Society/Culture Nobody has anything new to say about God.

Aug 19, 2004
Grand Finals
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Rafael Nadal
Ha Ha oh she lived for simple souls like you, looking to the east for answers because you are too lazy and ignorant to follow the truth... just another magical sky wizard in a different robe :p

Says someone who defends theosophy? you dont actually have a clue about what she wrote, this is clear, you are here to troll. She explains karma very well giving example of Siddhartha Gautama. She quoted the Vedas and even quoted the Bible. I am just pointing out your ignorance, you dont even know whom or what you are quoting. the concept of karma is universally the same, do you know what gnosis is?

DraftBalta

league leaders for flags won without cheating
Oct 16, 2017
In my pants
AFL Club
Collingwood
Says someone who defends theosophy? you dont actually have a clue about what she wrote, this is clear, you are here to troll. She explains karma very well giving example of Siddhartha Gautama. She quoted the Vedas and even quoted the Bible. I am just pointing out your ignorance, you dont even know whom or what you are quoting. the concept of karma is universally the same, do you know what gnosis is?

No you assumed I was defending Theosophy because I mentioned it, you've wasted an entire page on your own misguided ramblings and what you mistakenly think I believe

Oh and just quietly we can replicate the experiences of the Buddha by applying a light electromagnetic field to certain parts of the brain (see god helmet doco) and even atheists experience transcendence, nirvana, guides etc... you got played kid :D

Bennett.

Your training, Matrix
10k Posts Essendon Player Sponsor 2018 Essendon Player Sponsor 2017 Essendon Player Sponsor 2016 Essendon Player Sponsor 2014 Essendon Player Sponsor 2015
Aug 16, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Maple Leafs, Blue Jays
If we rewound humanity back as little as 100000 yrs and pushed play,most probably judaism christianity and islam would not exist and something else would,but the laws of nature and the scientific method would and always remain unchanged yet,most likely be far more advanced!
Sigh

If you rewound and pressed play. The same thing would happen.
Do you not know how rewinding works?

Aug 19, 2004
Grand Finals
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Rafael Nadal
No you assumed I was defending Theosophy because I mentioned it, you've wasted an entire page on your own misguided ramblings, I never said it :)

Oh and just quietly we can replicate the experiences of the Buddha by applying a light electromagnetic field to certain parts of the brain (see god helmet doco) and even atheists experience transcendence, nirvana, guides etc... you got played kid :D

way to move your goalposts, you are here to troll. If you would actually want to discuss about eastern philosophy i am game, but i have no time for trolls like you. See ya

DraftBalta

Oct 16, 2017
In my pants
AFL Club
Collingwood
If you rewound and pressed play. The same thing would happen.
Do you not know how rewinding works?
Nope, rewinding affects the outcome, in physics the very act of measurement will cause a disturbance (photon knocking the particle etc) and different variables will be added to the equation and therefore the outcome

DraftBalta

Oct 16, 2017
In my pants
AFL Club
Collingwood
way to move your goalposts, you are here to troll. If you would actually want to discuss about eastern philosophy i am game, but i have no time for trolls like you. See ya
You moved the goal posts dopey, I mention Blavatsky by way of a book and you go off your nut because that touches on your sad little Asian Jesus fetish sitting under a tree contemplating his own hypnagogic fantasies... can't believe in this day and age people still believe in messiah's that existed thousands of years ago... grow up ffs

Aug 19, 2004
Grand Finals
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Rafael Nadal
You moved the goal posts dopey, I mention Blavatsky by way of a book and you go off your nut because that touches on your sad little Asian Jesus fetish sitting under a tree contemplating his own hypnagogic fantasies... can't believe in this day and age people still believe in messiah's that existed thousands of years ago... grow up ffs

Where have i mentioned the word "messiah". I haven't and i dont believe in messiahs. Stop lying.

DraftBalta

Oct 16, 2017
In my pants
AFL Club
Collingwood
Where have i mentioned the word "messiah". I haven't and i dont believe in messiahs. Stop lying.
I just knew that "see ya" was too good to believe... maya pfft when does Darth Vader enter the picture? He's pretty good with the 'force'

Aug 19, 2004
Grand Finals
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Rafael Nadal
I just knew that "see ya" was too good to believe... maya pfft when does Darth Vader enter the picture? He's pretty good with the 'force'
Nah, after getting shown up on debates you have resorted to lies, just pointing out the hypocrisy being the troll that you are, you will be the first person under block, congrats.

