AFL Grand Final No More Excuses About Where The Grand Final Is

Remove this Banner Ad

Sitting in a Gold Coast hub instead of a cold Melbourne winter and still only having to travel approx once a month still does not equal travelling across the country ever second week regardless of all of the rubbish that the media will serve up this week.

Geelong do get some credit though, they came to Perth and survived a brutal draw as well as playing Richmond after they were coming off a bye (what a coincidence.)

If you Victorians think hubbing for 15 weeks in Queensland is the equivalent of traveling every 2nd game for:

34 years like West Coast Eagles

30 years like Adelaide Crows

26 years like Fremantle

24 years like Port Adelaide

Then you really do have your heads up your own arses.

And by the way the Eagles and Dockers both hubbed for 10 weeks in Queensland this year also.

And there it is. Weagles supporter sooking...what a surprise

We can all be happy because unlike most years we have a neutral ground grand final.

The argument is not about how you get to the grand final but about the ground advantage once you get there. That advantage is not applicable this year.

If you Victorians think hubbing for 15 weeks in Queensland is the equivalent of traveling every 2nd game for:

34 years like West Coast Eagles

30 years like Adelaide Crows

26 years like Fremantle

24 years like Port Adelaide

Then you really do have your heads up your own arses.

And by the way the Eagles and Dockers both hubbed for 10 weeks in Queensland this year also.
Did the poor Eagles not get enough unsporting advantages over the Victorian clubs yet again this year?

I've got a good idea: Why not whinge infernally about it.

Sitting in a Gold Coast hub instead of a cold Melbourne winter and still only having to travel approx once a month still does not equal travelling across the country ever second week regardless of all of the rubbish that the media will serve up this week.

Geelong do get some credit though, they came to Perth and survived a brutal draw as well as playing Richmond after they were coming off a bye (what a coincidence.)
Going all in on the travel and ignoring all the other factors at play.

Keep swinging. I look forward to the next concocted loser theory.

Totally makes sense to draw conclusions from a data set of 1.

I also heard Trump cured his Covid with hydroxychloroquine, so let’s get everyone taking that as well.

Totally makes sense to draw conclusions from a data set of 1.

I also heard Trump cured his Covid with hydroxychloroquine, so let’s get everyone taking that as well.
Exactly. It's refreshing to see that at least some West Australians recognise that there is no advantage for Victorian clubs in grand finals at the MCG, when most of your fellows whinge infernally about some mythical injustice.

Exactly. It's refreshing to see that at least some West Australians recognise that there is no advantage for Victorian clubs in grand finals at the MCG, when most of your fellows whinge infernally about some mythical injustice.

Except there may be data suggesting that a home ground advantage in sports is real. With a fairly large data set that isn't solely based on a single season in the AFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Except there may be data suggesting that a home ground advantage in sports is real. With a fairly large data set that isn't solely based on a single season in the AFL.
Exactly. There is no evidence, in the 30 years of AFL, that there's any advantage for Victorian clubs playing in the Grand Final at the MCG.

Should still be in Adelaide rather than the worst stadium in Australia but it is what it is. Lack of resorts counted against us for Gils jaunt 😂

Serious question to anyone who says the AFL have helped Richmond along these past few years.

What was the AFL doing for the preceding 37 years? Did they decide to finally rig it for us and will north, Essendon, Carlton, st Kilda, Melbourne and any other struggling club magically find themselves on the receiving end of some underhanded helping in the coming years or are there a certain amount of years a club must wander the wilderness before the AFL intervenes? Will Freo ever get the help we allegedly have or are they disqualified because they are interstate? Also with the efforts to expand the game from AFLHQ surely gifting flags to Victorian clubs goes against that? Genuinely confused about this line of thinking.

Again, deadly serious question.

Good sample size though, moron

On top of it being a disjointed, pandemic season

Smh
I'm talking about the MCG and how in 30 years there is no evidence of a bias against non Victorian teams for grand finals at the MCG. Not one game at the Gabba.

I think you knew that, and now you've descended to personal insults.
A bit pathetic don't you think?

Last edited:
I'm talking about the MCG and how in 30 years there is no evidence of a bias against non Victorian teams for grand finals at the MCG. Not one game at the Gabba.

I think you knew that, and now you've descended to personal insults.
A bit pathetic don't you think? Even for a whinger who feels very entitled?

The main thing with the bias is the MCG team having the home ground advantage on grand final day...not making the grand final itself.

So this whole thread is irrelevant.

But you know that...being an entitled Richmond flog you don't care though.

Flogs gonna flog

Remove this Banner Ad

Back