Society/Culture Nobody has anything new to say about God.

Aug 31, 2008
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Nuggets
Evolution is an indisputable scientific fact, and it has been observed in nauture, under laboratory conditions and in the fossil records. It happens, and has happened over millions of years. This is simply undeniable now.

Has anyone ever observed an omniscient, omnipotent, all-loving god be created? Arguments that a god did everything simply begs the question as to what created your god? Are we to believe that it was simply always around?

Nah. That's literally unbelievable.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Evolution is an indisputable scientific fact, and it has been observed in nauture, under laboratory conditions and in the fossil records. It happens, and has happened over millions of years. This is simply undeniable now.

Has anyone ever observed an omniscient, omnipotent, all-loving god be created? Arguments that a god did everything simply begs the question as to what created your god? Are we to believe that it was simply always around?

I mean FFS, if some omniscient, omnipotent, all-loving being is really there then why does it make itself so inaccessible?

It defeats the entire purpose.

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2004
Grand Finals
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Rafael Nadal
Arguments that a god did everything simply begs the question as to what created your god? Are we to believe that it was simply always around?

Mass is just condensed energy, energy can neither be created nor be destroyed. It just is. Leaving institutionalized bs out, time in reality doesn't exist. It's abstract and the same time relative. Time is a coordinate It answers to the question: when? (It is a temporal coordinate besides spatial coordinate ) These temporal and spatial coordinates have to answer to questions: when? and where? for every physical event. our temporal velocity determines the speed at which atomic, biological and mechanical processes occur and as I said earlier in this thread, our temporal velocity is inversely proportional to our spatial velocity. This is why clocks tick slower the faster you move through space. Not just our wall clocks but our biological clocks as well. We actually age slower.

In higher dimensions, time doesn't exist. At all. Yes how can i prove it to you? I can't in a lab, however if you read string theory, it sheds some light on it.

Aug 31, 2008
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Nuggets
I mean FFS, if some omniscient, omnipotent, all-loving being is really there then why does it make itself so inaccessible?

I defeats the entire purpose.

But faith... Isn't that the right answer? Isn't that what we are told?

I mean it makes perfect sense that an all-loving, all-knowing god that just wants us to spend eternity up in the sky with him if only we just believed, would provide literally no evidence of his existence. Let alone a clue, a sign or a vague indication of his existence.

It makes even more sense that this all-loving god would banish us to the hell he created, to be tortured forever in fire by the devil (his creation***), if we but commit the most unforgivable sin of not believing... Despite the fact this god would know all of our thoughts even before we had them. In fact he always knew our thoughts since the non-beginning of time (given he's been around forever). He knows why we aren't convinced and has always known this, but still decided to do nothing about it and let us go through and act out this whole charade called life.

*** This devil that is supposedly his arch-enemy, one that he could banish at any time with a click of his imaginary fingers, if he could be but slightly bothered.

A devil that we are told wants to torture us for eternity. One that would simply love to do nasty things to us forever... Meaning that this all-loving god is essentially doing exactly what the devil wants - by providing literally no evidence of his existence, let alone countering all of the overwhelming evidence that shyts all over the stories in the bible from an outrageous height. And then banishing us for not believing.

When you actually think about it this all-powerful and loving god is actually working for the devil. Wrap your head around that one.

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club

Why would this being even instill a doubt that required faith?

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.

I mean it makes perfect sense that an all-loving, all-knowing god that just wants us to spend eternity up in the sky with him if only we just believed, would provide literally no evidence of his existence. Let alone a clue, a sign or a vague indication of his existence.

It makes even more sense that this all-loving god would banish us to the hell he created, to be tortured forever in fire by the devil (his creation***), if we but commit the most unforgivable sin of not believing... Despite the fact this god would know all of our thoughts even before we had them. In fact he always knew our thoughts since the non-beginning of time (given he's been around forever). He knows why we aren't convinced and has always known this, but still decided to do nothing about it and let us go through and act out this whole charade called life.

*** This devil that is supposedly his arch-enemy, one that he could banish at any time with a click of his imaginary fingers, if he could be but slightly bothered.

A devil that we are told wants to torture us for eternity. One that would simply love to do nasty things to us forever... Meaning that this all-loving god is essentially doing exactly what the devil wants - by providing literally no evidence of his existence, let alone countering all of the overwhelming evidence that shyts all over the stories in the bible from an outrageous height. And then banishing us for not believing.

When you actually think about it this all-powerful and loving god is actually working for the devil. Wrap your head around that one.
Who would have thought you would go to hell for eternity if you were a drunk, fornicator, idolater, thief, atheist, homosexual, liar or adulterer. Looks like I'm cactus, I've been involved in a few of those activities.

I'll see all you heathens there.:fire::fire::fire::fire: I think I'd rather go to the version with the 72 virgins if I have a choice when I get there.

I'll go straight to the 2nd basement level thanks Satan.

chelseacarlton

BLUE it's the Magic Number
10k Posts Sensible Type Chess Club Member Pantskyle
Apr 13, 2008
So Frang
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
The Anti-Theists
Who would have thought you would go to hell for eternity if you were a drunk, fornicator, idolater, thief, atheist, homosexual, liar or adulterer. Looks like I'm cactus, I've been involved in a few of those activities.

