Society/Culture Nobody has anything new to say about God.

Remove this Banner Ad

Save your breath, put him under ignore, life will get better, its clear he is not here to discuss but to troll

No worries, but the person obviously knows a thing or two, it would be good if they contributed more meaningfully. I like discussing Dyson Spheres, alien existence and God, but in a more "I understand what the fcuk is going on" kind of manner, if I wished to discuss the subject in a "I don't understand what the fcuk is going on" manner I would probably be observing a contemporary art piece (my bias - sorry!)

No worries, but the person obviously knows a thing or two, it would be good if they contributed more meaningfully. I like discussing Dyson Spheres, alien existence and God, but in a more "I understand what the fcuk is going on" kind of manner, if I wished to discuss the subject in a "I don't understand what the fcuk is going on" manner I would probably be observing a contemporary art piece (my bias - sorry!)
i believe everyone can contribute but choose not to, some get their fix by winding people up. Small things amuse small minds

Whoa, moving away again!

I feel like Homer Simpson "Bed goes up, bed goes down"
latest

Save your breath, put him under ignore, life will get better, its clear he is not here to discuss but to troll
Keep crying because you couldn't win the debate and had to resort to lies, and you aint fooling anyone with the faux block :p

i believe everyone can contribute but choose not to, some get their fix by winding people up. Small things amuse small minds
When small minds are wrong they usually get pissy :)

And still waiting for you to be a man and own up to your lie on the 'typo' ;)

Last edited:
The clues have been there for awhile

For the past seven years, a German experiment just south of Hanover—the GEO600—has been searching for gravitational waves: ripples in space-time thrown off by super-dense astronomical objects such as neutron stars and black holes. GEO600 has not detected any gravitational waves so far, but it might have inadvertently made the most important discovery in physics for half a century.

For many months, the GEO600 team had been puzzling over inexplicable noise that is plaguing their giant detector. Then, out of the blue, a researcher approached them with an explanation. In fact, he had even predicted the noise before he knew they were detecting it.

According to Craig Hogan, the newly appointed Director at the Fermilab’s Center for Particle Astrophysics in Batavia, Illinois, GEO600 may have stumbled upon the fundamental limit of space-time—the point where space-time stops behaving like the smooth continuum Einstein described and instead dissolves into “grains,” just as a newspaper photograph dis-solves into dots as you zoom in. “It looks like GEO600 is being buffeted by the microscopic quantum convulsions of space-time. If the GEO600 result is what I suspect it is, then we are all living in a giant cosmic hologram.”

Geez, I'll be buggered if I know what you blokes are on about here, but I'm sure it has nothing to do with God & everything to do with science.:rolleyes:

Nope, rewinding affects the outcome, in physics the very act of measurement will cause a disturbance (photon knocking the particle etc) and different variables will be added to the equation and therefore the outcome

So if I replay the 1975 grand Final over & over then eventually a different result will eventuate eh?o_O

How does rewinding alter the laws of cause & effect pray tell?

You can't re-wind reality when all that there is, is the eternal present.....Let that one sink in a bit before replying.

So if I replay the 1975 grand Final over & over then eventually a different result will eventuate eh?o_O

How does rewinding alter the laws of cause & effect pray tell?
You'd have to tell me what you are using to rewind time with but as quantum physicists have found you can't run an experiment or even observe it without compromising it, even if it's just looking at it and one of the photons streaming from your eyes knocks a particle it has a carry on effect that changes the variable and eventually the outcome

you'd have to tell me what you are using to rewind time with but as quantum physicists have found you can't run an experiment or even observe it without compromising it, even if it's just looking at it and one of the photons streaming from your eyes knocks a particle it has a knock on effect that changes all the variable and eventually the outcome

The concept of the eternal present renders the proposition of re-winding 'time' (A measurement) an absurd notion.....As a contradiction of Fundamental ontology.

You need to go back & question this metaphysically imported presupposition on behalf of Einstein.....Hint: He was wrong!

The concept of the eternal present renders the proposition of re-winding 'time' (A measurement) an absurd notion.....As a contradiction of Fundamental ontology.

You need to go back & question this metaphysically imported presupposition on behalf of Einstein.....Hint: He was wrong!

