Roast No Saints in Robbo's Top 50 - Who is our best player?

Remove this Banner Ad

If we offered Billings up in a straight trade, there is maybe 15 players we couldn't get in that top 50.
I think he will be Top 25 in the 2019 version.

Exactly, which was my point. Who cares which players Robbo chose, based on their 2017 performance.
We KNOW how they all went in 2017.
Robbo is getting paid for his opinion, so is his opinion that all the best players from 2017 will be the same in 2018?

Exactly, which was my point. Who cares which players Robbo chose, based on their 2017 performance.
We KNOW how they all went in 2017.
Robbo is getting paid for his opinion, so is his opinion that all the best players from 2017 will be the same in 2018?

No he didn't do that at all. Have a look at his end list compared to this list.

Interesting. I think most outsiders prefer Ross because Steven is perceived as a Matt Priddis type player. Honest as the day is long without having that ceiling to do the flashy stuff.

They are the opposite, Seb is your even tempered, even effort, Mr Consistency type probably doesn't hurt enough because he's a bit risk averse. Steven is quick off one step, can snap freak goal and do some special stuff. His disposal lets him down at times due to his high foot speed but he's exciting to watch the he's in full flight.

If Slobbo is picking his top 50 from performance in 2017 .
Why is Cripps, Ablett , Lynch selected ?
All three had disrupted seasons .

If Slobbo is picking his top 50 from performance in 2017 .
Why is Cripps, Ablett , Lynch selected ?
All three had disrupted seasons .
The games they did play were great. Perhaps he's awarding quality games rather than consistency. Maybe he doesn't really have a thought process - are we giving him too much credit?

The games they did play were great. Perhaps he's awarding quality games rather than consistency. Maybe he doesn't really have a thought process - are we giving him too much credit?

If he works on stats
Beams 514 disposals
Ablett 462 "
Cripps 374 "
Tom Lynch 44 goals
All i consider below average seasons for their standards .
It appears reputation has more to play in his selections .

If he works on stats
Beams 514 disposals
Ablett 462 "
Cripps 374 "
Tom Lynch 44 goals
All i consider below average seasons for their standards .
It appears reputation has more to play in his selections .
I think if he were to use stats, he probably goes on per game averages. If you're looking just at games played, Ablett is still easily up there, I'd say top 4.

However, the fact that we still won half our games without that any 'top 50' players shows the depth we have now across the side. If a few of our players make the list at the end of
Great call there lewdogs.......that's an important stat going forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great call there lewdogs.......that's an important stat going forward.
agree. Huge upside. There is no upside to say #1 Dangerfield and the downside might be an injury such as a bad hammy.

I also took issue with the article a few days ago (before the season started) where each team got a write up and Adam Cooney spoke about what the best value bet for each team would be.

Ours was pretty insulting - along the lines of putting money on a Victorian team to win the GF this year, where as every single other team had a hot tip that was specific to their team.

Billings is top 50. Ross was probably top 50 after last year. Some spuds made the list, Robbo isn't a fan perhaps.

Wouldn't read too much into this...everyone knows Jack Steven fully fit is a top 25 player in the league, that isn't even a question.

Robbo, Carlisle and Ross would also figure in this conversation, those 3 are probably more stiff to miss out than Steven purely based on the fact they didn't have an injury plagued year last season!

Stuv showed on the weekend his worth and fully fit like two seasons ago he is a star.

Wouldn't read too much into this...everyone knows Jack Steven fully fit is a top 25 player in the league, that isn't even a question.

Robbo, Carlisle and Ross would also figure in this conversation, those 3 are probably more stiff to miss out than Steven purely based on the fact they didn't have an injury plagued year last season!

Stuv showed on the weekend his worth and fully fit like two seasons ago he is a star.

I reckon Stuv is the only superstar type we have. Ross is still a bit lacking in hurt factor, he's a very very good player still but needs to take another step up to be elite.

His cousin took a long time to become a brownlow quality player and he's ahead on most stats at the same age.

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy...id2=6&type=A&pid1=3663&pid2=510&fid1=O&fid2=O

Carlisle was good not great, Roberton had a very good year too but the line breaking rebound backs usually get the plaudits and he's sort of half half incept/runner.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back