News No More Games In Victoria (GF TO BE IN QLD)

Remove this Banner Ad

WTF else Is there to do, watch the covid news reports

I watch a glut of horse racing, which hasn't been compromised to any large degree, try and do some exercise and generally devote spare time keeping connected to family and friends.
I live in country Victoria, I haven't seen my family for various reasons (but COVID for the past four and a half month) for nearly seven months, nor any of my best mates. That's more important to me than watching a half-arsed, cobbled together game that barely any of the participants are interested in.
I watch games, but there's no feeling for it, only the inevitable sense that this will be called off soon.

This is terrible news for the players and staff.

Sadly the staff members are being pretty overlooked by media and the AFL, they are sacrificing just as much as the players but yet get paid much less and usually have more family commitments

The AFL is going to have to let more family members go up the QLD, otherwise I think you will see a few decide to return to Vic
What about the umpires? Would all have full time jobs too

I watch a glut of horse racing, which hasn't been compromised to any large degree, try and do some exercise and generally devote spare time keeping connected to family and friends.
I live in country Victoria, I haven't seen my family for various reasons (but COVID for the past four and a half month) for nearly seven months, nor any of my best mates. That's more important to me than watching a half-arsed, cobbled together game that barely any of the participants are interested in.
I watch games, but there's no feeling for it, only the inevitable sense that this will be called off soon.
With the load of rubbish on tv it’s an easy choice to tune into footy rather than bachelor in paradise. Ive just about watched every bloody game there is , has helped with the form and my same game multis. I still find it hard to believe I won’t be bale to attend any game live all season , bloody crying shame , as I love live footy 10 fold over broadcasts

Any news on what Prestia, Nank and Titch are going to do? I can’t imagine that Hoult will be coming up anytime soon, if at all.

There’s logic in Nank and Prestia joining the group soon so they can do their quarantine in the early stages of their recovery. There are also reports of other players bringing their pregnant partners up to the Hub, maybe Titch could follow that path?

Any news on what Prestia, Nank and Titch are going to do? I can’t imagine that Hoult will be coming up anytime soon, if at all.

There’s logic in Nank and Prestia joining the group soon so they can do their quarantine in the early stages of their recovery. There are also reports of other players bringing their pregnant partners up to the Hub, maybe Titch could follow that path?
Seriously not if she's due in mid August. No way. Otherwise they would have gone at the start.

What about the umpires? Would all have full time jobs too

Well that’s true the umpires should too. I just find it a bit annoying how we only seem to be saying how hard it is for players but there is a whole staff up there with them who are away from their families also

Richmond and Western Bulldogs are tipped to be playing in Perth after the Hawks and Blues, so that could be from round 11.

The condensed fixture is from Rounds 9 to 12 so would expect us and the Bulldogs to play early in rounds 9 and 10 to allow for relocating to Perth.

Last edited:
With the load of rubbish on tv it’s an easy choice to tune into footy rather than bachelor in paradise. Ive just about watched every bloody game there is , has helped with the form and my same game multis. I still find it hard to believe I won’t be bale to attend any game live all season , bloody crying shame , as I love live footy 10 fold over broadcasts
I’m not a TV watcher but yeah I’ve had the games on and take multis to keep me interested, just find myself drifting away though reading etc whilst it’s on.
just very hard to watch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wonder how the COVID-19 free Kat-Park Appreciation Board is taking this

I love that the one time they can have guaranteed finals in their shitty dump, they will be based in WA or QLD :p
Best

For us I’d think jack would be only one in that bracket , AFL are making allowances for family to come up , that may happen with JR
If he had any brains he would get his family out of that disease ridden state......lol

Anyone, anytime, anywhere. The melts will be delicious when we still win. Haven’t lost up there for a decade.

Seems a strange decision not to have played more games given that was the idea of the shorter matches....
Its our home away from home away from home....
Gabba ... MCG ... Punt Road Oval ;) :p

Last edited:
Richmond and Western Bulldogs are tipped to be playing in Perth after the Hawks and Blues, so that could be from round 11.

The condensed fixture is from Rounds 9 to 12 so would expect us and the Bulldogs to play early in rounds 9 and 10 to allow for relocating to Perth.

Fine by me! Would mean I get to go watch some footy

Maybe they need to start playing the season pretty quick - 2 rounds a week - then as this Covid thing bites harder - maybe 3 rounds a week - the season could be over within a month or 2 and a GF by the end of Aug .... hard on the players - but at least we see a completed season - otherwise my crystal ball is showing COVID outbreaks everywhere - and the season is abandoned like the VFL ....

This confirms even more what a joke of a season this is. Fundamental rules of the game changed like shorter quarters, no Melbourne clubs gets to play at home and now they have to hub away from own facilities and family for months. Multiple games jammed into a week and now the grand final moved away from MCG for first time in a million years.

When Brisbane likely win the flag it will have an asterix next to it.

A lot can change, I'm not sure the GF in QLD is a lock really. Could be absiolutely anywhere!
I don’t think they have a suitable venue do they?

Seriously, why are the AFL in panic mode, the NRL are not panicking.
You’d never use the NRL as an example of anything!
Are the AFL panicking though? I don’t think they are they’re just moving with what they have on offer which being a competition mostly Victorian based is a smaller space than usual. They can only really work with what they’ve got.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back