Society/Culture Nobody has anything new to say about God.

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
It never ceases to amaze me as to how much activity these "god" threads get. I equate it with gay rights and racism threads. Redundant.

From time to time I look at the numbers of responses and peek inside assuming that there must be something interesting/revelatory going on.

But there never is.

• Banned
It never ceases to amaze me as to how much activity these "god" threads get. I equate it with gay rights and racism threads. Redundant.

From time to time I look at the numbers of responses and peek inside assuming that there must be something interesting/revelatory going on.

But there never is.
LGBT people actually exist and are a natural part of our species though. Where as I have never seen any substantive proof for the existence of an omnipresent, all seeing, all knowing, judgmental, interventionist creator who provides a residence for our supposed soul on our physical death.

That prayer seems to be damning organized religion as an "inward occupation" that distracts or "absorbs" us. That's what I read into it anyway.

I'd of thought organized religion to be more of an external orientation that distracts us from the inner light of truth....Being inwardly absorbed means less of the self is invested in external distractions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The SRP board these days is just one big anti-theist circlejerk. I remember back in the day we had more religious people posting their thoughts and opinions. A succession of atheist mods from 2009 or so onwards who were quick to hand out cards to those who went against the grain likely scared them off, or they too became atheist. Now this board is just a group of neck beards giving each other gobbies.

The SRP board these days is just one big anti-theist circlejerk. I remember back in the day we had more religious people posting their thoughts and opinions. A succession of atheist mods from 2009 or so onwards who were quick to hand out cards to those who went against the grain likely scared them off, or they too became atheist. Now this board is just a group of neck beards giving each other gobbies.
Enlight1.jpg
We all have secrets,some are just more apparent than others!

View attachment 372868
We all have secrets,some are just more apparent than others!

Freiherr Adolph Franz Friedrich Ludwig Knigge (16 October 1752 – 6 May 1796) was a German writer, Freemason, and a leading member of the Order of the Illuminati.

He accused Weishaupt (founder of the Order of the Illuminati) of "Jesuitism", and suspected him of being "a Jesuit in disguise" (Nachtr., I, 129).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adolph_Freiherr_Knigge

Catholic Encyclopedia entry on "Illuminati"

Here's your best versus ours.

I suppose it takes a fundy literal Creationist nutter to make Dawkins look intelligent....No arguments here.
Yes mate.
Dawkins is dumb and you are a world famous peerless Evolutionary Biologist etc
I look forward to buying a t-shirt at your next sold out public speaking event!
Oh wait,your a peerless nobody on an footy forum with questionable persuasions and stuck on your inner journey,whilst reality clearly passes you by!

Yes mate.
Dawkins is dumb and you are a world famous peerless Evolutionary Biologist etc
I look forward to buying a t-shirt at your next sold out public speaking event!
Oh wait,your a peerless nobody on an footy forum with questionable persuasions and stuck on your inner journey,whilst reality clearly passes you by!

Correct....Dawkins is good at biology....And that's what he should stick to, instead of making a proper twat out of himself, in a field in which he has zero expertise.

Correct....Dawkins is good at biology....And that's what he should stick to, instead of making a proper twat out of himself, in a field in which he has zero expertise.
So you agree with the theory of evolution then? oh no wait, you know more about biology too it seems. There's nothing stopping you from being an expert in everything, amirite bro? :drunk:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back