DraftBalta

Oct 16, 2017
In my pants
AFL Club
Collingwood
Nah, after getting shown up on debates you have resorted to lies, just pointing out the hypocrisy being the troll that you are, you will be the first person under block, congrats.
Says the guy that kept calling Blavatsky a man (and who is the liar Mr Typo? tried your best to slime your way out of that one, was actually pretty embarrassing to watch) you got shown up talking as if you knew it all and you were in fact completely ignorant... the faux cries of troll and block are the pathetic admissions of defeat... and lets face it, your belief is no better than a Xian's, it's a little older but no less ridiculous or less based in fact and truth

You haven't got a shred of evidence for your beliefs but bleat at others for the math while you contemplate your navel lint like it's Rhonda Byrne's secret :p

Last edited:

RupieDupie

Guru
Jun 30, 2017
AFL Club
GWS
Wow you found one opinion to back up your belief in a magical sky wizard, good for you, but unfortunately as previously stated, if it's possible (and with quantum computers soon able to calculate complex problems in nanoseconds that would take conventional supercomputers billions of years to solve it's a given) then the chances of us being in the original make lotto odds look appealing.

But I think God creates an argument against this. As soon as a problem can be theoretical solvable (and realistically solvable) it only needs X amount of people working on it, and trivial problems like quantum computers and the scaling of quantum computers, would have been solved a long time ago, ~40 BC by my reckoning (if there were a threshold of people working on them). Unfortunately the threshold of people required to make and scale quantum computers are currently working on making the world a better place through the creation of more effective "click ads" and other dumb s**t that gives the people in power instant amusement and gratification (i.e. munny). For example, do you know what these geniuses figured out recently? If you have a monopoly on, let's say energy production and transmission, you are allowed to raise the cost by 20%, with government blessing (and tax payer funded infrastructure and Australian natural resources), and suddenly the munny flows in with no additional investment in infrastructure, employment, innovation etc - that's the level of intelligence we are at here.

Therefore, if every advanced civilisation, ever, always ends up organised hierarchically, under the "biggest douchebags in the universe", technology will never exceed point X, until Y amount of dark ages , and Z^A lives lost, which leads us to a threshold / limit (this limit is also related to how long the project will take, and how much munny a greedy douchebag will get in return). We can describe this threshold level as "G", where "G" = the maximum allowable technological advance under a hierarchical system. The "realistic" side of "G" has to come into play, because civilisation will only last a certain amount of time, and as I stated above, the trivial problem of building and scaling a quantum computer to the scale required for Universe simulation would have been invented in 40BC, if society was not run by greedy douchebags.

DraftBalta

Oct 16, 2017
In my pants
AFL Club
Collingwood
But I think God creates an argument against this. As soon as a problem can be theoretical solvable (and realistically solvable) it only needs X amount of people working on it, and trivial problems like quantum computers and the scaling of quantum computers, would have been solved a long time ago, ~40 BC by my reckoning (if there were a threshold of people working on them). Unfortunately the threshold of people required to make and scale quantum computers are currently working on making the world a better place through the creation of more effective "click ads" and other dumb s**t that gives the people in power instant amusement and gratification (i.e. munny). For example, do you know what these geniuses figured out recently? If you have a monopoly on, let's say energy production and transmission, you are allowed to raise the cost by 20%, with government blessing (and tax payer funded infrastructure and Australian natural resources), and suddenly the munny flows in with no additional investment in infrastructure, employment, innovation etc - that's the level of intelligence we are at here.

Therefore, if every advanced civilisation, ever, always ends up organised hierarchically, under the "biggest douchebags in the universe", technology will never exceed point X, until Y amount of dark ages , and Z^A lives lost, which leads us to a threshold / limit (this limit is also related to how long the project will take, and how much munny a greedy douchebag will get in return). We can describe this threshold level as "G", where "G" = the maximum allowable technological advance under a hierarchical system. The "realistic" side of "G" has to come into play, because civilisation will only last a certain amount of time, and as I stated above, the trivial problem of building and scaling a quantum computer to the scale required for Universe simulation would have been invented in 40BC, if society was not run by greedy douchebags.
It's not about brain power, we've had that for 300 million years... it's about the energy to accomplish these things... ask yourself when the modern world began, when did we go from the farm/horse and cart to computers and landing on the moon... is it a coincidence that tech exploded with the discovery of virtually free sources of energy almost 200 years ago?

