Society/Culture Nobody has anything new to say about God.

Remove this Banner Ad

Take care of the small details, and the big things will take care of themselves

xM_qAS9ebU47e9Fwx0MvEhAls37Z27IypmGiM2KhbcmTocCAydafKljTwwkABvYb57i_HsVIoIMwPs0U-nCUbTXnPQBvoSHa5rD_gKQQNmQ0ND0haOy4lFz42rA=s0-d

Last edited:

What else do you call a figure that isn't real?

Do you mean to say figure-head?....Or are you confused between a figment of one's imagination maybe?

Metaphor & the attempted encapsulation of the invisible through abstract concepts can be difficult, I agree.....However, as creatures of consciousness we are indeed capable of grasping them nonetheless.....Even if only on the psychical, abstract plane of being....But that is after all, what enables us to manifest mind over matter...The creative process itself, through the active imagination, in shaping the material world to our advantage.

And the source of that creative process itself we refer to as the God-head....Like it, or lump it.

Do you mean to say figure-head?....Or are you confused between a figment of one's imagination maybe?

Metaphor & the attempted encapsulation of the invisible through abstract concepts can be difficult, I agree.....However, as creatures of consciousness we are indeed capable of grasping them nonetheless.....Even if only on the psychical, abstract plane of being....But that is after all, what enables us to manifest mind over matter...The creative process itself, through the active imagination, in shaping the material world to our advantage.

And the source of that creative process itself we refer to as the God-head....Like it, or lump it.
Problem being organised religion has done a lot of damage to the "concept" of god, characterising it as a separate being that loves us, judges us and cares for us. The problem is when you characterise Christ (for example) as a miracle working son of god spirituality goes out of the window and in comes the "figure" of god. I don't blame him for lumping it together, how many of em catholics would understand the symbolisms and mythologies in religion?

Which God we talkin' about here? A generic omnipotent being or any one of the thousands of gods who have faded in an out of history?

Which God we talkin' about here? A generic omnipotent being or any one of the thousands of gods who have faded in an out of history?

That's open to interpretation obviously.....Including the singular/plurality aspect.

I'd argue for a unity in the diversity, as most philosophers have throughout history.....Of A definitive psychic pattern that aligns with our human nature.

The human need for a God/Gods seems inescapable....Even where that God becomes warped & twisted into the fixation upon material prosperity & the almighty $$$.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Profound, but technically meaningless.

Physical processes (or the effects of such) shape the world, and not to our advantage in the slightest. We are not created with any purpose in mind, we are a parasite which grows on a host body, clings to it and eventually over-runs it.

Figure-heads are real, the gods are figments of one's imagination, used to explain things that our tiny human minds can't comprehend.

Physical processes (or the effects of such) shape the world, and not to our advantage in the slightest. We are not created with any purpose in mind, we are a parasite which grows on a host body, clings to it and eventually over-runs it.

Inspirational & ultimately ennobling stuff indeed.....Darwinian Nihilism delineated.

How come people heard all things directly from God back in the day frequently enough that they could fill books, but nowadays God is suspiciously quiet and doesn't really talk to anyone... No new books or info at all?

You don't visit Christian bookshops or go to Evangelical church meetings then, I see.

But I guess what I am asking is why don't we have like 28 new Bible books considering how many were pumped out back in the day?

Biblical scholarship is every bit as extensive and flourishing today as it ever was.....They just don't have a monopoly anymore is all.....Competition & diversity in the market-place, pushes such things into the background; Unless one is directly involved within those specific circles, then such things merely blend into the background.

There must be 5 or 6 biblical channels on pay-Tv alone.....It's there if you look for it or your interested....Just google away & you'll find plenty.

Biblical scholarship is every bit as extensive and flourishing today as it ever was.....They just don't have a monopoly anymore is all.....Competition & diversity in the market-place, pushes such things into the background; Unless one is directly involved within those specific circles, then such things merely blend into the background.

There must be 5 or 6 biblical channels on pay-Tv alone.....It's there if you look for it or your interested....Just google away & you'll find plenty.
I think And_ROOS may be looking for a from the horses mouth updated version of the bible/koran not yet another interpretation from a homo sapien.

[QUOTE="Procrastinator35, post: 51501066, member:The human need for a God/Gods seems inescapable....Even where that God becomes warped & twisted into the fixation upon material prosperity & the almighty $$$.[/QUOTE]

I've escaped it. The judeo/christian God is a pretty warped and twisted one i'd argue.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back