No time like the Present. Which player/s actions will lift and lead the Tiges through this period.

Remove this Banner Ad

I actually think it is the likes of Shai Bolton, Sydney Stack, Patrick Naish, Noah Balta, Jack Ross and Callum Moore that can galvanise our side. The potential impact that energetic youth can have on our side is great. It is what I believe was a big factor in giving our more experienced players the drive to win the 2017 Premiership.

I reckon Lynch has the potential. However he’s been at Richmond for 6 months. Some people might be thinking he isn’t ingrained enough, despite the fact that I wouldn’t be surprised if his leadership qualities were part of why we went so hard for him along with his obvious talent.

I think it will be Lynch as Acting Captain. It's a perfect storm for him to be rewarded and gain some extra respect (if he hasn't enough already - imagine how even more shizzen we would have been without him) Won't displace others, but simply fill a temporary void.

Last edited:

Use this chance to develop the kids. This leadership group won't be around forever.

Balta has the potential to dominate down back athletically, work him overtime with Rance, Astbury, Tigger and Grimes. Bring him along the fast track.

Garthwaite doesn't have the athleticism. Balta back could mean CCJ gets a taste up forward and i wouldn't be against it. He's been building nicely at VFL level.

Find a way to get Bolton a chance.

Ross is primed to play.

I think it's time for the 3 GC boys to take up the leadership void. All have experience and could work off eachother well.
And all very familiar with our current circumstances. 😉

Balta should go full time defender and have rance train him up

We need his athletic speed down back, every tall else bar grimes is too slow

Whilst I hope it doesn't happen, Rance's interest in doing the good religious cause might make him reflect over his rehab whether now (end of the season) is the right time for that or not. Would not come as a shock is all I'm saying

I would certainly be getting Rance to mentor him big time.

Last edited:
well astbury has turned to water since rance went down
the forward line is already tom’s but he has a short hand dealt to him
caddy’s return will galvanise some
grimes needs to find his voice as does shedda
young leaders like CJ and ross need to come in, then hopefully the chaff starts to wake up from their stupor
Chaff ?? Is pump your chest out Mark Chaffy making a come back ??
Can we gen back daffy and laffy as well ??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Noooo it was a clanger! Anything that costs the side a goal is a clanger in my book of coaching!
It's simple you feck up and cost the team a goal it's a clanger...no need to be specific!...KISS....:heartbeat:
Anyway he had a chance with half the backline out to show some leadership and didn't. Extremely disappointing as I thought he would be one to lead the way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back