*sigh*

I'll put it in very simple layman's terms for you, so that even you can grasp the conceptual absurdity involved therein.....You can re-wind your clock as much as you like, but good luck in thinking that's going to change anything about the fundamental nature of existence around you....All it will change is the mechanism by which you are measuring reality.

In other words....Time is a human creation....It does not exist independent of it's measure....It is not an ontological given.

All there is, is the eternal present.....In other words: Einstein & Hawking are a pair of metaphysical frauds.

The clues have been there for awhile

For the past seven years, a German experiment just south of Hanover—the GEO600—has been searching for gravitational waves: ripples in space-time thrown off by super-dense astronomical objects such as neutron stars and black holes. GEO600 has not detected any gravitational waves so far, but it might have inadvertently made the most important discovery in physics for half a century.

For many months, the GEO600 team had been puzzling over inexplicable noise that is plaguing their giant detector. Then, out of the blue, a researcher approached them with an explanation. In fact, he had even predicted the noise before he knew they were detecting it.

According to Craig Hogan, the newly appointed Director at the Fermilab’s Center for Particle Astrophysics in Batavia, Illinois, GEO600 may have stumbled upon the fundamental limit of space-time—the point where space-time stops behaving like the smooth continuum Einstein described and instead dissolves into “grains,” just as a newspaper photograph dis-solves into dots as you zoom in. “It looks like GEO600 is being buffeted by the microscopic quantum convulsions of space-time. If the GEO600 result is what I suspect it is, then we are all living in a giant cosmic hologram.”

Could you please post the rest of this article?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll put it in very simple layman's terms for you, so that even you can grasp the conceptual absurdity involved therein.....You can re-wind your clock as much as you like, but good luck in thinking that's going to change anything about the fundamental nature of existence around you....All it will change is the mechanism by which you are measuring reality.

In other words....Time is a human creation....It does not exist independent of it's measure....It is not an ontological given.

All there is, is the eternal present.....In other words: Einstein & Hawking are a pair of metaphysical frauds.
Yeah let me give you the bullet bozo, we weren't talking about time travel, you got caught up in a side issue for whatever reason ( I suspect it's your thing) but we were talking about how you can't run an experiment without it being compromised... even the quantum foam negates a sterile experiment if you could eradicate everything else

Yeah let me give you the bullet bozo, we weren't talking about time travel, you got caught up in a side issue for whatever reason ( I suspect it's your thing) but we were talking about how you can't run an experiment without it being compromised... even the quantum foam negates a sterile experiment if you could eradicate everything else

Sure, I gathered that much....But your experiment was predicated upon the notion of re-winding time in order to prove alternative outcomes every time....All I've done, is to point out the absurdity of your thought experiment, as encompassing any kind of a valid scientific hypothesis or argument.

You're welcome.

I though you weren't allowed to post entire articles?
Sure, I gathered that much....But your experiment was predicated upon the notion of re-winding time in order to prove alternative outcomes every time....All I've done, is to point out the absurdity of your thought experiment, as encompassing any kind of a valid scientific hypothesis or argument.

You're welcome.
All you've done is wander off subject, you're not welcome

Why won't you provide a link?

Did you or did you not quote a religious shyster with those earlier comments.?

Procrastinator! Good to see your metaphysical self back!

What's all this discussion on time?

What would you state time is?

You're welcome.

UTFGoogle

http://www.khouse.org/articles/2009/839

“Bringing the world into focus through the lens of Scripture”

Just copy and paste the first line into Google and it'll come up, there's a few publications that replicated it

It's your contribution, you should provide the source when asked.

Procrastinator! Good to see your metaphysical self back!

What's all this discussion on time?

What would you state time is?
Yes please take him away and talk about his favourite subject, evidently he knows more than Einstein and Hawking put together... such a shame he was lost to science to become a BF member :(

Why won't you provide a link?

Jesus what bee is in your bonnet now? Did Schrodinger's cat piss on your keyboard?

I'm not going looking for it again, I told him how to find it so you'll just have to put your big boy pants on and go look for it too

Jesus what bee is in your bonnet now? Did Schrodinger's cat piss on your keyboard?

I'm not going looking for it again, I told him how to find it so you'll just have to put your big boy pants on and go look for it too

I'd wager most of us around here know more about physics than a failed businessman and religious crony.

Meet the author of your article, Chuck Missler:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back