No non-Vic team has defeated a Vic team in the Grand Final without list or salary cap concessions

Remove this Banner Ad

Home ground advantage offset by an equal away ground disadvantage.

You dont have one without the other

Added to this is the travel burden

You have blathered on about this ao many times

Ive shown you comparisons where vic teams who finished 8th compared to wa teams who have finished 8th have near identical home ground win percentages

Ive shown you comparisons where vic teams who finish 1st compared to wa teams who finish 1st have near identical home ground win percentages

Yet you persist with this waffle.

The teams that have the largest home ground winning percentages are victorian teams - and mcg tenants.

And they play more home games than interstaters - we only play a shade over 50% of our games at home - they play closer to 75%

But hey - dont let facts and evidence get in the way of repeating the same bullshit over and over

Its a pathetically desperate attempt to try to insinuate that teams that fly around 50000km per year somehow magically have it easier than teams that fly less than a quarter of that.

Furthermore we are ALWAYS doomed to play an away grand final sometimes against teams that have historically won over 75% of their games at that - their home ground.

You are absolutely grasping at straws.

and yet over the past 18 seasons, 5/6 non-Vic sides have won noticeably more home and away games than they've lost....So clearly the advantage/disadvantage you mention isn't so even...

Not factual at all. The Swans asked for an explanation for some of the decisions.

Umpiring found to be 'sub-standard' after AFL Grand Final review
  • Jack McAnespie[/paste:font]
    Published on Oct. 6, 2016

While there’s no doubt the Western Bulldogs are deserved winners of the 2016 AFL Premiership, plenty of Swans fans left last Saturday’s decider scratching their heads over a number of contentious umpiring decisions
    Now, an AFL review has found the umpiring display at the 2016 AFL Grand Final to be sub-standard, given the quality of the three men in green on the day.
    Through their review, the League has found "three or four" contentious decisions, that went the way of the Bulldogs, to be incorrect.

The incidents that came under the most scrutiny were those involving players sliding into opposition player’s legs throughout the match.

Most notably, an incident early in the final quarter which left Sydney ace Dan Hannebery with a strained medial ligament in his knee thanks to a dangerous movement by Bulldogs skipper Easton Wood.

Another incident that came under the spotlight was the decision to award Toby McLean a high contact free kick after he slid into Sydney skipper, Kieran Jack’s legs.

Holding the ball interpretations also came under the microscope, after Dane Rampe was pinged despite clearing managing a hand pass in the third term. The call directly resulted in a Bulldogs goal.

The final free kick count was lopsided to say the least, with the Dogs' tally of 20 more than doubling the eight free kicks awarded to the Swans on the day.

While the AFL agreed that the overall umpiring performance on the day did not have a direct impact on the result of the game, it did acknowledge the performance was not up to standard.

The Swans agreed with this, and will not lodge a formal complaint to the AFL.

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/afl/...grand-final-review/1jdrkbgxlrisd16nhs32iba9yh
So the team weren't "livid" as one has put it, and even then it is only speculation that the result would've been different if the decisions were different. Really if anyone claims that the umpiring was the difference in this or last years GF then that's really drawing a long bow

I've gotta laugh really, without going into micro arguments that some seem to see as some sort answer as to the why the lack of success of the franchise teams it really is simple.

• Interstate teams are at a disadvantage overall, to argue different is folly. How much so is the question, even then we've seen teams of quality that this disadvantage is irrelevant and they've won the cup
  • Interstate teams do have a H&A advantage on their home deck compared to Vic teams as Vic v Vic teams are mostly neutrally grounded and franchise teams do have a home ground advantage vs visiting teams i:e WC vs Vic team
  • You could argue this evens things out, and teams that are good enough to get to the g on the last day in September are good enough to win it
  • I disagree though as I see an advantage to Vic teams overall
Whichever way you dissect it and however much HQ spruiks it is an even national comp it isn't, it is an extended VFL with created franchises and then relabeled the AFL .

So to all the sooks out there stfu and accept it for what it is or go follow something else.

End thread.

So did the AFL end up offering any kind of apology to the Crows after this year's Grand Final?! No, of course not!! The umpiring was quite good, in fact. I watched it, as more or less a neutral supporter, and spotted a few frees that were missed/wrong, but knew at the end of the game the umps had not had any significant influence on the result. The Tigers won because they were simply too good on the day.

