Society/Culture Nobody has anything new to say about God.

Remove this Banner Ad

The birth memory is imprinted in our bodies.....Plenty of babies can see upon entry into the world.....It is our first experience of the outside world & so marks us psychically for the rest of our lives.
An experience that happens to a being that has no ability to carry it in long term memory is hardly going to have any psychological effect.

Then you post pictures of people with elaborate head wear. I don't know how to break this to you gently, so I will just tell you: they weren't born with those things attached.

I'm reading a book on Afterlife and NDEs. The contention is that it's not a rejection, it's just that you haven't fulfilled what you needed to accomplish on Earth - which was the whole point of your taking on a physical form in the first place. That's why people who have an NDE generally become more attuned to what their spirit actually wants them to do, which has been lost at some point during their lifetime.

When someone asks 'Why am I here?', it is their soul yearning to be reconnected with their spirit, or divine purpose. Your purpose is innate and generally will be something that you love doing and would be work that is its own reward. The problem is that the world is designed to separate you from spirit, so people get imprisoned into work that is unfulfilling by materialism, which seeks to replace love and sacrifice with power and control.
Thanks for your contributions to the thread Janus, always good to have new people posting.

You seem very confident with your summary there, are you speaking from personal experience ie. a connection via meditation/OOB experience etc. or you repeating information from the book you are reading and other research?

Are you a biblical god believer or do you come from a spiritual slant?

https://www.sciencealert.com/near-d...to-have-different-orders-for-different-people

So the research appears in a leading neuroscience journal FRONTIERS IN NEUROSCIENCE which is a peer reviewed journal in neuroscience but somehow according to some village idiot's heres the research is not credible. You cant pick and choose which science to believe in and which not to. Ignorance at its best

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
Proves nothing.
Our brain is literally shitting itself as it’s going into shutdown,it’s making crap up to ease the eventual nothingness into which we shall be except for our atoms which will again join the stars from which they came.

"Feelings of peace, bright lights, and disconnection from the body."

Is that it?

"By some accounts, those who report similar experiences aren't even necessarily dying, suggesting the phenomenon is more about a neurological response to stress than death itself."

That study talks about the most common experiences, and the order in which they occur, right?

Did it talk about the uncommon experiences? How many reported feeling like they were riding a purple giraffe through a Cambodian minefield, for instance?

Sorry but what? you are now talking crapola, the leading journal in neuroscience is granting the uniqueness of NDE experience and much to the delight of Snakey this comes from the department of neuroscience as well.

https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fnhum.2017.00311/full

.CONCLUSION: In our opinion, the presented data emphasizes and grants the uniqueness of NDErs’ experiences. We think that NDEs, as a complex set of phenomena, remain of considerable interest to neurosciences for the current understanding of consciousness.

Before you try the tired old anoxia, hypoxia line, its already been discarded by neurologists.

But according to our expert village idiot of neurology have no interest in understanding NDE cause they have it all figured out LOL!

So NDE is researched extensively (still being a hypothesis) and Parnia and AWARE's work is featured in the worlds leading neuroscience journal, but apparently they are all hacks! oh the humour, faith at work here, this individual is deranged, i am now convinced. Some people need to understand the role neuropsychology plays in understanding NDE, the dummy thinks that neurology is all that is required.

Last edited:
Proves nothing.
Our brain is literally shitting itself as it’s going into shutdown,it’s making crap up to ease the eventual nothingness into which we shall be except for our atoms which will again join the stars from which they came.

So why shitting itself it shows you all kinds of spiritual experiences? why? why not carlton winning the grand final, something that actually will make you happy? are you telling me we are programmed this way, cause is closer to the truth :)

Sorry but what? you are now talking crapola, the leading journal in neuroscience is granting the uniqueness of NDE experience and much to the delight of Snakey this comes from the department of neuroscience as well.

https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fnhum.2017.00311/full

.CONCLUSION: In our opinion, the presented data emphasizes and grants the uniqueness of NDErs’ experiences. We think that NDEs, as a complex set of phenomena, remain of considerable interest to neurosciences for the current understanding of consciousness.

Before you try the tired old anoxia, hypoxia line, its already been discarded by neurologists.
Uniqueness? They seem to be just talking about the experiences reported, which varied. Did I miss the bit where they compared these experiences?

I didn't miss the bit where they said that the study provides no evidence of an afterlife.

An experience that happens to a being that has no ability to carry it in long term memory is hardly going to have any psychological effect.

Then you post pictures of people with elaborate head wear. I don't know how to break this to you gently, so I will just tell you: they weren't born with those things attached.

All memory is embodied Chief, he of unmatched wisdom,…….To re-member something is to access encoded history in our very psychic make-up.....Our own personal history & identity.

If you are present at the birth of an animal, they will forever be your friend & be imprinted towards humans thereafter.....We share of & partake in that creaturely fact.

Uniqueness? They seem to be just talking about the experiences reported, which varied. Did I miss the bit where they compared these experiences?

I didn't miss the bit where they said that the study provides no evidence of an afterlife.

