No NO Mark Keane

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 22, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yeah just posted this in the trade thread.

If he can come back for the remainder of his cat b contract and see how he goes i don't see why not, but it would wanna be soon and idk if that's allowed since he technically retired. Anything beyond this year would i imagine be pretty tricky and not worth it.

I think it's a bit moot. Sounds to me like old mate journo has gone looking for a story, got a bit of a never say never response and just gone bugger it that'll do.

Markfs

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 13, 2008
Fremantle
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Sydney Sweeney's Shaving Team...
It might be just a case of fishing and if you check the Irish media, there is absolutely NOTHING about this...

It seems that he's making a few bucks doing coaching etc but he has just realised that he might have to go out and get a job. This motivates young irishmen......

Seedsfan

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yeah just posted this in the trade thread.

If he can come back for the remainder of his cat b contract and see how he goes i don't see why not, but it would wanna be soon and idk if that's allowed since he technically retired. Anything beyond this year would i imagine be pretty tricky and not worth it.

I think it's a bit moot. Sounds to me like old mate journo has gone looking for a story, got a bit of a never say never response and just gone bugger it that'll do.
Exactly, would be bloody hard for a young lad to move halfway across the world and then be hit with covid lockdown and bubble life.

We literally have nothing to lose from giving him a second chance and if it doesn’t work out he will be cut at seasons end.

Markfs

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 13, 2008
Fremantle
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Sydney Sweeney's Shaving Team...
Exactly, would be bloody hard for a young lad to move halfway across the world and then be hit with covid lockdown and bubble life.

We literally have nothing to lose from giving him a second chance and if it doesn’t work out he will be cut at seasons end.

As long as he pays for his own airfare and accommodation.... that should keep him away

pablo disco bar

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 16, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
As article said...probs would have been given ample opportunity if stayed in 2022

Keep eating spuds Keane

You are what you eat

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aussie pie

Club Legend
Jul 29, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
76ers
depends how keen he is, i guess
Boo 🤦‍♂️

Anyway, I totally understand the situation he was in especially during the pandemic. That must have been incredibly difficult for anyone playing in another country. I don’t doubt he might be interested in coming back. I’d give him a chance, it’s a bit like an Aussie player taking time off for mental health reasons. It’s just a little more complicated for the Irish guys.

He won an irish tv thing to come to australia to get paid to play footy and have a holiday....
Sounds like the kind of show I would never watch.
Did use to watch The Biggest Loser in the early 2000s.
Watching the contestants exercise was most amusing.

Dynamics

Cancelled
Jul 23, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
I'm indifferent to it. He looked like he had some potential and he had a nice little aggro streak in him. But he never quite put it together and I was starting to wonder if and when he ever would. We're certainly lacking in KPP depth and he's in the right age bracket so if he could come back as a Cat B rookie, fine.

Also....Ballygiblin is a great Irish town name.

Back