AFL Grand Final No More Excuses About Where The Grand Final Is

Remove this Banner Ad

3 teams had golden opportunities in what they describe (if it’s the other way around) as walkover knockout finals due to home ground advantage.

West Coast, Brisbane and Port all couldn’t do it.

I don’t think you quite understand the term advantage. You could be given the answers to the first 10 questions of an exam and still fail the exam. It doesn’t mean that you haven’t had an advantage, it just meant you weren’t good enough. This is exactly what has happened in this finals campaign, yes they had an advantage but couldn’t get the job done.

MCG Tenants also have an advantage on GF day but it isn’t necessarily earned.This is where the fairness comes in.

I don’t think you quite understand the term advantage. You could be given the answers to the first 10 questions of an exam and still fail the exam. It doesn’t mean that you haven’t had an advantage, it just meant you weren’t good enough. This is exactly what has happened in this finals campaign, yes they had an advantage but couldn’t get the job done.

MCG Tenants also have an advantage on GF day but it isn’t necessarily earned.This is where the fairness comes in.

They experts say the interstate teams have an advantage on GrandFinal day because they have been able to escape the hype of Melbourne grand final week.( re Collingwood etc)

But the stats show that it evens its self out over time.

I know it's easy for me to say this, because my team is an MCG tenant.

But I firmly believe that if a team is good enough, they will win anywhere.
Richmond 2017 were in such good form coming into the finals, they would still have won their games, at any stadium.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder if the fact the Lions had a bye, a game, a bye, a game another bye and then the game vs Geelong had any real effect.

Maybe this year with less games during the home and away but 2017-2019 have all been won by a side following the same formula. 2015 qualifying finals winner made the grand final:

2015: West Coast won Qualifying Final, Semi Final and lost Grand Final
2016: the outlier
2017: Adelaide & Richmond both won finals weeks Qualifying Final, Semi Final to make Grand Final
2018: West Coast won Qualifying Final, Semi Final and Grand Final
2019: Richmond won Qualifying Final, Semi Final and Grand Final

I don't like the pre-finals bye at all but I'm not sure a valid argument can be built against it yet. The last 2 years would say the side that played every week leading into the Grand Final doesn't fare that well Grand Final Day but that just isn't a big enough sample size to make an argument.

Maybe this year with less games during the home and away but 2017-2019 have all been won by a side following the same formula. 2015 qualifying finals winner made the grand final:

2015: West Coast won Qualifying Final, Semi Final and lost Grand Final
2016: the outlier
2017: Adelaide & Richmond both won finals weeks Qualifying Final, Semi Final to make Grand Final
2018: West Coast won Qualifying Final, Semi Final and Grand Final
2019: Richmond won Qualifying Final, Semi Final and Grand Final

I don't like the pre-finals bye at all but I'm not sure a valid argument can be built against it yet. The last 2 years would say the side that played every week leading into the Grand Final doesn't fare that well Grand Final Day but that just isn't a big enough sample size to make an argument.

2 games in a 4 weeks maybe be tricky but 3 in 5 weeks ( grand final ) at the end of the season maybe be perfect. Just got to win your prelim.

What business does a Melbourne supporter have pretending to smack anyone anywhere?

As I said, you are claiming some kind of bizarre, vicarious bragging rights through the success of other Victorian sides.

That's a sad state of affairs.

The difference between you and I is that I don’t judge a person based on the team they follow. I base that on their intellect, and in that one you are soundly lacking. West Coast could win the next 50 flags but you’d still be an idiot.

It was sort of fun poking you in eye, but beating up on the challenged kiddies gets boring even for me, so run along lad, and leave the adults to talk.

The difference between you and I is that I don’t judge a person based on the team they follow.
I judge you by your weird attachment to other Victorian sides. And you being a Melbourne supporter explains a lot. I can certainly see the appeal of supporting a Victorian coalition as opposed to just the Demons. I think everyone would understand your reasons for that.

It was sort of fun poking you in eye, but beating up on the challenged kiddies gets boring even for me, so run along lad, and leave the adults to talk.
Not at all. You can return to be mocked any time you like.

I judge you by your weird attachment to other Victorian sides. And you being a Melbourne supporter explains a lot. I can certainly see the appeal of supporting a Victorian coalition as opposed to just the Demons. I think everyone would understand your reasons for that.

Not at all. You can return to be mocked any time you like.

Congratulations monkey boy... you won the internet. Send me you CC deets and I’ll send you your prize.

Congratulations monkey boy... you won the internet.
I guess that's more than Melbourne have won in your lifetime?

Maybe that's why you support the Victorian coalition? Like a fallback plan for forlorn Demons fans. :(

Send me you CC deets and I’ll send you your prize.
No thanks. I'm not into dick pics. Not even small ones. Sorry.

Spare me the excuses from interstate supporters about your team and the Grand Final being played at the MCG.

Because not only will a Victorian team win the Premiership.....the game will be decided between two Victorian teams in Queensland.

It's done!
Vic teams playing finals interstate and two will compete for the premiership in Perth.

No bullshit…..no excuses.

Work harder and be better.

#MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Back