2nds No more reserves games at the Gabba?

Remove this Banner Ad

Rigby

Debutant
Aug 16, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong
Just wondering why there isn't a curtain raiser with the reserves playing for the first two games at the Gabba? Will they be returning later in the season? Were a really cool thing to watch on a Saturday afternoon before the main game kicks off. :)

Yes, it was always good to watch the reserves play before a main game..

Its a good way to see the players coming through, or a player who has been dropped down, to see how he's going etc..

http://aflq.com.au/index.php?id=5&tx_ttnews[pointer]=2&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=551&tx_ttnews[backPid]=4&cHash=68ad382321

Foxtel Cup - Morningside vs NT Thunder was programmed for tonight.
Late change by AFL to AAMI Stadium (decision only advised 4.47pm last Monday).

Reason given hard to accept ("to allow the Gabba to have maximum time to be prepared for the changeover to the AFL season from cricket, and the opening match of the season between Brisbane and Fremantle").

What is going to happen between 3.30pm and 7.00pm tonight that will help with the changeover !!!!......(and don't say "watering the ground")

And it has nothing to do with Andrew McLeod playing with NT.....(yeah right).

http://aflq.com.au/index.php?id=5&tx_ttnews[pointer]=2&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=551&tx_ttnews[backPid]=4&cHash=68ad382321

Foxtel Cup - Morningside vs NT Thunder was programmed for tonight.
Late change by AFL to AAMI Stadium (decision only advised 4.47pm last Monday).

Reason given hard to accept ("to allow the Gabba to have maximum time to be prepared for the changeover to the AFL season from cricket, and the opening match of the season between Brisbane and Fremantle").

What is going to happen between 3.30pm and 7.00pm tonight that will help with the changeover !!!!......(and don't say "watering the ground")

And it has nothing to do with Andrew McLeod playing with NT.....(yeah right).

So, this was just a once off -- it might come back at some stage in the season? :thumbsu:

Curtain raisers were bumped from the Gabba because Eddie had a whinge about the hardness of the surface. Been playing them there for years, we've tolerated it and so have other clubs. Eddie has a cry though and a day later the ressies have been pulled and the grounds being watered from 6am.

Shoulda told him to get ****ed.

Curtain raisers were bumped from the Gabba because Eddie had a whinge about the hardness of the surface. Been playing them there for years, we've tolerated it and so have other clubs. Eddie has a cry though and a day later the ressies have been pulled and the grounds being watered from 6am.

Shoulda told him to get ****ed.

I hate Eddie too, but somehow I don't think we can blame him for this one.

There have been a lot of Brisbane supporters and people inside our Club who have been concerned with the hardness of the GABBA in recent years. Apparently we were the ones asking other Clubs to complain about it in order to get something done.

It would be great for Lions fans if the reserves could play before GABBA games all of the time, but if it is a choice between that and the only solution on the table to make the GABBA surface have less of an impact on our senior players, well then I would definitely take the later.

I hate Eddie too, but somehow I don't think we can blame him for this one.

There have been a lot of Brisbane supporters and people inside our Club who have been concerned with the hardness of the GABBA in recent years. Apparently we were the ones asking other Clubs to complain about it in order to get something done.

It would be great for Lions fans if the reserves could play before GABBA games all of the time, but if it is a choice between that and the only solution on the table to make the GABBA surface have less of an impact on our senior players, well then I would definitely take the later.

I thought the issues our people had was with the pitch square, not the ground as a whole? Either way, shhhh. It's more fun to blame Eddie ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back