Society/Culture Nobody has anything new to say about God.

Snake_Baker

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Pfffft, as if!
Thread starter #1
It never ceases to amaze me as to how much activity these "god" threads get. I equate it with gay rights and racism threads. Redundant.

From time to time I look at the numbers of responses and peek inside assuming that there must be something interesting/revelatory going on.

But there never is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong_Sicko

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Geelong
It never ceases to amaze me as to how much activity these "god" threads get. I equate it with gay rights and racism threads. Redundant.

From time to time I look at the numbers of responses and peek inside assuming that there must be something interesting/revelatory going on.

But there never is.
So what's the solution?

Snake_Baker

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Pfffft, as if!
Thread starter #7

jason pm

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fortitude Valley Diehards. Chelsea.

But there never is.
LGBT people actually exist and are a natural part of our species though. Where as I have never seen any substantive proof for the existence of an omnipresent, all seeing, all knowing, judgmental, interventionist creator who provides a residence for our supposed soul on our physical death.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man Utd Green Bay Melb Storm
That prayer seems to be damning organized religion as an "inward occupation" that distracts or "absorbs" us. That's what I read into it anyway.
I'd of thought organized religion to be more of an external orientation that distracts us from the inner light of truth....Being inwardly absorbed means less of the self is invested in external distractions.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
That could be what it was saying alright. Interesting.
The less of the self that's invested in externality, the less prone to envy & comparison we become with external things, including others.

Rumi is all about the inner journey.

ep2018

Bigfooty Pessimist
AFL Club
West Coast
The SRP board these days is just one big anti-theist circlejerk. I remember back in the day we had more religious people posting their thoughts and opinions. A succession of atheist mods from 2009 or so onwards who were quick to hand out cards to those who went against the grain likely scared them off, or they too became atheist. Now this board is just a group of neck beards giving each other gobbies.

chelseacarlton

BLUE it's the Magic Number
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
The Anti-Theists
The SRP board these days is just one big anti-theist circlejerk. I remember back in the day we had more religious people posting their thoughts and opinions. A succession of atheist mods from 2009 or so onwards who were quick to hand out cards to those who went against the grain likely scared them off, or they too became atheist. Now this board is just a group of neck beards giving each other gobbies.
Enlight1.jpg

We all have secrets,some are just more apparent than others!

cannot

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Richmond
View attachment 372868
We all have secrets,some are just more apparent than others!

Freiherr Adolph Franz Friedrich Ludwig Knigge (16 October 1752 – 6 May 1796) was a German writer, Freemason, and a leading member of the Order of the Illuminati.

He accused Weishaupt (founder of the Order of the Illuminati) of "Jesuitism", and suspected him of being "a Jesuit in disguise" (Nachtr., I, 129).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adolph_Freiherr_Knigge

Catholic Encyclopedia entry on "Illuminati"

chelseacarlton

AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
The Anti-Theists
Here's your best versus ours.

chelseacarlton

AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
The Anti-Theists
I suppose it takes a fundy literal Creationist nutter to make Dawkins look intelligent....No arguments here.
Yes mate.
Dawkins is dumb and you are a world famous peerless Evolutionary Biologist etc
I look forward to buying a t-shirt at your next sold out public speaking event!
Oh wait,your a peerless nobody on an footy forum with questionable persuasions and stuck on your inner journey,whilst reality clearly passes you by!

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Yes mate.
Dawkins is dumb and you are a world famous peerless Evolutionary Biologist etc
I look forward to buying a t-shirt at your next sold out public speaking event!
Oh wait,your a peerless nobody on an footy forum with questionable persuasions and stuck on your inner journey,whilst reality clearly passes you by!
Correct....Dawkins is good at biology....And that's what he should stick to, instead of making a proper twat out of himself, in a field in which he has zero expertise.

Total Power

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Rafael Nadal
Correct....Dawkins is good at biology....And that's what he should stick to, instead of making a proper twat out of himself, in a field in which he has zero expertise.
So you agree with the theory of evolution then? oh no wait, you know more about biology too it seems. There's nothing stopping you from being an expert in everything, amirite bro? :drunk:

Top Bottom