Society/Culture Nobody has anything new to say about God.

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm a fan of Joe Rogan's Podcasts and just spotted this one from a couple of years ago and thought it may be relevant/discussion worthy to this thread. Warning- Some profanity contained therein.

Nice how they expose materialism for the sham that it is.

But I’m not sure when Russell references to trying to find an inner self can be done without believing in a higher presence, particularly during times of suffering. Interesting discussion regardless, I like Rogan.

Good to know we are mostly in agreement Janus :) ..enjoyed your post.

Regarding past life recollection, i will PM you something later on, trolls are lurking here.

Keep posting here.

Bible interpretstions are way more interesting than "you dumb dumb, you believe in fairytales "

Ignore the trolls

Science police! you are more like Avi Yemini and that even the light version. I would reckon a scientist would be able to know what theoretical physics or mathematics is. Your pseudo intellect is for everyone to see here 2 pages ago, however there is no point in engaging with a "self acclaimed" scientist like you.

Science police! you are more like Avi Yemini and that even the light version. I would reckon a scientist would be able to know what theoretical physics or mathematics is. Your pseudo intellect is for everyone to see here 2 pages ago, however there is no point in engaging with a "self acclaimed" scientist like you.

upload_2018-12-5_0-11-50.png

Yeah, the three of you can piss off and start your own unicorn thread somewhere else.

This one's dedicated to exposing charlatanism.

If you promise to stay out of said thread, i think i will. Am over your memes.

How anyone could think dumbarse memes are more interesting that Total Power (and others) thoughtful and interesting posts are beyond me.

If you promise to stay out of said thread, i think i will. Am over your memes.

How anyone could think dumbarse memes are more interesting that Total Power (and others) thoughtful and interesting posts are beyond me.

1) Go forth and sprinkle glitter with my blessings.
2) Don't really care for your opinions in this thread as you're a lightweight competing out of your division..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As well as being a fan of Joe Rogan and Russell Brand I am also a fan of people like Carl Sagan, Neil deGrasse Tyson, David Goggins, Wim Hof, Brian Cox, Bill Hicks, Jaggi Vasudev, Christopher Hitchens etc.. etc.. That does not mean I share all of their opinions but I try to be open minded to all possibilities. I agree with Total Power in that you have to experience to know, you can believe but that is not the same as knowing.

Science is fantastic but it obviously does not know everything there is to know about this thing we call reality at this moment in time otherwise there would be no need for further exploration, a great scientist IMO is open minded, curious, passionate and willing to admit they do not know. You only have to go back a few hundred years and see what we knew then and then extrapolate a few hundred years into the future and contemplate what are the possibilities re further knowledge to realize that we here in the early 21st century in all probability will be looked backed on in the future as very backward, ignorant and Neanderthal like in our understanding of reality.

As well as being a fan of Joe Rogan and Russell Brand I am also a fan of people like Carl Sagan, Neil deGrasse Tyson, David Goggins, Wim Hof, Brian Cox, Bill Hicks, Jaggi Vasudev, Christopher Hitchens etc.. etc.. That does not mean I share all of their opinions but I try to be open minded to all possibilities. I agree with Total Power in that you have to experience to know, you can believe but that is not the same as knowing.

Science is fantastic but it obviously does not know everything there is to know about this thing we call reality at this moment in time otherwise there would be no need for further exploration, a great scientist IMO is open minded, curious, passionate and willing to admit they do not know. You only have to go back a few hundred years and see what we knew then and then extrapolate a few hundred years into the future and contemplate what are the possibilities re further knowledge to realize that we here in the early 21st century in all probability will be looked backed on in the future as very backward, ignorant and Neanderthal like in our understanding of reality.

Very well said, Jason.

I actually dispute that physicists are best placed than "any philosopher" as to what is plausible and what is not. The greater physics community is still hell bent on fashioning its theories around an automatic universe that has no reason for existence. The reality is, that all that physics can do, without recognition of an 'other' outside of physics, is to analyse a sub-set of the whole, which is ultimately open to the application of beliefs, either by an individual, or a community.

Conversely, there are those who have for millennia, engaged in their own experiments that will one day need to tie in with materialist physics, have long advised us that the 'other' that materialistic science is missing out on, is a conscious field of existence that we are all intimately connected to, because ultimately, all we are is that greater awareness field! This include renowned names like Planck, Bohrs, Bohm, Schrodinger, Heisenberg, Einstein, Wheeler, Kaku, Tesla etc.

I would rather view historical figures, such as Siddhartha Gautama, not as philosophers, but rather consciousness scientists. The fields of physics and consciousness science need to marry up, which they are now doing, although remain in the margins and progress is slow.

