adsla69k

Club Legend
Aug 26, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
WHATS WRONG WITH ME!

I HAVE NO WHIPPING BOY IN 2019!

For the first time in 15 years I reckon I dont have at least one player that makes me cringe or want to smash a TV or throw a remote control at my neighbor when they touch the ball or go near the play. I dont know if this is a good sign or not for this season. Myers and Langford are on the cusp but haha. Maybe because they both play the role we are so deficient in.

Anyways is anyone else feeling the same. Maybe I'm just getting old?

We all have favourites and players that conversely frustrate us, but the very concept of a whipping boy is that you generally irrationally blame that player for bad occurrences far beyond what is really fair.

In that sense, not having one is a good thing and should be applauded.

Surely you’ve got an ineffective and effortless, leadership group wtf Daniher; a clueless Baguely; a tries hard but ain’t quite up to it Ambrose; a never quite achieved his potential Myers; a downhill skiing Zaka; a Zac the Freo reject how good can he even be? Clarke and a few others on a waiting list ready to go?

How about Michael, hits the opposition in the back of the head with one hand, front of the face with the other and still sooks to the umpire Hurley.

How about Michael, hits the opposition in the back of the head with one hand, front of the face with the other and still sooks to the umpire Hurley.

What about Fish, what can't I sleep at 1am after just a few hours sleep last night I'm going to be so s**t at work tomorrow, Ardansin?

If Parish doesn't show signs of fulfilling his potential, he is locked and loaded for this role. Zac Clarke would be but I don't think he will play enough games

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What about Fish, what can't I sleep at 1am after just a few hours sleep last night I'm going to be so s**t at work tomorrow, Ardansin?

Wrong side of 50 & I'm still a chronic insomniac at times, guess it's one of those 'for life' kind of deals - if you haven't already, try Chamomile tea in the evening, no guarantees but it can help.

Langford is the biggest front runner in this contest. He will be a slow burn development, then be a fairly average player. He also manages to simultaneously have a dopey and arrogant look on his face. All-around decent player, but won't win enough ball in the middle, too small for a KPF and to slow as a small forward and can't defend.

Langford is the biggest front runner in this contest. He will be a slow burn development, then be a fairly average player. He also manages to simultaneously have a dopey and arrogant look on his face. All-around decent player, but won't win enough ball in the middle, too small for a KPF and to slow as a small forward and can't defend.

He has impeccable stylishness with his hair though.

I reckon you might be wrong about Langers.

Langford has already shown he can rack up the possies, work through traffic, hit targets, and kick goals. If we’re basing his slow build on developing consistency then I really believe that it will come sooner rather than later. My only slight concern at this point is his intensity. The major worry there is not that it’s a slow build but rather a no build.

Langford has already shown he can rack up the possies, work through traffic, hit targets, and kick goals. If we’re basing his slow build on developing consistency then I really believe that it will come sooner rather than later. My only slight concern at this point is his intensity. The major worry there is not that it’s a slow build but rather a no build.

Agree totally. As much as he’s been giving me the shits with his lack of aggression the last two weeks...we all know from past performances he can be a league player.

It’s all in the head this game.

Last year he averaged 18 with a maximum of 26. He is consistently mediocre. I am not using mediocre as an insult.

We’ve all got a beef here and there.

That’s footy
I was quietly hoping this thread might be some sort of Movember/Dry July-esque challenge to posters to spend a whole year as reasonable adults and avoid blaming the team's weekly travails on one poor sap.

Instead I find people actively searching for a scapegoat ahead of time.

I was quietly hoping this thread might be some sort of Movember/Dry July-esque challenge to posters to spend a whole year as reasonable adults and avoid blaming the team's weekly travails on one poor sap.

Instead I find people actively searching for a scapegoat ahead of time.
Sadly it's not remotely surprising.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back