No non-Vic team has defeated a Vic team in the Grand Final without list or salary cap concessions

Remove this Banner Ad

Do I really have to spell it out for you? Come on, you know what I'm on about, are you actually up for a discussion on this or just intent on going over the same old s**t for the millionth time?
Actually 10 million times we have hints and suggestions about something and we repeatedly ask WHAT.

Only victorians can paint a team that flies 50000km a year as holding an advantage

Actually 10 million times we have hints and suggestions about something and we repeatedly ask WHAT.

Only victorians can paint a team that flies 50000km a year as holding an advantage

Same old s**t it is then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moronic. Truly moronic if you think travelling to Tasmania or Sydney from Melbourne = travelling from Perth to Melbourne.
Moronic lol.
It's more than just the flying time. It's the disruption to your normal routine. Packing bags, saying goodbye to family and dog, getting to airport, checking in, waiting for flight, collecting bags at other end, getting to accomodation, settling in, different bed, different food, diffetent water, and same on way home. It's basically a day of your life gone. Doesn't really matter if it's 1 and a bit hours or 3 and a half relaxing on the plane, it's a burden.

We flew interstate the same number of times as the Eagles in 2015 and one more than Freo, and won the flag, yep it's a burden but did we complain?
Flying 1 hour to tassie doesnt count for a coupla reasons

1 - obvs its 1 hour - you arent getting home after the game cramped in a plane for hours at ridiculous oclock in the morning

You are spending the same amount of time in transit as if you go to geelong.

And 2) you chose to go there to tasmania - and in the process you drag us down with you

Emwe dont want to play there - your club does.

If we decide to play home games in geraldton we dont get to bitch about that either.

Flying 1 hour to tassie doesnt count for a coupla reasons

1 - obvs its 1 hour - you arent getting home after the game cramped in a plane for hours at ridiculous oclock in the morning

You are spending the same amount of time in transit as if you go to geelong.

And 2) you chose to go there to tasmania - and in the process you drag us down with you

Emwe dont want to play there - your club does.

If we decide to play home games in geraldton we dont get to bitch about that either.
We don't play at Geelong and if we did it would be far far less burden. One hour travel compared with 4 hours of bullshiting around for Tassie. We don't drag you down, for you it's the same travel burden as playing in Melbourne and the ground is very similar dimensions to the G. And we don't bitch about it.

I hope West Coast are never so desperate to prostitute themselves out to other states.
Well fmd, I thought Geraldton was in your state. And if you did play there we would get direct flights, so it wouldn't change anything for us, just like travelling to Tassie doesn't change anything for you. Yes we have to prostitute ourselves out but we still get 13 games in Melbourne and $4 mil sponsorship for playing games no one really wants to see, and pay bugger all for a great seat at the G and Etihad compared with the extortion at your 'we can easily upgrade to 70k' stadium.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Curious. For some reason I was convinced otherwise.

Why were you talking about Geraldton?
It's a myth that WA people seem to cling to.
Freo had some nightmare journey to Tassie back in something like 2001 that took 2 days so the AFL fixed it so you get direct flights. There was a thread where I even linked to a historical flight website which proved it.

As for Geraldton, you were responding to a post which talked about playing in Geraldton.

It's a myth that WA people seem to cling to.
Freo had some nightmare journey to Tassie back in something like 2001 that took 2 days so the AFL fixed it so you get direct flights. There was a thread where I even linked to a historical flight website which proved it.

As for Geraldton, you were responding to a post which talked about playing in Geraldton.
WC fans really embarassing themselves now.

Moronic lol.
It's more than just the flying time. It's the disruption to your normal routine. Packing bags, saying goodbye to family and dog, getting to airport, checking in, waiting for flight, collecting bags at other end, getting to accomodation, settling in, different bed, different food, diffetent water, and same on way home. It's basically a day of your life gone. Doesn't really matter if it's 1 and a bit hours or 3 and a half relaxing on the plane, it's a burden.
You're playing at a home ground in Launceston though. We travel more than you, with 9 games in Sydney, three in Canberra and 10 in other states, every year. I wouldn't be silly enough to claim Canberra is a disadvantage when we've won our last 7 games there.

The players do have to travel, but it's a well worn path to a Hotel they're used to, and training facilities they control as the home team.

'we can easily upgrade to 70k' stadium.
you know this is a phallacy? only when it is in rectangular mode (soccer / rugby) can capacity be increased. to 65k maybe.

Dont think gero airport will take a big jet bud.
gero can handle a plane carrying a football team...easy peasy. ireelevant any way as dero gero won't be host a home and away fixture anytime soon. best thing about the place is the 110 sign on the way out.

Genuine question, is it statistically proven that a there is a home state advantage in a grand final? It is after all very different to a home and away match or even the finals leading up to it (more even supporter spread, lots of disruptions for both teams in the lead up, etc ).
Have seen this assessment some time ago, before the run of lower placed Vic teams beating higher placed nonVic teams in GF's.
Fairly wide confidence interval at the time, probably a little tighter now.
But it doesnt really matter does it? Glad that my team got to play another non Vic team for a premiership.

you know this is a phallacy? only when it is in rectangular mode (soccer / rugby) can capacity be increased. to 65k maybe.

gero can handle a plane carrying a football team...easy peasy. ireelevant any way as dero gero won't be host a home and away fixture anytime soon. best thing about the place is the 110 sign on the way out.
There is zero chance indeed - this conversation purely came about as its a one hour flight from perth so it was a comparison about flight times nowt else.

And up your bum about gero - better than maylands what a shithole

I have a 2600 sq m property with organic veges mangos peaches apricots hot climate apples oranges lemons and lime trees 4 minutes drive from a beach that looks like it came straight off a holiday pamphlet that i can dive and hand pick crayfish from.

On the weekend i caught a dhufish and a baldchin groper 3km off shore in a kayak - i have a freezer full of fish and crays

You can keep your city bullshit im so glad to be out of it.

You sound exactly like me speaking to my wife when she suggested moving to gero

“Geros a hole”

Wife : “have you ever been there”

“Nup but everyone knows its a hole”

*visits - falls in love

Remove this Banner Ad

Back