My exception in this thread came from ridiculous claim that science (which it doesn't claim to be) is interested in the "truth", but as Bohm said, you can only experience it in finite ways by observing it. From a gnostic perspective, one cannot experience truth via intellectual observation, which is why the intellect needs to be rested through transcendental meditation.

I agree with Total Power in that you have to experience to know, you can believe but that is not the same as knowing.

The same rationale applies to a full blown LSD experience.

I can't comment on LSD as I haven't experienced it, although I've inhaled DMT which did virtually zero for me.

Take a proper hit.

I can't comment on LSD as I haven't experienced it, although I've inhaled DMT which did virtually zero for me.

You can alter your state of conscious many ways, but not all are beneficial or real. Meditation alters the structure of the brain. Also LSD experiences are not uniform. Means if i take LSD, i could be singing raggae with Bob Marley in Jamaica or rooting Heidi Klum in a state of bliss lol. Meditation repeats the same experience, regardless of race/color/creed/religion. Meditation has long last health benefits too, read the harvard experiment of meditative monks! that's been one of the more remarkable stuff where the monks slowed down the metabolism by 64% percent and control the body temperature under extreme weather.

The findings are still medically astounding. If you control your mind, you control your body. Go visit Sikkim once, you will see the meditative power of the monks, they can sit and meditate for 24 hours straight! yep...even more.

Meditation was woo woo some 50 years ago, science is only coming to terms with it recently. Still brain scans and EEG's can only tell you so much, the real experience is nothing LSD like

https://news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/2002/04/meditation-changes-temperatures/

The researchers also made measurements on practitioners of other forms of advanced meditation in Sikkim, India. They were astonished to find that these monks could lower their metabolism by 64 percent. “It was an astounding, breathtaking [no pun intended] result,” Benson exclaims.

To put that decrease in perspective, metabolism, or oxygen consumption, drops only 10-15 percent in sleep and about 17 percent during simple meditation. Benson believes that such a capability could be useful for space travel. Travelers might use meditation to ease stress and oxygen consumption on long flights to other planets.

In 1985, the meditation team made a video of monks drying cold, wet sheets with body heat. They also documented monks spending a winter night on a rocky ledge 15,000 feet high in the Himalayas. The sleep-out took place in February on the night of the winter full moon when temperatures reached zero degrees F. Wearing only woolen or cotton shawls, the monks promptly fell asleep on the rocky ledge, They did not huddle together and the video shows no evidence of shivering. They slept until dawn then walked back to their monastery.

Last edited:
You can alter your state of conscious many ways, but not all are beneficial or real. Meditation alters the structure of the brain. Also LSD experiences are not uniform. Means if i take LSD, i could be singing raggae with Bob Marley in Jamaica or rooting Heidi Klum in a state of bliss lol. Meditation repeats the same experience, regardless of race/color/creed/religion. Meditation has long last health benefits too, read the harvard experiment of meditative monks! that's been one of the more remarkable stuff where the monks slowed down the metabolism by 64% percent and control the body temperature under extreme weather.

The findings are still medically astounding. If you control your mind, you control your body. Go visit Sikkim once, you will see the meditative power of the monks, they can sit and meditate for 24 hours straight! yep...even more.

Meditation was woo woo some 50 years ago, science is only coming to terms with it recently. Still brain scans and EEG's can only tell you so much, the real experience is nothing LSD like

https://news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/2002/04/meditation-changes-temperatures/

The researchers also made measurements on practitioners of other forms of advanced meditation in Sikkim, India. They were astonished to find that these monks could lower their metabolism by 64 percent. “It was an astounding, breathtaking [no pun intended] result,” Benson exclaims.

To put that decrease in perspective, metabolism, or oxygen consumption, drops only 10-15 percent in sleep and about 17 percent during simple meditation. Benson believes that such a capability could be useful for space travel. Travelers might use meditation to ease stress and oxygen consumption on long flights to other planets.

In 1985, the meditation team made a video of monks drying cold, wet sheets with body heat. They also documented monks spending a winter night on a rocky ledge 15,000 feet high in the Himalayas. The sleep-out took place in February on the night of the winter full moon when temperatures reached zero degrees F. Wearing only woolen or cotton shawls, the monks promptly fell asleep on the rocky ledge, They did not huddle together and the video shows no evidence of shivering. They slept until dawn then walked back to their monastery.
Wim Hof.

Yeah more woo woo. lol Meditation has amazing benefits to both mind and body. Its funny cause the flag bearers of truth never bothered to research only until a few decades ago. It was woo woo for them before.

https://www.wimhofmethod.com/meditation-exercises

Wim Hof method is nothing but Pranayama. Been known to the ancient Indians for 10,000 years.
Yer, I've been looking into Wim Hof for a month or so now and have been following some of his methods ie. breathing/cold therapy/exercise.

The other guy I stumbled on who I like is Peter Russell on meditation, his method and this short video really struck a cord with me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back