No more free streaming on AFL app for telstra customers

Remove this Banner Ad

Just had a note to update my AFL app with it is a note to say no more free streaming. Thats annoying. didnt use it much but could solve an argument if the wife wanted me in another room

Telstra customers can get Kayo for $5 per month for 12 months and then $25 per month after the initial 12.

Ive had Kayo for around a year now and found its pretty good value for any sport lover.

Telstra customers can get Kayo for $5 per month for 12 months and then $25 per month after the initial 12.

Ive had Kayo for around a year now and found its pretty good value for any sport lover.

I've had Kayo since it started, has been great. If it somehow started televising the newly revamped VFL comp I'd be ecstatic.

The Telstra streaming wasn't great - only phone size, even if you watched on something larger. Better than nothing and free with my account, I've used it pretty often anyway.

Kayo is much better and for $5 a month well worth it. But jumping to $25/month after that is a lot if you only really want to watch football. I couldn't justify it, and there will be more and more weekends I just don't see games at all.

The Telstra streaming wasn't great - only phone size, even if you watched on something larger. Better than nothing and free with my account, I've used it pretty often anyway.

Kayo is much better and for $5 a month well worth it. But jumping to $25/month after that is a lot if you only really want to watch football. I couldn't justify it, and there will be more and more weekends I just don't see games at all.
strictly speaking afl live is 700 lines which is just below DVD. however it like netflix and other streams can reduce quality when it detects latency. with the old MHL and plugging in after the stream begins trick i can generally get the full 700 lines playback on our 60" tv.

as you say kayo for a fiver a month is a fair deal but for $25/mo they can stick it.

I keep on getting an error when even trying to sign up but it looks like I cant use my existing Kayo subscription and have to make a new account?
I saw this comment posted under the Ozbargain link. Give this a crack.

Log into existing account, reactivate ($25month), enter TLSLP20 code, brings down to $5 month, then will take you to sign in page to Telstra, SMS verification, then entire details for payment to activate $5 a month.

I saw this comment posted under the Ozbargain link. Give this a crack.

Log into existing account, reactivate ($25month), enter TLSLP20 code, brings down to $5 month, then will take you to sign in page to Telstra, SMS verification, then entire details for payment to activate $5 a month.
No go. :(. Thanks though mate.

I get this through the kayo site

1612243461198.png

and this through the telstra site

1612243471469.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What about the current AFLW season, I watched the weekends game on the live app, will I need to get Kayo to watch the next game?
If you use Chrome on your laptop etc you can stream the AFLW to your tv from the AFLW or the AFL website

Last edited:
I only watch AFL and A League so i swapped from Fox to Kayo to save a few bucks and it's been pretty disappointing. Does anyone else have a problem with Kayo buffering all the time. It's incredibly annoying. I'e been told it might be my internet or our server. Anyone got any ideas?

I only watch AFL and A League so i swapped from Fox to Kayo to save a few bucks and it's been pretty disappointing. Does anyone else have a problem with Kayo buffering all the time. It's incredibly annoying. I'e been told it might be my internet or our server. Anyone got any ideas?
I’ve signed up with Kayo for the footy season the last couple of years. The first year it was pretty good, with only minor buffering. But it was pretty much a stinking turd of buffering last year. Kind of strange as we are on a good NBN plan and have no issues streaming any other service.
Swapping from HD to SD might help. Moving the modem closer to the TV and complaining to Kayo didn’t help.

Run a speedtest. www.speedtest.net

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Buffering is due to your connection speed, not the app. You need a minimum of 15mbps to avoid that.

The standard NBN should be near enough to crystal clear at around 45mbps.

Apps like Netflix automatically reduce your resolution on buffering, you can do this manually if you need to with Kayo.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Buffering is due to your connection speed, not the app. You need a minimum of 15mbps to avoid that.

The standard NBN should be near enough to crystal clear at around 45mbps.

Apps like Netflix automatically reduce your resolution on buffering, you can do this manually if you need to with Kayo.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Yeah no problems with buffering on Netflix or any other streaming services, just Kayo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back