Society/Culture Nobody has anything new to say about God.

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes i just told a bunch of people i am with that some internet hero reckons math is science, they chuckled, thanks for the laugh Snakey!

The combined I.Q. of the room must be in the double digit range.

The math utilised in the theoretical physics you constantly hijack to give false imprimatur to your psychobabble bullshit, is science.

The combined I.Q. of the room must be in the double digit range.

The math utilised in the theoretical physics you constantly hijack to give false imprimatur to your psychobabble bullshit, is science.

LOL! oh my...and you talk about IQ. There is no special math for theoretical physics. *facepalm*

Quality stuff, add a meme please

serveimage

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thats more like it! afterall math used in theoritical physics is science ROFL. Holy crap.... ROFL

The letters used in the words in scientific papers aren't science either.

They're just letters.

You idiot.

The letters used in the words in scientific papers aren't science either.

They're just letters.

You idiot.

Why do i waste my time replying to you? Spare me from your ad-hom troll attempts and one line pearlers followed by a meme and an insult. Stock standard Snakey and then you have the cheek to talk about IQs. last attempt: I am talking about the discipline of mathematics here. Mathematics is a subject by itself, (i am sure even you know it), which is used in everything from physics, chemistry, footy, biology etc.

One last time to dumb it down for you:

Science is the derivation of generalizations from observation of the real world. Science may use mathematics to state relationships between observations and generalizations.

Mathematics is the derivation of particular results from abstract postulates. It does not refer to the real world at all.

Science uses math. Math does not use science.

A theorem doesn't need empirical evidence to be proven unlike science.(I hope you know what a theorem is atleast, yes google that first :drunk:)Deductive reasoning is never used in any of branches of physical sciences. But similarly you can use the theorem to prove abstract ideas in your hypothesis thus making it science. Laurence Krauss in his book the Universe from nothing stated and stressed the deductive nature of Mathematics as things like probability, axioms and caclulus doesn't exist in nature. It's totally a language, that is used to describe something.

Several disciplines of mathematics can never be science due to existence of axioms! ffs, ask a scientist or google. How can it be science when there are axioms present? 2+2 =4 cannot be testified, verified or falsified even, due to the presence of axioms!!!

Some things can be proven in Maths, like geometry, other can never be proven/disproven or established. Look up on Godels theorem.

The fact that you keep insulting shows you have NFI and got caught again, thinking mathematics is not a subject by itself. Theorems exist independent of science, how you use it, is upto you, i can use it to prove that it will rain on GF day or i can use it to prove gravitiational pull. It's a language!! How you use mathematical theorems is upto you, but probabilities don't exist in nature ffs. It exists in our minds only.

This is the reason why many scientific facts (now) been well established mathematically wayyyyy before it was even discovered (or abstract at that time). From example gravitation waves. Similarly parrell universes, multiverses etc are mathematically established although this cannot be proven or established by science. There is a ******* difference.

Mathematics is different. it does not rely on these experiments in order to claim the discovery of a new truth. Theres a distinction between what Mathematics claims as proof in contrast to science. For a scientist, ten experiments with consistent results might constitute proof, For a mathematician, a million successful experiments is not enough proof. Instead, mathematicians rely on logic. Mathematics is very often inspired by nature, but it is a purely intellectual pursuit. It is just a bunch of ideas in our heads, like philosophy. Pure abstract reasoning.

But its is so intricately related with science, Mathematics being the language used to describe scientific theories, but the difference between methods for arriving at proof appear to make the notion of mathematics as a science inconsistent.

I can't dumb it down anymore. If you don't understand this by now you are on your own or do yourself a favour, go bother someone else, i am done explaining basic stuff to you, i did it before and i am not going down this path again! Sorry for the long reply, about 20 lines too many for your brain to process as i said you are on your own now. Please go bait someone else replying to you is the biggest waste of time.

Last edited:
That point when someone is arguing that a discovery based around sacred geometry (the Pythagorean Italic school was a philosophy based Hermetic principles - the oldest mathematical texts are Egyptian) is science.