You really are providing good entertainment here with this nonsense, but should realise by now (given that there are no Adelaide supporters still posting in this thread anything to support your bizarre claims) that you are looking totally silly. Maybe do yourself a favour and just stop embarrassing yourself!

Just for fun, I will watch the GF again in an hour or so. I'll get back to you if I do spot anything (not noticed previously) that I don't like the look of!

The Margin meant they got away with it and the Crows rarely kick up even when we got more of a penalty than Essendon did for the Tippett fiasco then they did for the drugs fiasco.

So did the AFL end up offering any kind of apology to the Crows after this year's Grand Final?! No, of course not!! The umpiring was quite good, in fact. I watched it, as more or less a neutral supporter, and spotted a few frees that were missed/wrong, but knew at the end of the game the umps had not had any significant influence on the result. The Tigers won because they were simply too good on the day.

You really are providing good entertainment here with this nonsense, but should realise by now (given that there are no Adelaide supporters still posting in this thread anything to support your bizarre claims) that you are looking totally silly. Maybe do yourself a favour and just stop embarrassing yourself!

Just for fun, I will watch the GF again in an hour or so. I'll get back to you if I do spot anything (not noticed previously) that I don't like the look of!

If you want a really good laugh you should watch this:

I've gotta laugh really, without going into micro arguments that some seem to see as some sort answer as to the why the lack of success of the franchise teams it really is simple.

• Interstate teams are at a disadvantage overall, to argue different is folly. How much so is the question, even then we've seen teams of quality that this disadvantage is irrelevant and they've won the cup
  • Interstate teams do have a H&A advantage on their home deck compared to Vic teams as Vic v Vic teams are mostly neutrally grounded and franchise teams do have a home ground advantage vs visiting teams i:e WC vs Vic team
  • You could argue this evens things out, and teams that are good enough to get to the g on the last day in September are good enough to win it
Whichever way you dissect it and however much HQ spruiks it is an even national comp it isn't, it is an extended VFL with created franchises and then relabeled the AFL .

So to all the sooks out there stfu and accept it for what it is or go follow something else.

End thread.

Collingwood that team that rarely travels and don’t even have to wear an away strip because well they’re Collingwood. Yeah got it.

Collingwood that team that rarely travels and don’t even have to wear an away strip because well they’re Collingwood. Yeah got it.
For starters I suggest you get some fishing lessons. As for Collingwood they travel as much as any Vic side give or take 1 or 2 games a year, even then there's a reason why the we don't have an away strip because you're right it's Collingwood. There's also a reason why the comp is not equitable and not truly national, it's right there in front of you so stfu and accept it is what it is or stfu and go follow something else. Stop throwing the toys out of the cot mate!

End thread.

Whoa, go back to your 1990 flag bushy, the rules have changed, so why stfu .....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is the same age old story of sour grapes. In recent memory we’ve had freekickhawthorn , freekickbulldogs, sydneycola and now freekickrichmond. Its tragic really. And that video I can only see two genuine absolute mistakes. I’m sure there would have been comparable against the Tigers. I’m not a tigers supporter and I couldn’t stand their bleating about playing in Geelong last year but they won fair and square in 2017.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is the same age old story of sour grapes. In recent memory we’ve had freekickhawthorn , freekickbulldogs, sydneycola and now freekickrichmond. Its tragic really. And that video I can only see two genuine absolute mistakes. I’m sure there would have been comparable against the Tigers. I’m not a tigers supporter and I couldn’t stand their bleating about playing in Geelong last year but they won fair and square in 2017.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's no #freekickrichmond except in Lil Roo's hopelessly parochial mind. The other 3 you mentioned had some truth to them and gained widespread traction. As I've stated a few times in this thread, even the vast majority of Crows supporters do not believe the umps were the cause of their capitulation.

Funny, no mention of the umpires here! Time to get over the obsession pal. You've posted the same video 20 times and still nobody cares.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Because if he moved past blaming the umpires he'd have to accept that the Adelaide players couldn't handle the pressure of the big day and their leaders went missing.

It's the 'dog ate my homework' level of responsibility, and I can only hope those within the club has a similar attitude because unless they face up to it and make some changes, it's downhill from here.