A barrel of oil costs approx $1 USD to be taken out of the ground... that one barrel provides the same energy as 25,000 man hours

We are using oil as a bridge energy to other more powerful (and clean) energies that will eventually see nanobots building a Dyson sphere around the Sun to fully harness it's power... AI VR Simulations, Programmable Matter etc are on the brink of ushering in the next evolution of intelligent life... we are God

2F39B7F800000578-3353627-image-a-61_1449710353337.jpg

RupieDupie

Guru
Jun 30, 2017
AFL Club
GWS
It's not about brain power, we've had that for 300 million years... it's about the energy to accomplish these things... ask yourself when the modern world began, when did we go from the farm/horse and cart to computers and landing on the moon... is it a coincidence that tech exploded with the discovery of virtually free sources of energy almost 200 years ago?

A barrel of oil costs approx $1 USD to be taken out of the ground... that one barrel provides the same energy as 25,000 man hours

We are using oil as a bridge energy to other more powerful (and clean) energies that will eventually see nanobots building a Dyson sphere around the Sun to fully harness it's power... AI VR Simulations, Programmable Matter etc are on the brink of ushering in the next evolution of intelligent life... we are God

2F39B7F800000578-3353627-image-a-61_1449710353337.jpg

But the process is horse-cart / egg-chicken, agricultural innovation can be related to population explosion, industrial innovation likewise and finally information innovation. A threshold of people is required for ideas to be evolved and maintained, in the same way that certain diseases can evolve and be maintained through population structure.

You are correct in that energy is necessary, but suppose you have a barrel of energy and you set it on fire, how much innovation would you get? This addresses your argument, and also backs up my own argument.

I read up on the Dyson sphere quite sometime ago, so my memory on it is fuzzy, but from memory the energy required to create one requires the energy from a Dyson sphere.

Finally, the people in power are God, that's why we do not have quantum computers scaled for universe simulation, we have laws based on what ancient Bedouin people's customs, and we have AI used to detect arbitrage, find out the risk posed by a potential house buyer (i.e. If they come from a low socio-economic background), and encourage people to click on ads.

DraftBalta

Oct 16, 2017
In my pants
AFL Club
Collingwood
But the process is horse-cart / egg-chicken, agricultural innovation can be related to population explosion, industrial innovation likewise and finally information innovation. A threshold of people is required for ideas to be evolved and maintained, in the same way that certain diseases can evolve and be maintained through population structure.

You are correct in that energy is necessary, but suppose you have a barrel of energy and you set it on fire, how much innovation would you get? This addresses your argument, and also backs up my own argument.

I read up on the Dyson sphere quite sometime ago, so my memory on it is fuzzy, but from memory the energy required to create one requires the energy from a Dyson sphere.

Finally, the people in power are God, that's why we do not have quantum computers scaled for universe simulation, we have laws based on what ancient Bedouin people's customs, and we have AI used to detect arbitrage, find out the risk posed by a potential house buyer (i.e. If they come from a low socio-economic background), and encourage people to click on ads.
I think what's confusing you is we haven't found any aliens yet despite the fact there are infinite worlds out there... but that's because they all uploaded to the supercloud ;)

RupieDupie

Guru
Jun 30, 2017
AFL Club
GWS
I think what's confusing you is we haven't found any aliens yet despite the fact there are infinite worlds out there... but that's because they all uploaded to the supercloud ;)

I believe your post is independent of my response. You could have quoted any of the above posts and written the same thing.

RupieDupie

Guru
Jun 30, 2017
AFL Club
GWS
By design

But that does not lead to your argument, it would have been better if energy was somehow expended to create your post independent of your thoughts, rather than independently of my post. Even if you convinced me to write your argument for you, you have to note that this does not lead to an exchange in energy (where you have provided me with a natural resource to create the post), yet does lead to two people collaborating to come up with an idea. Thus supporting my idea at the expense of yours.

DraftBalta

Oct 16, 2017
In my pants
AFL Club
Collingwood
But that does not lead to your argument, it would have been better if energy was somehow expended to create your post independent of your thoughts, rather than independently of my post. Even if you convinced me to write your argument for you, you have to note that this does not lead to an exchange in energy (where you have provided me with a natural resource to create the post), yet does lead to two people collaborating to come up with an idea. Thus supporting my idea at the expense of yours.
I'm starting to suspect you missed my joke

RupieDupie

Guru
Jun 30, 2017
AFL Club
GWS
Becoming more than a suspicion

Maybe it is because of your joke design.

Here's a joke, a guy goes into a tattoo parlour and asks if he can get a $100 bill tattooed onto his utensil. The Tattooist is immediately taken back, but then sez he can help him, but only if the guy gives him three good reasons as to why. So the guy sez, "I want to handle large amounts of cash, I want to watch my money grow, and if my wife wants to blow $100.00 she can stay home and do it" budda ching!

Back