There is no neuroscience out there that claims that, there is also no neuroscience out there that dismisses the whole thing like you are doing now.

Neuroscience remains neutral despite atheists claiming they have it all figured out

Proves nothing.
This is what I believe, although why would the brain need to make crap up to ease our way into nothingness?

This is what I believe, although why would the brain need to make crap up to ease our way into nothingness?

And considering only 20% of the population is reporting NDE :D ,so only ease these 20%, what happens to the rest 80 :D

But you raise a very good point jason, if we are on our way into nothingness why would brain ease our way into nothingness unless we are programmed that way? since we will be dead in 2 minutes what does the brain get from it? and ease "what"? the brain eases itself into nothingness? wait , i thought consciousness is a product of the brain :D

All memory is embodied Chief, he of unmatched wisdom,…….To re-member something is to access encoded history in our very psychic make-up.....Our own personal history & identity.

If you are present at the birth of an animal, they will forever be your friend & be imprinted towards humans thereafter.....We share of & partake in that creaturely fact.

This is just plain woo.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

So why shitting itself it shows you all kinds of spiritual experiences? why? why not carlton winning the grand final, something that actually will make you happy? are you telling me we are programmed this way, cause is closer to the truth :)
Let’s leave my ******* rabble out of it you campaigner :oops:
Truth is,I don’t know,perhaps it’s easing the pain of never breathing again,never seeing your partners illuminated face,your children’s laughter and the smell they have which makes us parents feel immortal and grand.
But I don’t think we are immortal,but we are infinitesimally grand,just not infinite in the ways in which you ascribe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let’s leave my ******* rabble out of it you campaigner :oops:
Truth is,I don’t know,perhaps it’s easing the pain of never breathing again,never seeing your partners illuminated face,your children’s laughter and the smell they have which makes us parents feel immortal and grand.
But I don’t think we are immortal,but we are infinitesimally grand,just not infinite in the ways in which you ascribe.

"You" are not immortal, your essence is. "You" will die.

Secondly, your assertion makes no sense. The brain eases itself into nothingness? considering that you think consciousness is not separate from the brain, the brain eases itself into nothingness? Why would it bother, considering the entire NDE is purely mental, so 10 seconds of easing itself into nothing? nah! come on mate.

No thing that attains life wants to die,it will fight the greatest fight to live!

See this is the problem, the "dying" brain is not the only time people have similar visions. Similar visions are also recorded in non-life threatening events too. Meditation yields very similar results, i have posted the harvard research in this thread where meditation yielded stunning scientific results where monks were able to control their body in unthinkable manner from controlling metabolism to body heat. Speak with any buddhist monk meditating in deep state, they will tell you everything you want to know about NDE like experiences.

I have heard of people hearing voices to 'Go back. It's not your time.'

I heard the same voice almost every weekend back in the 80's & 90's out the front of nightclubs at 3 am.

Thanks for your contributions to the thread Janus, always good to have new people posting.

You seem very confident with your summary there, are you speaking from personal experience ie. a connection via meditation/OOB experience etc. or you repeating information from the book you are reading and other research?

Are you a biblical god believer or do you come from a spiritual slant?

I believe in everything. For everything must, at some point, had a kernel of truth invested in it...otherwise it would have been rejected as a lie.

Do research on DMT, also known as the spirit molecule, which is what the body secretes into the brain at the moment of death.

Or, if you want to have your very own NDE, go to the jungles of the Amazon and drink of the Vine of Death...which has DMT in it and will plunge you into the same state without the whole death thing.

Nice one Dee-un-pacted bullshizen!
Your animal is a bull ain’t it,you’re a Taurus?!

I believe in everything. For everything must, at some point, had a kernel of truth invested in it...otherwise it would have been rejected as a lie.
Mmmm, then you are an enigma wrapped in paradox shrouded in a conundrum, all tied up neatly in a fable. The Riddler.
Do research on DMT, also known as the spirit molecule, which is what the body secretes into the brain at the moment of death.

Or, if you want to have your very own NDE, go to the jungles of the Amazon and drink of the Vine of Death...which has DMT in it and will plunge you into the same state without the whole death thing.
I have tried DMT and not that long ago, I didn't get much from it, just a little bit of liquid psychedelics on the ceiling. Maybe the bong was faulty. That can be explained by chemical reactions in the brain though.

What does any of this have to do with the existence of a god?

Including atheism, your condescending arrogance & your cynicism.....You do not come across as a confident educated adult.....Quite the contrary in fact.
I also thought Snake Baker was an ill mannered uncouth heathen, until I heard the man on the Bigfooty podcast.

He is intelligent and articulate. It was an unnerving experience listening.

However! I would not wish to encounter the man in a dark alley, especially if I'm decked out in Richmond colours.

I also thought Snake Baker was an ill mannered uncouth heathen, until I heard the man on the Bigfooty podcast.

He is intelligent and articulate. It was an unnerving experience listening.

However! I would not wish to encounter the man in a dark alley, especially if I'm decked out in Richmond colours.

Yes, but we're still waiting for the genius to work out that philosophy precedes science.....Both historically & in the main-frame of all human knowledge.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back