No NO Mark Keane

Remove this Banner Ad

If we could get him back as a CAT B… I’d be open to it

Has been at the club. Knows the defensive system. Was always aggressive in the contest. Would be a ready to play option

Would be a better recruit than 80-90% of the other CAT B candidates out there

If I’m not mistaken he’s still contracted and listed with us in 2022. For him to go public suggests the club has said thanks, but no thanks for ‘22 at least.

Having an Irish background myself I’m definitely still Keen to see him in the black and white.

there's something ironic about this bloke being called keen....

keen to see ma and da every week. keen to have ma cook him din din. keen for da to take him down the pub and sink 10 pints

We seem to find uncommitted Irish players, which is ironic given that our roots as a club are working class Irish Catholic immigrants.

I’d welcome him back with open arms

People forget how brutal 20-22 was with lack of travel, lockdowns etc.
Can understand why he was homesick.

Only 22, athletic, some mongrel.

He fits the profile of what we are trying to build.
But his literally one of the worst afl players in history

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting. He’s still listed cat b so wouldn’t cos5 us a spot. But he’s blown his chance. No way even if we wanted him that he’d get up to the required fitness by the time we’d be ready to delist him again.

i hope the name of this thread wasnt misleading timothy...

and we could have some fun getting him out here and then dumping him a few weeks before the end of the season...just tell him oops we made a mistake...

Far less talented players getting games with us. Keane lacks a bit of football iq but I think he has some decent attributes. An upgrade on madge.

at least the madge turns up on gameday.... .lets see how many boys take the day off tomorrow to spend it with the mum...
I'm honestly surprised at how many people are forgiving of keane for just wanting to go home after signing a contract. He reeked of immaturity when he played. Throwing his arms around and basically acting like a 2 year old. No wonder he wants to go back to the breast....

I’d take him back, with further development he could become the full back we need.
I agree I'd take him back for the last 14 games of this year. I dont think he will ever be good enough as a FB but as a third tall defender CHB he could be quite good. There is nothing to lose may help VFL win a flag, could exceed expectations and stay on the list or be someone we could trade. He is on the list anyway. (I think)

there's something ironic about this bloke being called keen....

keen to see ma and da every week. keen to have ma cook him din din. keen for da to take him down the pub and sink 10 pints
young bloke, dont see a problem with that.......... with the later

His football ability isnt the worst thing. If hes going to break contracts then his commitment isnt there, red flags

Agreed.

Reading the article, he is like -- Oh I could come back, collingwood need defenders == Like doing US a favour..

And the mess around when couldn't decide whether to come back or not.

Lets just move on
Why not? See out his contract, he’s not the only person to have struggled during COVID and being so far from his family and friends. It would have been horrific.

Just don’t think he’ll be much help with no footy since leaving. I actually liked what he had to offer.

A bit harsh, he’s just a kid on the other side of the world mid way through a pandemic without an ability to interact with anybody. Tough going!
Large numbers of expats broke contract and went home and didn't return to finish their contract.

Companies who cracked the shits with them and threatened to enact penalty clauses, ended up losing a heap more expat staff in the following two June's when expat contracts tend to end.

Companies who understood, shook hands and said give us a call when this s**t ends, retained a heap more of their staff.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back