Edited: No player currently 30 or younger has won a major

Who will be the next 20-something to win a major title?

• Dominic Thiem

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Daniil Medvedev

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Alexander Zverev

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stefanos Tsitsipas

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

It's a shame that Cilic is a couple days younger than Del Potro, as the latter would now have been the youngest slam winner among active male players for at least 9.5 years by the 2019 French Open. I finished high school in 2006 and I'm still younger than any slam winner.

Good luck I say,
Pouille and Tsistipas had a good tournament, but Novak and Nadal are still dominating the game. I am hoping one day (soon) someone else can win a Grand Slam, men's tennis is repetitive and predictable.

Women's tennis is more exciting now.
Good luck I say, both are in no mood of handing the baton over anytime soon, someone will have to beat them or a few guys start beating them occasionally before the line of thinking will change and to break down Nadal mentally is like climbing MT Everest. The most driven sportsman we have ever seen.

Good luck I say,

Good luck I say, both are in no mood of handing the baton over anytime soon, someone will have to beat them or a few guys start beating them occasionally before the line of thinking will change and to break down Nadal mentally is like climbing MT Everest. The most driven sportsman we have ever seen.
trying to beat both in one tournament at grand Slam level is impossible

Tsitsipas a great example of a younger player falling victim to the big 3.

Knocks off Federer, unable to knock off Nadal. And even if he managed to do that - would have faced Djokovic in the final.

It happens time and time again.

Their collective greatness is too much, and it perfectly illustrates Fed’s comments from a few months ago.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pouille and Tsistipas had a good tournament, but Novak and Nadal are still dominating the game. I am hoping one day (soon) someone else can win a Grand Slam, men's tennis is repetitive and predictable.

Women's tennis is more exciting now.

It won't be when Osaka is winning every title lol

Random stat: excluding the "Big Five" of Federer, Nadal, Djokovic, Murray and Wawrinka, since 2005, the only major winners are Marin Cilic (US 2014) and Juan Martin del Potro (US 2009).

It's a pretty tall ask for anyone when three of the best players going around (Federer, Djokovic, Nadal) are arguably the best three tennis players to ever pick up a racquet. They were freakishly good before they were 20 and thanks to modern sports science, they can keep going in their 30s!

Dunno if it's the right thread for it or not, but because of today's Grand Slam win at the US Open by Rafael Nadal, no player born in the 1990's on the ATP Tour was won a grand slam in the 2010's.. and out of the past 66 Grand Slams, 55 of them were won by either Rafael Nadal, Roger Federer or Novak Djokovic. Absolute, pure domination.

Back