Mind you considering the condition the Adelaide players were in when they came back from their break, 2018 isn't looking promising thus far.

I beg to differ, Riewoldt had his arms chopped in the 3rd qtr and the umpire just waved play on.

Holding the ball decisions on Greenwood, Sloane and Douglas all let go. Would have won by 11 goals if the umps pulled their fingers out.

There's no #freekickrichmond except in Lil Roo's hopelessly parochial mind. The other 3 you mentioned had some truth to them and gained widespread traction. As I've stated a few times in this thread, even the vast majority of Crows supporters do not believe the umps were the cause of their capitulation.
The other 3? I have and will a kways maintain using umpires to blame for a loss is just loser mentality. Cant blame the players so it must be something else or someone else. Its coping mechanism.

Freekick hawthorn was crap have a look at the stats. People got irate about it because they were sick of seeing hawthorn once again a coping mechanism.

Your Robinson Crusoe on umpire conspiracy whinge... Even 5AA commentary said Richmond brought the most pressure they have seen to the game. And you continue.

Either you are Ten cents short of a dollar, or your taking the piss. Which is it?

How on earth did the Hawks go back to back in the late 80s?

We hardly ever used to get games at the G (except for all those GFs of course). In 88 we played a G tenant who played there 13 times leading up to the GF and in 89 we played a pseudo G tenant who played there 7 times compared to our measly one match.
Surely you are taking the piss? The hawks team in the 1988 Grand final had guys that had won flags from the 1976, 1978, 1983 and 1986 teams, they were a finals hardened side. Hawks opponents were Melbourne. Demons Made the grand final that year and played 3 finals in 1987. Didn't play in a grand final since 1964. They also had a Finals drought from 1965-86.

Surely you are taking the piss? The hawks team in the 1988 Grand final had guys that had won flags from the 1976, 1978, 1983 and 1986 teams, they were a finals hardened side. Hawks opponents were Melbourne. Demons Made the grand final that year and played 3 finals in 1987. Didn't play in a grand final since 1964. They also had a Finals drought from 1965-86.
blue harvest just got dunked on

The dee's home ground was the MCG. They got similar amounts of games on it as they do now. Their finals/grand final experience was not much worse than ours. Hawks got it done. How come the crows didn't?

Or non Victorian umpires
To be brutally Honest, I don't think the Umpiring in the 2017 GF wasn't that bad. Sure, Richmond got a couple of fortunate frees and betts was held on to 10 metres out in front of goal. Even then Half way in to the 3rd quarter, the scoreline was 9.5.59 to Richmond to 4.9.33 to the crows. Richmond made most of their scoring shots while the crows did not. Could of easily of been the other way had the crows been accurate at the goals and Richmond wasn't.

But that was nothing compared the to Bulldogs vs Crows game in 2016 at docklands. That was when Troy Pannell gave away 18 free kicks in the 1st 3 quarters in that game: 17 to the dogs, 1 to the crows. Some umpires are good at trying to make it too obvious that the free kick count wasn't lop sided. But that crows vs Dogs game in 2016, Troy panel mad it obvious he had money on the Dogs that day.
The dee's home ground was the MCG. They got similar amounts of games on it as they do now. Their finals/grand final experience was not much worse than ours. Hawks got it done. How come the crows didn't?
Um.... Demons have not played finals in the last 10 years. Not since 2006.

Your team has played finals in the last 10 years. just got beaten in elimination finals. And here is another thing, They had Mark Neeld as a coach in 2012-3. Neeld put the demons back 5 years with his "development".

As for the Crows, I wasn't convinced they were as Dangerous as people thought on here. Chatting to a Few regular people at My local Pub at the Exeter in SA. When the crows were 5-0 or 6-0, they were premiership favourites. It was too obvious that they were going to get over confident and get a shock loss. Then the crows got belted by North at Tassie then Demons at Adelaide oval, Despite beating GWS, Port, and Richmond at Adelaide oval.

Tigers beat the crows the exact same way North and demons Beat them: Strangle the crows midfield and you starve their forward line and hey can score. Plus kicking a few goals in a row with out the crows replying helps too.

The 2nd and 3rd quarter in the 2017 GF is a good example of this and the 1st quarter of the North vs Crows game at Tassie too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back