No VFL next week for returning players

Remove this Banner Ad

Collingwood VFL have a bye in round 15...:mad:
So no return for Elliott & Aish, plus no 2nd VFL game for Moore.
What a disaster.
This pushes their possible return to AFL back another week.
How to plan & operate a Professional AFL team with this VFL circus...
I’m writing to my Congressman!

Magpie Monopoly

A Good Bloke
Jul 11, 2014
Syria
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Oklahoma City Thunder
Should play a game against the AFLW team.

Players who need a run get a run in match simulation without any real risk of injury, and the women's team gets to experience what its like to play against the blokes.

Its literally just flushing a week down the drain by not using the bye for anything at all.

MagpieBat

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts Ruby
Jan 22, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood VFL, #TeamBatman
That's the way the cookie crumbles in an odd-numbered competition sometimes, I'm afraid.

I mean, it would be much better for the second half of this VFL season to be 6 games then the last the bye, rather than 3 and then the last bye, but what can you do?

Walsh has indicated that that weekend will see the this week's returners, along with a few more currently listed as 1-2 weeks away, taking part in a intra-club/match simulation/whatever that bye weekend. And I can't help but feel that they prefer to stagger the returns to the VFL team anyway...

Regardless, we've won in this stretch without the likes of Aish/Moore/Fasolo/Elliott/Smith/Blair, so we're just going to have to do without them for a while longer. And even when they're all playing again, there's a legitimate question as to whether any or all of them are even best 22 anymore...

Should play a game against the AFLW team.

Players who need a run get a run in match simulation without any real risk of injury, and the women's team gets to experience what its like to play against the blokes.

Its literally just flushing a week down the drain by not using the bye for anything at all.

Thankfully with the Reserve Returning we don't get Crap like this Again

They were looking to run an intraclub Thursday night I believe so we can have some kind of match fitness for those looking to return.

partypie

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 26, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls, Green Bay Packers
Regardless, we've won in this stretch without the likes of Aish/Moore/Fasolo/Elliott/Smith/Blair, so we're just going to have to do without them for a while longer. And even when they're all playing again, there's a legitimate question as to whether any or all of them are even best 22 anymore...

Holy sheeiiiittt we're at 10-4 after 15 rounds without Smith AND BLAIR!!?!?

Can't wait to see what happens when we bring them back into the AFL team... :mad::eek::'(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Collingwood VFL have a bye in round 15...:mad:
So no return for Elliott & Aish, plus no 2nd VFL game for Moore.
What a disaster.
This pushes their possible return to AFL back another week.
How to plan & operate a Professional AFL team with this VFL circus...
I’m writing to my Congressman!
They’re doing an intraclub game on the bye week.

El cane

All Australian
Mar 28, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Its time to leave the VFL and have a national reserves comp.
This would surely be better than what we have now. However we could still get some complications as a result of Anzac Day.

For instance if the reserves team played the same day as the seniors, there would be no fresher legs to bring in against the next team if they have had a longer break, as has been the norm the last few years. Either we deliberately rest players from the Anzac Day reserves match or we run the full team fatigued.

Another option would be to dump the QB game and play tigers and demons either side of Anzac Day, I think that would be fairer anyway on all 4 teams.

Otherwise the reserves still play on the weekend out of sync with the seniors.

Spatfers

All Australian
Mar 16, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
BMFC
Its time to leave the VFL and have a national reserves comp.

I think you'll find the interstate clubs (minus SA) would all be on board with that, West Coast don't want anything to do with Perth anymore and the Swans and Lions are sick of their NEAFL teams killing everyone

Horaceg

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2014
Sydney
AFL Club
Collingwood
That's the way the cookie crumbles in an odd-numbered competition sometimes, I'm afraid.

I mean, it would be much better for the second half of this VFL season to be 6 games then the last the bye, rather than 3 and then the last bye, but what can you do?

Walsh has indicated that that weekend will see the this week's returners, along with a few more currently listed as 1-2 weeks away, taking part in a intra-club/match simulation/whatever that bye weekend. And I can't help but feel that they prefer to stagger the returns to the VFL team anyway...

A fit and in form Elliott walks into any 22 in the Comp, can't wait to see him back out there.

Horaceg

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2014
Sydney
AFL Club
Collingwood
Aish and Moore are also best 22, while Fasolo would be close to it.

Blair and Smith are not even close to best 22. Utter duds, the both of them.
It may have passed Blair by but still and always a Premiership Player.

Smith has done his bit but I don't think ever much more than depth and/or a role player. He still has some time.

Nov 16, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
VFL fixturing made better....

images (8).jpeg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back