I'll see all you heathens there.:fire::fire::fire::fire: I think I'd rather go to the version with the 72 virgins if I have a choice when I get there.

I'll go straight to the 2nd basement level thanks Satan.
Lunch is on me mate!👍

JW Frogen

Premiership Player
Nov 29, 2004
Australia
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
I do.

God's real name is Gerald, he is three billion years old and he lives in the basement of his mother who is known as Momma Time.

Friday is pizza night together.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
I don't doubt that this interpretation of Freeman is open to the layperson to access in that manner, and I have previously pointed out that theoretical physicists are in the business of engaging in all manner of thought experimentation.

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2004
Grand Finals
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Rafael Nadal
I don't doubt that this interpretation of Freeman is open to the layperson to access in that manner, and I have previously ponted out that theoretical physicists are in the business of engaging in all manner of thought experimentation.

His words were straight forward and it's not just him who stated that, Penrose, Wheeler, Bohm, Bohrs, Heisenberg etc et all stated the same, but i will spare you before you cry woo (and i don't wish to engage in another debate) and in the end Freeman did address that, when he said electrons make a conscious choice, he said in the end " I don't say that this personal theology is supported or proved by scientific evidence. I only say that it is consistent with scientific evidence.". His book was really a fascinating read.

Rich might want to read Freeman's book before accusing Deepak of lying.

Freeman's actual words
That is to say, I think our consciousness is not just a passive epiphenomenon carried along by the chemical events in our brains, but is an active agent forcing the molecular complexes to make choices between one quantum state and another.

In other words, mind is already inherent in every electron, and the processes of human consciousness differ only in degree but not in kind from the processes of choice between quantum states which we call "chance" when they are made by electrons."

This is precisely what i stated a million times in this thread.

Rich should really stick to his subject. Deepak might be a moron, but he was spot on here, he was merely quoting Freeman.

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2004
Grand Finals
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Rafael Nadal
You are referring to theoretical physics mental gymnastics are truths again.
I don't say that this personal theology is supported or proved by scientific evidence. I only say that it is consistent with scientific evidence.

Freeman

Tell us if you know more about science than Freeman? i assume you do?

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Dyson freeman says its consistent with scientific evidence, you are saying it isn't. Whom shall we believe?

I like it how you cherry pick theoretical physics for your own quasi-religious purposes, and then try to turn this in to a contest between the scientist you have selected and me.

This is straight out of page one of the Chopra playbook.

Aug 19, 2004
Grand Finals
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Rafael Nadal
I like it how you cherry pick theoretical physics for your own quasi-religious purposes, and then try to turn this in to a contest between the scientist you have selected and me.

This is straight out of page one of the Chopra playbook.

What religious purpose? i am not religious, i don't follow any religion and i am not misinterpreting anything. Freeman did say there is more to consciousness than just chemical reactions, this is undeniable, he admitted it several times. You like dawkins is making a statement without reading his book. Typical.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
What religious purpose? i am not religious, i don't follow any religion and i am not misinterpreting anything.

Are you claiming that you are not, or have not, been an invested adherent of eastern mysticism?

Freeman did say there is more to consciousness than just chemical reactions, this is undeniable, he admitted it several times. You like dawkins is making a statement without reading his book. Typical.

It's absolutely deniable, and I would counter that a biologist is better academically placed than a theoretical physicist to discuss consciousness.

Aug 19, 2004
Grand Finals
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Rafael Nadal
Are you claiming that you are not, or have not, been an invested adherent of eastern mysticism?

I am not "invested" in anything, outside of my own mind/body relationship. Meditation is simple a "technique", it's not "knowledge" of anything. You don't grow a pair of horns cause of it nor you speak to god or find god with it. Maybe you want to give it a try sometime Snakey? worst case you will have health benefits :)

Aug 19, 2004
Grand Finals
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Rafael Nadal
You have typically diverted off course when placed under pressure again.

you said i am invested in this and that..pray tell when have i ever advocated that this is the "truth"? i have said a million times in this very thread not to believe in what i am saying. So how am i advocating for anything? i am no one to tell you how/what "nature" is. It's not possible to explain, at all. It can only be experienced and it's just a technique (meditation)

Aug 19, 2004
Grand Finals
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Rafael Nadal
Lots of research about meditation, it's great to see science is finally paying some long overdue attention to what used to be pseudoscience not so long ago.

Neuroscientist Richard Davidson scanned the minds of prominent meditators (i.e., people who had meditated up to 62,000 hours in their lifetime). He found that meditation altered their brains' ability to produce gamma waves – quickly oscillating waves associated with attention and memory – significantly more than the average person.

When super meditators were asked to focus on compassion, for example, their gamma levels jumped 700-800 percent. These effects weren't limited to when they meditated, either. Their gamma brainwaves were always heightened.

Daniel Goleman, who coauthored Altered Traits with Davidson, told Big Think: "We have to assume that the special state of consciousness that you see in the highest-level meditators is a lot like something described in the classical meditation literatures centuries ago, which is that there is a state of being which is not like our ordinary state."

Back