Recommitted Noah Balta [Signs 2 year deal]

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Just 20 years old Noah Balta has a magnificent future and really looking foward to him playing for a long time in the yellow and black
Mate Colina coming over would have alot to do with him wanting to sign ASAP and not giving other clubs much thought.

The Croat boys re tight at Tigerland

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
Other clubs would be interested no doubt but Richmond will keep him I imagine. A lot of other players could be let go before a player like this.
Seems to be happening trade period with us over the last few years. 1-2 decent players are slipping out for more money/opportunity.

The ones I am worried about this year are one of Ross, RCD, Dow. I don't think those 3 are all going to get 15+ games in 2021 but I reckon at another club they could. Of the 1-2 that miss out, 1 of them might do the Higgins and look for more games elsewhere.

Jan 19, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Seems to be happening trade period with us over the last few years. 1-2 decent players are slipping out for more money/opportunity.

The ones I am worried about this year are one of Ross, RCD, Dow. I don't think those 3 are all going to get 15+ games in 2021 but I reckon at another club they could. Of the 1-2 that miss out, 1 of them might do the Higgins and look for more games elsewhere.

That is natural with a successful club, other clubs come and try to pick your players. Richmond have a lot of similar type players though, and a system that works for that so losing players is not a major issue. The side is built around the taller defenders, tall forwards and Martin.

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Are tigers expecting to play all of grimes, Ashbury, broad and balta in defence?

I know some of them are mobile but that seems very top heavy
Good problem to have, that mean they can cover injury or drop players out of form to reserve .

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Are tigers expecting to play all of grimes, Ashbury, broad and balta in defence?

Grimes & Balta have Elite pace and agility
Grimes has played on players from Betts to Hawkins so his height is not an issue at 193cm
Broad is basically a medium defender that can play tall but usually plays on the running hff players

Astbury is the only player that can only play on the gorilla's and thats what he does

Grimes - Astbury - Baker
Short - Balta - Vlastuin - Broad

7 man defence

Flags_In_The_Bag

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Not a fan of overseas teams.....
Dunkley out balta in would be good for the doggies . Hope we are in he’s ear
I heard the Dogs were going to hand over the two early draft picks they wanted to recieve from Essendon for Dunkley to the Tigers for him. Or straight swap if Josh was good with it. Apparently the Bombers were the ones with the big $ contract plus his brother there too.

Grimes and Broad can play small, Grimes especially. Broad is a role player, good medium to tall defender with elite pace and mobility. So the two genuine talls are really Astbury (good at doing one thing very well) and Balta (amazing athleticism for someone his size). Given the tigers play a strong intercept marking defence, the combo of height and speed works well. Any more is too many. We've only got Garth left as backup.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Too bad we couldn't accommodate Alex Rance's request to come back

just cant find a spot for him unfortunately

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Rancey playing for any state or local league this year?
Just playing 2 games for a suburban team in perth as a guest player
looks like he is finished if not in the mid season draft

Would be fantastic to get him back for the 2nd half of the year

Back