No Senior Assistant Coach

Remove this Banner Ad

Left field but as we have no-one else, could Roo be considered as the senior assistant. Say what you like, but he does know football, and as long as he can keep his ego in check, he could be a good sounding board for Nicks.
Plus it would get him off the Board where he's proved he's out of his depth.

As usual you don't get the point...
Typical rubbish comment by you..

You're focusing on how much spin is driven by the club.
I'm talking in regards to whether the official title of "Senior Assistant Coach" is actually necessary or not. For the time being, and as far as I know, there are no conclusive answers either way.

Hard to tell if Nicks is a dud given that he hasn't coached before
Better than having Burton
Other teams don't either. Also better than having Campo
So what. They were cooked or surplus
He says he does
We have some of the best facilities in the AFL
Good experience for them

I'm making the call nicks is no good, I have form with those sort of calls. Don't believe me? Check out my user name. I'm currently thinking of a new one. Maybe, 2 year nick. This one might only get one

Hoarthorns dominance and resurgence is a result of thier coaching structure. We don't have any structure, not even a foundation. Godden and mattner into thier second year, but club so reliant on them. So many posters say Ben Hart is s**t.

The writing is no longer on the wall. The graffatti team from uniting care Westley on port road Alberton, have already wiped it off. Preparing for the eulogy

You should go down to what was football Park and watch them run laps around a construction site. We should go support the boys and play rocky music for them, we can let out a few cHickens for tackling practice

Seriously were in bad shape and it ain't getting fixed anytime soon.

Nicks didn't rule out having a senior assistant in the future. He pretty much said, he didn't want to get one for the sake of having one. Nicks wants the right person and if we have to wait 12 months to get the right person, so be it.Thats my take on it.

Sounds like they know who they want, but contracted for next year.

So, I'm guessing, they probably played during nicks time at Sydney. So, who fits that bill?

I wonder if Nicks is waiting for Hinkley to be sacked at the end of the year so he can be our senior assistant next year

That's why it's important to get a footy manager who is good in the media and talks with no spin. Roo and Chapman, have lost supporters trust. We can't rely on them to set the narrative. Whenever they speak, we don't know what is truth and what is spin. So we doubt everything they say. Not good for us supporters and not good for the club. If we want a fresh start, they really need to leave.

That's up to the AFL, are you going to hold them accountable

Typical rubbish comment by you..

You're focusing on how much spin is driven by the club.
I'm talking in regards to whether the official title of "Senior Assistant Coach" is actually necessary or not. For the time being, and as far as I know, there are no conclusive answers either way.
Lol, typical spin from you ;)

A family has a choice.to make.

Choice A live in Adelaide having never lived here before and send your kids to a.school this that is an u known quantity. Mum has to find another job and friends. Family are not within driving range.

Choice B. Take a.job at one of the ten Melbourne based clubs. Send your kids to a Melbourne private school you have confidence in. Mum keeps her career and friendship circle. Family are close by.

I personally love Adelaide. You are correct it has a great a great climate and city layout.

But can see why those who have never lived here before would not take.the risk of living in "West Horsham" when they have options in their hometown. Those options have increased in the last five years as coaching boxes in the AFL have increased.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

that choice applies to every club that’s not located in Victoria though. One of our major issues is that we’re a truely mediocre performer and we’ve had Campo employed as the great blocker. Nobody with higher aspirations would want to come or be able to stay long if they did. Port have gone ok with assistants but even though they make mistakes they do at least look like they’re striving for more. I don’t think that’s an image the Chappo led AFC projects.

that choice applies to every club that’s not located in Victoria though. One of our major issues is that we’re a truely mediocre performer and we’ve had Campo employed as the great blocker. Nobody with higher aspirations would want to come or be able to stay long if they did. Port have gone ok with assistants but even though they make mistakes they do at least look like they’re striving for more. I don’t think that’s an image the Chappo led AFC projects.
That compounds the issue. I agree our club is poorly ran.

But 3 out of the 4 WCE main assistants lived in WA before being an Assistant at WCE.

VB
Matt Rosa
Adrian Hickmont

And Daniel Pratt is a Queenslander.

Freo very similar. Two out of four

Micheal Prior
Simon Eastaugh.

Hale and Anthony Rock the other two.

Hale and Rock did not seem in demand in the "Vic Club" AFL system having non AFL.level.jobs before their Freo gigs.

Why don't you live in Adelaide? Yes you have property here and spend some.time here. But what is it about Adelaide that makes you not want to live here permanently?

Enticing people to live in our State is an issue. Not just in the AFL industry.

However in regards to Footy the best quality Assistants all work in Victoria. Like it or not it is a real issue. Our club is less appealing among the non Vic clubs due to our own ineptness.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like what he says about creating good relationships but also having them professional so if/when those tough discussions are required, he hopefully won't need to shy away from them. In a sense I think that's the most important thing for a head coach, being able to create a unity and have everyone on the same page with the same goal. Tactics are nice to have but I feel like that's where the assistants should be coming in for their lines whilst Nicks ensures everyone is working together for the same thing.

Hopefully we'll hear/see some of his touches on the club soon enough.

I like what he says about creating good relationships but also having them professional so if/when those tough discussions are required, he hopefully won't need to shy away from them. In a sense I think that's the most important thing for a head coach, being able to create a unity and have everyone on the same page with the same goal. Tactics are nice to have but I feel like that's where the assistants should be coming in for their lines whilst Nicks ensures everyone is working together for the same thing.

Hopefully we'll hear/see some of his touches on the club soon enough.
This is the mistake that hit Sando. He wanted to be friends with the players, but because of it the mutual level of respect wasn't there, so when he had to play bad cop, he couldn't instantly go back to good cop again like he wanted.

Nicks sounds very similar to what Walsh had said when he started, and i'm sure having learnt from a coach like Paul Roos would be a huge benefit in that area too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back