News Noble confirmed as North HC

Remove this Banner Ad

first AFL coaching job for a long time you see no one wants
Is it a poison chalice. At the end I am expecting Archer to get this gig as well.
Seems too many fingers in pie.

Kangas would be crazy not too. Fingers crossed which is a selfish only thought I hope he doesn’t get it. Robbie Harvey I am hoping gets it. Been unlucky last 2 coaching gigs he has been for.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If he goes, don’t be sad that it’s over, be glad that it even happened.

Would be nice for Noble to stick around but the most crucial part of his work has been done. Our footy department was utterly dysfunctional and broken when he arrived. He rebuilt the whole thing from the foundations and whoever inherits the job will be well placed to take the baton and run. Who knows...some fresh ideas on top of Noble’s rock solid foundations might take us to a new level.

first AFL coaching job for a long time you see no one wants
Is it a poison chalice. At the end I am expecting Archer to get this gig as well.
Seems too many fingers in pie.

Players who refuse to follow coaches instructions and a previous coach who had a break down. Doesn't surprise me no one wants the job

Heard noble speak a few weeks back and he said he wasn’t interested in the role and that he was on the CEO pathway . I would love to know what has changed . Perhaps moving back to Melbourne where his son is based May be a motive . Will be very disappointed if we lose him as I was hoping he would take over from swan when he hanged up the boots.

Are there any other GM of footys ou there we could get or with Fagan having done roll at Hawthorn is is not essential we find an immediate replacement .

Would someone like Voss be a possibility for the role ?

Massive call for noble to make if he does make the move. Would he have as much influence on the club as head coach rather than the footy manager? Seems to have the ceo position here if he wants it. Massive massive call.

Not surprising given how good he is and him seeing how Fagan has adapted beautifully to the position of head coach. He may want to stay as we are now challenging but if does go would only have kind and gratifying words for him. Legend.

Sometimes the challenge is alluring.

My personal view is that Noble is at least as important if not more so than Fagan. But no one is irreplaceable and if he decides to take on a coaching role then we'll find someone else .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sometimes the challenge is alluring.

My personal view is that Noble is at least as important if not more so than Fagan. But no one is irreplaceable and if he decides to take on a coaching role then we'll find someone else .

I was thinking this as well...then I realized Fagan was the Noble to Clarkson in a very successful team, so think Fagan is probably more important.

Also as a few other posters have said, the hard work for the list build is 90% done - it's now over to develop, strategy and coaching and maybe finding an additional 10% elsewhere.

Noble has been pivotal to our re-emergence as a successful club. Players, in acknowledging Fages, almost invariably acknowledge "Nobes" as well. He is also a pivotal part of our game day coaching set-up and apparently, very insightful. I might be wrong but I am not aware of any other club where this happens. His loss, if it happens will be very significant and I for one will be really disappointed...but one door closes and another opens.

The whole "appoint a Fagan clone", so let us get David Noble, is a bit over rated, IMO. What does Robert Harvey have to do to get a gig? A lot of water to pass under the bridge.

The whole "appoint a Fagan clone", so let us get David Noble, is a bit over rated, IMO. What does Robert Harvey have to do to get a gig? A lot of water to pass under the bridge.

Purely going by what I've seen in media interviews Harvey just seems more like a career senior assistant to me. Wouldn't be excited as a North supporter to see him rolled out to coach a list like theirs

Purely going by what I've seen in media interviews Harvey just seems more like a career senior assistant to me. Wouldn't be excited as a North supporter to see him rolled out to coach a list like theirs

For some reason getting a gig as the head coach (as opposed to the career assistant) always reminds me of 'The Beginning is the end' from Keating...

It just seemed to me ,rightly or wrongly, that Noble has been the brains behind our resurgence.

Every time I've heard him interviewed he's measured and careful in what he says, but a complete straight shooter at the same time , no BS.

I really hope his career path is more rewarding and fulfilling for him at the Lions than as a coach somewhere else but I guess we'll find out soon enough.

His CV alone would be enough for North to go after him.

So what I think may be happening is : Fagan was an assistant coach not looking for a senior coach role, brisbane needed one and he was put forward by the AFL (if those rumors are true) and he was probably encouraged by clarkson and others in the Hawks hierarchy.

Given noble knocked the possibility on the head a few short weeks ago the AFL may be behind enquiries about Noble for Norths, figuring he has the people skills needed to rebuild a la us. fagan and co are paying the support Fagan received forward. It's a fair and balanced possibility and that seems to be Fagan's calling card.

I still don't want it to happen, but no longer convinced Noble isn't in very serious contention. Even though there has been no concrete evidence he has even applied.

So what I think may be happening is : Fagan was an assistant coach not looking for a senior coach role, brisbane needed one and he was put forward by the AFL (if those rumors are true) and he was probably encouraged by clarkson and others in the Hawks hierarchy.

Given noble knocked the possibility on the head a few short weeks ago the AFL may be behind enquiries about Noble for Norths, figuring he has the people skills needed to rebuild a la us. fagan and co are paying the support Fagan received forward. It's a fair and balanced possibility and that seems to be Fagan's calling card.

I still don't want it to happen, but no longer convinced Noble isn't in very serious contention. Even though there has been no concrete evidence he has even applied.
Fagan wasn’t an assistant coach at Hawthorn. He started as Head of Coaching and Development, before becoming General Manager of Football (Noble’s current role at Brisbane).

Noble hasn't come out and shut the North stuff down.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back