Cancelled
Crime Board Sleuth BeanCoiNFT Investor
Oct 15, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond

But will interpretations change? Probably.

The 50m was always for time wasting or excessive violence. Good to see a return to that

but isn’t requiring a player to ‘stand’ unintentional time wasting? Similarly ruck nomination?

The 50m was always for time wasting or excessive violence. Good to see a return to that

but isn’t requiring a player to ‘stand’ unintentional time wasting? Similarly ruck nomination?
I got the impression from Scott yesterday that the time wasting measures he is setting guidelines for is the first move in a longer plan to move towards something like you are mentioning. Particularly the ruck stoppages in general. Instead of wholesale changes like we saw with Hocking I think Scott is more of the slower, more measured change instead.

I'm not a fan of the ruck nomination, 6/6/6, 'stand', interchange limitations but I quite like that Scott chose to not make dramatic changes. In saying that, Hocking did the same thing in 2018 when he first got the job. It took until the 2019 season before Hocking went berserk the first time so hopefully Scott doesn't follow that path.

Scott will bring in shorter quarters in 2023 to assist poor old Geelong. The old boys just can’t keep up. So we slow the game down (stand rule). Now the quarters are too long for Geelong’s ageing list.
The game now resembles rugby with rolling packs and throwing the ball. Tackling has become irrelevant.
Umpires job has become impossible to do consistently with these woeful rule changes of late.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Scott will bring in shorter quarters in 2023 to assist poor old Geelong. The old boys just can’t keep up. So we slow the game down (stand rule). Now the quarters are too long for Geelong’s ageing list.
The game now resembles rugby with rolling packs and throwing the ball. Tackling has become irrelevant.
Umpires job has become impossible to do consistently with these woeful rule changes of late.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

penalise the ‘forward pass’?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back