given the Lions win over the PAPs. Good to see they did it for Fos.

ant

Premiership Player
Oct 17, 2000
O.T.H. near Sophia's Bush
AFL Club
Adelaide
I'd just like to echo most of the key sentiments, a very disappointing day, the football from our boys was shocking, certainly not good enough and we didn't have enough contributors on the day. We definitely couldn't handle the Blues' pressure either, they stepped it up and we couldn't go with them.

I do think however the future is bright for the boys, looking at the team before the game on Channel 7, we have plenty of young players who hopefully will continue to improve and contribute. Earlier in the year we saw the load being shared by too few, but our better performances later in the season were due to the younger guys stepping up. Sadly we reverted back to our previous poor form today and last week as well, but I'm confident we can build on our late season resergence in 2002.

Obviously the forward line will be the area that needs most attention now with Jars retirement, but if we can find someone else there or see Stevens and Perrie grow further into their roles, all is not lost. I'm looking to next year already with a lot of confidence, which I don't think is completely unfounded.

Originally posted by kirky
Making up the eight, another insightful comment from Macca19. Take some more medication and lie down. The following: beating Brisbane in Brisbane (the only side to do it this year and will remain so, Carlton and Richmond will have no show in two weeks), Richmond at the "G", Carlton at Optus and Footy Park and Hawthorn at Footy Park. Win loss ratio against sides in the eight 5-6, not too bad but needs to improve to get to the next level.

We do rely on too few however todays game would be an experience for a number of players. Carlton had far more finals experience which does matter. We didn't adjust to the weather conditions as well as Carlton.

PS: At least the day wasn't a total disaster, given the Lions win over the PAPs. Good to see they did it for Fos.

So every game from now on we "have to win for Fos" do we?? Thats completly pathetic. Seeing as last week was for Fos - and we won by our record margin. I could say the same thing. Nice to know the players knew Jars was retiring 2 weeks ago yet they couldnt even win for him today! You beat Brisbane when there was talk of Matthews being sacked, and when they were not playing good footy.

One other thing regarding the Lions win tonight, not many people tipped us to win, and to win would of been a remarkable achievement...one of the greatest wins of the season by any club, yet we still have a next week - so the result doesnt matter anyway.

Dec 29, 2000
AFL Club
Adelaide
Originally posted by Macca19

So every game from now on we "have to win for Fos" do we?? Thats completly pathetic. Seeing as last week was for Fos - and we won by our record margin.

Well it is amazing how sometimes Port uses motivation for some games and not others. I am absolutely positive that if they had won, all the Port people would be saying we did it for "Fos". Just like when they come back from a large deficit they say its the Port tradition. Yet when they don't come back or lose when in front by a reasonable margin, that that is not the Port tradition. In one word, "convenience".

One other thing regarding the Lions win tonight, not many people tipped us to win, and to win would of been a remarkable achievement...one of the greatest wins of the season by any club, yet we still have a next week - so the result doesnt matter anyway.

Now, why would it have been a remarkable achievement? You only lost one more game than the Lions, you have beaten them twice (in the Ansett Cup GF and the first round) and generally have matched up well on them over the years. What has people tipping them got anything to do with the game, if you are good enough you would have won. All that is going to happen is that you will win this week and lose the following to Essendon. Game Set Match.

The only benefit is our pain is over and the plug has been pulled.

QT

Premiership Player
Suspended
Dec 14, 2000
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide
Just got home, and I can tell you 27 carrages on the train...and everyone was dead silent, it sorta summed up how we played yesterday.

We looked intimidated right from the start, and Carlton were winning all the 50-50's.

Add that we were luckless (ala the bounce of the ball always somehow went into the arms of a blues player :mad: ).

Bassett, Bickley , Roo and Edwards all played preety well, and to take some consolation from the game, Jars last kick was a goal.

Bad luck boys, yous have made us proud throughout the eyar, and we look forward to season 2002

From a very sad and depressed QT :(

Top Dog

Premiership Player
Jun 18, 2001
Doug Hawkins Wing
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray Bulldogs
QT how much did it cost ya to get to Melb and Back? also how many crow fans came down?

Comiserations all crow fans :D but imagine losing by 2pts in a prelim........*Breaks out in tears* :mad:

Originally posted by QT
Edwards all played preety well,

Just to let you know he had 8 goals kicked on him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

QT

Premiership Player
Suspended
Dec 14, 2000
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide
Originally posted by Macca19

Just to let you know he had 8 goals kicked on him.

:(

He tried lifting the team in the 3rd qtr, showed some leadership..and took a sensational mark...

:( :(

Blues2001

Club Legend
Feb 23, 2001
Melbourne, Victoria.
Other Teams
Carlton
Originally posted by bluecrow

What is it with sooky Carlton players? Kouta and someone else went for a marking contest, and clashed with our players. Particularly Kouta, who clashed with Bicks, stayed down on the ground - apparently hurt. But, he sure was able to take his free kick! Bickley actually appeared to be hurt more - as Kouta fell on top of him, but he was able to get straight back up. No procrastination.

I don't get this....Kouta had the free paid AGAINST him on this occasion. He then got up and took a good mark afterwards. Apparently he got a knee in the nuts.

In this case, Kouta did NOT get have a free paid AGAINST him, he received it. You only re-inforce what I said. "He got up and took a good mark afterwards." So, he was clearly never injured in the first place, just sooking to get a free :eek: :eek: :eek:

Seeing as you do not have testicles (from what ive read from memory you are female) you have no right to say "he was playing for a free". I dunno if there is an equivalent for a female as getting a kick in the testicles or a knock in the testicles is for a guy. It leaves you completly winded for about 5 minutes and you struggle to breathe.
Looking at the video Kouta got a pretty hefty knock in the testicles. I strongly doubt, unless he is HE-MAN, that he would of been just playing for a free kick

Blues2001

Club Legend
Feb 23, 2001
Melbourne, Victoria.
Other Teams
Carlton

In this case, Kouta did NOT get have a free paid AGAINST him, he received it.

I hate arguing about such petty issues....but.....I've watched the replay twice....and the free kick was actually (wrongly) given against Kouta to the crows and the advantage was paid.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back