In fact the discipline of mathematics comes from the group of Pythagorean students called mathematikoi, with the word mathema meaning learning or study.

“Today, Pythagoras is mostly remembered for his mathematical ideas, and by association with the work early Pythagoreans did in advancing mathematical concepts and theories on harmonic musical intervals, the definition of numbers, proportion and mathematical methods such as arithmetic and geometry. The mathēmatikoi philosophers claimed that numbers were at the heart of everything and constructed a new view of the cosmos. In the mathēmatikoi tradition of Pythagoreanism the Earth was removed from the center of the universe. The mathēmatikoi believed that the Earth, along with other other celestial bodies, orbited around a central fire. This, they believed, resembled a celestial harmony.”

Mathematics doesn’t need to prove something is right through empirical study. It is a universal truth that proves other studies to be true.

That point when someone is arguing that a discovery based around sacred geometry (the Pythagorean Italic school was a philosophy based Hermetic principles - the oldest mathematical texts are Egyptian) is science.

In fact the discipline of mathematics comes from the group of Pythagorean students called mathematikoi, with the word mathema meaning learning or study.

“Today, Pythagoras is mostly remembered for his mathematical ideas, and by association with the work early Pythagoreans did in advancing mathematical concepts and theories on harmonic musical intervals, the definition of numbers, proportion and mathematical methods such as arithmetic and geometry. The mathēmatikoi philosophers claimed that numbers were at the heart of everything and constructed a new view of the cosmos. In the mathēmatikoi tradition of Pythagoreanism the Earth was removed from the center of the universe. The mathēmatikoi believed that the Earth, along with other other celestial bodies, orbited around a central fire. This, they believed, resembled a celestial harmony.”

Mathematics doesn’t need to prove something is right through empirical study. It is a universal truth that proves other studies to be true.

LOL..the last line is apparently too much for some people to understand.

Yeah, but maths doesn't exist in the natural world though....It's foundations are purely of a metaphysical origin owing to our rational abilities.....Ergo it belongs with all the other fairy-dust, Unicorns & elves.;)

I’m reading the latest issue of New Scientist, and lo and behold, there’s an article stating that the existence of the Cosmic Microwave Background and the Lorimer Burst has given rise to theory that the universe actually began from the collapsing of a previous universe into a singularity so dense that it created a white hole. So not a Big Bang, but rather a Big Bounce.

Sounds suspiciously like what I’ve been talking about doesn’t it? The breath of Brahma and the Principle of Rhythm.

I’m reading the latest issue of New Scientist, and lo and behold, there’s an article stating that the existence of the Cosmic Microwave Background and the Lorimer Burst has given rise to theory that the universe actually began from the collapsing of a previous universe into a singularity so dense that it created a white hole. So not a Big Bang, but rather a Big Bounce.

Sounds suspiciously like what I’ve been talking about doesn’t it?

Is there something new about any of this?

Sounds suspiciously like what I’ve been talking about doesn’t it? The breath of Brahma and the Principle of Rhythm.

No. Sounds nothing like what you've been talking about. The science actually makes sense.

No. Sounds nothing like what you've been talking about. The science actually makes sense.

Hermeticism teaches the principle of rhythm. That everything flows in and out - even the expansion and contraction of the universe.

Science backs this up with data that is being actively studied as of last year.

Scientism zealots in this thread can’t accept that Hermeticism was right all along.

Hermeticism teaches the principle of rhythm. That everything flows in and out - even the expansion and contraction of the universe.

Science backs this up with data that is being actively studied as of last year.

Scientism zealots in this thread can’t accept that Hermeticism was right all along.

Any overlap between science and hermeticism is entirely coincidental and should not be taken as confirmation of the correctness of either.

Any overlap between science and hermeticism is entirely coincidental and should not be taken as confirmation of the correctness of either.

The only principle that cannot be validited by science is the principle of mentalism. But the presence of the other principles as a collective does that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back