Society/Culture Nobody has anything new to say about God.

Remove this Banner Ad

Cant see us travelling anywhere in the solar system in the next 100 years honestly.
You only have to go back 100 years to 1918 to see what could be possible by 2118. In 1918 cars were well and truly in their infancy, even powered flight was only 5 years on from the Wright brothers, then you have computers, television, microwaves, mobile phones etc...etc....

IMO we struggle to even comprehend what is possible in another 100 years.

Cant see us travelling anywhere in the solar system in the next 100 years honestly.

Maybe we should just concentrate on getting some kind of life form passed the Van Allen belts to start with....Oh. that's right.....We already did that some 50 years ago in sending man to the moon.....Some thing we somehow are unable to match to this day.:drunk:

funny when scientists state their 'belief', the usual suspects buy every word of it.

Just pointing out that the "actual" pre -eminent theoretical physicist of the last 50 years thinks your full of s**t.

Just pointing out that the "actual" pre -eminent theoretical physicist of the last 50 years thinks your full of s**t.

LOL! quality post! learn the difference between 'belief' and 'facts'. There is no way he can empirically state that, its pure 'faith'. A scientist is allowed to have 'belief's, i can quote plenty of nobel prize winning theoritical physicists who would disagree and then you will be back with your ad-homs saying 'they are not reliable', peer review is s**t, their theory is s**t, show me a neurologist who said that. What's the point? you have made up your mind and no amount of evidence will change your mind, why would you even bother? Learn the basics of spirituality and the nature of consciousness. We don't know anything, we seek! everyone and everything, including science.

funny when scientists state their 'belief', the usual suspects buy every word of it.
Funny when evangelical mythtards finally agree on nothing,we can have a starting point for nothing!
Awesome cool!

Maybe we should just concentrate on getting some kind of life form passed the Van Allen belts to start with....Oh. that's right.....We already did that some 50 years ago in sending man to the moon.....Some thing we somehow are unable to match to this day.:drunk:
Con the fruiterer conspirator 9/11 guy pizzagate Saudi axe Turk room!

Funny when evangelical mythtards finally agree on nothing,we can have a starting point for nothing!
Awesome cool!

Agree, organised religion is no different. Belief is still 'belief', if it comes from scientists people pay attention, that's what i am trying to say here, considering 85% of the universe is unobservant dark matter, i am glad Mr Hawking figured it all out. Good old snakey provided a link above which stated more than 50% of science is deeply rooted in faith and bogus stuff. Which means its not much different to Deepak here :D Deepak talks a bit more s**t than scientists. Don't believe in anything seek! i already told you how to do it but you will dismiss it before trying. Science is a process of seeking, nothing more. Today's theories will be replaced by something else shortly which will then be replaced by something else, this is the process of seeking and science is not the only way of 'seeking'.

Last edited:
Con the fruiterer conspirator 9/11 guy pizzagate Saudi axe Turk room!

I'm not sure what any of those things have to do with the Van Allen radiation belts. That protect our earth from the suns radiation.

No Van Allen reflected magnetic shields = No life on earth.....No life can exist beyond it, is rather more the pertinent point.

You may address the point rationally at any time of your own choosing....Preferably without the use of non sequiturs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not sure what any of those things have to do with the Van Allen radiation belts. That protect our earth from the suns radiation.

No Van Allen reflected magnetic shields = No life on earth.....No life can exist beyond it, is rather more the pertinent point.

You may address the point rationally at any time of your own choosing....Preferably without the use of non sequiturs.

Cause you are invoking conspiracy here, the same **** you do. We have been to moon and back, you arguing we haven't doesn't belong to this board, take it elsewhere.

agree bit like the big bang is legit and how we somehow all came fom sludge billions if years ago. Spare me.

Yeah it amazes me when scientists talk about multiverse, parallel universes, dimensions, simulation theories, time travel (which hawking said is possible) etc etc, people buy it as if they have some 'substance' in it. It's mere speculation! god forbid if a mystic talks about dimensions then the usual suspects will cry murder. Why does M-Theory with its multiple assumptions and vague validity attract so many adherents? Half of them talking about M-theory don't even know what it is in reality and have to google.

Thought you were done with this thread Total Power?

Always remember: "It's foolish to listen to someone who will not listen to you."

There are many cosmological theories based on science and mathematics that are internally consistent. I don't think religion comes into that category.

And yet, you clowns would believe that those mathematical consistencies in the cosmos were the product of random chance. That the laws like gravity that govern the universe were just always there. When a scientist comes up with an equation to explain a certain phenomena, why do we give credit to the scientist for explaining it and not wonder 's**t, that actually makes sense and explains all this other stuff too. We should give credit to whatever put that phenomena in place, because it's so internally consistent.'

Scientism believes what it does because they are so cut off from the possibility of spirit that their questions and answers are entirely focused on the physical plane. That's why the world is in the state that it's in - people are just out for themselves because only the material matters. But it's quite funny - through the pursuit of the material, that which was celebrated is no long created.

Where are the grand monuments that will last hundreds of years being built today? The buildings and edifices with soul? Nowhere. Because everything is built to be disposable now, and any legacy will be torn down by someone else.

"I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds."

And yet, you clowns would believe that those mathematical consistencies in the cosmos were the product of random chance.
No, they are a product of happenstance.

If they were different the composition of the universe would be different.

They are simply observations of "what is".

And yet, you clowns would believe that those mathematical consistencies in the cosmos were the product of random chance. That the laws like gravity that govern the universe were just always there. When a scientist comes up with an equation to explain a certain phenomena, why do we give credit to the scientist for explaining it and not wonder 's**t, that actually makes sense and explains all this other stuff too. We should give credit to whatever put that phenomena in place, because it's so internally consistent.'

There's a difference between science that has given value to the world by its predictive ability, and science that is speculative but internally consistent. Religion fails on both counts.

Thought you were done with this thread Total Power?

Always remember: "It's foolish to listen to someone who will not listen to you."

Fair enough, i keep getting sucked into it. The whole thought here is "i don't understand it, hence it must be false".

Glad the abusive posters copped a ban here.

There's a difference between science that has given value to the world by its predictive ability, and science that is speculative but internally consistent. Religion fails on both counts.

In case you haven’t read the title of the thread, it’s not a discussion about religion, but about god.

Same with religion too though.

But that is what religion is accused of. I totally agree, but i find it a bit rich, people who put their blind faith in science without even learning the assumptions behind the theory. Any mathematical proof exists only on paper due to the existence of axioms. I cannot be proven false, neither can it be proven to be the truth. Intellect is only useful while analysing material things, you can find out about my body by slicing me into pieces but not about me. This is why i prescribed the 'method' of seeking. In ancient Indian culture, they didn't teach you 'knowledge', they taught you 'methods', like yoga, meditation etc, you as a 'seeker' must find it out yourself. Ready made knowledge is a Western thing came as the Greeks came along, in both ancient Chinese and Indian culture, 'truth' to be found only as a 'seeker. You can only start seeking when you say ' i don't know'. But so many people here, (atheists theists both alike), seem to be know it all types. Well cool then.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back