Society/Culture Nobody has anything new to say about God.

Remove this Banner Ad

Excuse me while I clean up this little accident on the rug...

Let's continue with the next two cards of the major arcana:

2 - High Priestess - Keter (Crown) to Tiphareth (Beauty)

The ideal of the 'sacred feminine' comes from the concept of the mystery of the female energies. This is the gatekeeper of the holy to the most holy, and a long time ago - long before there was such a thing as property and ownership rights and society went down a patriarchal path - it was the women who were in control of the religious festivities because they were in control of who they chose to sleep with on the night of the full moon. If The Fool is the card of Eve - unaware of the concept of good and evil, and the Magician is the card of Adam - seeking to exert dominion and control over the physical plane, then this is the card of Lilith - that which uses sex rites to ascend to the divine. In the Kabbalah, Lilith is seen as a demoness because she refused to be sexually subservient to Adam, but this is a corruption of the true nature of the Tarot in order to facilitate an oppressive religious system. It is only through a blending of the male force (the Magician) and the female force (the Fool) in pure sexual union that reaches the divine (the High Priestess) that one can reach enlightenment.

3 - The Empress - Binah (Understanding) to Chokhmah (Wisdom)

This is the card of Semiramis - mother of Nimrod - the amazonian warrior queen. In this card, the Empress is depicted as having a crown of 12 stars - representing her dominion over the 12 signs of the Zodiac, and how it is only through a combination of wisdom and understanding that life is created - knowing at what time seed should be planted in the womb in order to reach maturity was the dominion of the female members of the tribe, who used the lunar cycle to ascertain when they would be most fertile.

It is no surprise that the mother of the Emperor - King Solomon - in Bathsheba used this arcane knowledge to fall pregnant to King David. The ability to bear children gives the female power, so it requires a balance of the High Priestess - the acceptance of spiritual responsibility - to transcend to the divine.

(Edit: Originally I had this as being the Emperor card (a mistake on my part). The concept of creation is the same, but it is of creation of life rather than one of action)

The High Priestess and the Empress teach us that the path to the divine rests in the marriage of spiritual life and physical life. It is no coincidence that these are the two cards that form the cross on which Christ was crucified - Beauty to Crown, Wisdom to Understanding. Sacrificing his physical life (Empress) so as to attain a spiritual one (High Priestess).

Last edited:
47434115_2279772452046692_5260855284242317312_n.jpg

4 - The Emperor - Chokhmah (Wisdom) to Tiphareth (Beauty)

The card of King Solomon, the Emperor represents the attributes of divine justice, perfectly balancing both the intuitive, internal, feminine reasoning of Wisdom with the exquisite Beauty of love for both our fellow man and for the Divine. In traditional Tarot, this card is said to represent order, power and control, and it gives off a very domineering vibe - as if to counter the female aspects of the High Priestess and the Empress. But the reality is that the symbology of this card - the ram adorned throne (which is the symbol of Aries - the first sign of the Zodiac), the ankh and the globe are all representations of new life and new beginnings. The Emperor is the one who creates...but with that creation comes responsibility...and without the rejection of ego and the ability to break the cycle, we may be doomed to echo the words of Solomon: "Everything is meaningless."

This card shows that while our feminine aspect might give birth to new creation, it is only through our masculine aspect that we are given the seeds required to begin the process of transmuting our thoughts into action.

5 - The Hierophant - Chokhmah (Wisdom) to Chesed (Mercy)

Traditionally depicted in religious paraphernalia, and sometimes referred to as the Pope, the Hierophant is representative of the High Priest of Israel, standing between the pillars of Jachin and Boaz (the actual pillars in Solomon's temple, not the symbolic ones of the Tarot). But unlike the High Priestess, who guards entry to the curtain between the Holy and the Most Holy, the Hierophant stands outside the temple gate, blocking access to the Divine as one of the 5 cards that represent the Abyss between the physical plane and the spiritual plane.

"Go, therefore, and learn what this means - I want mercy and not sacrifice." This is what Christ told the religious leaders of his day, and the application of this to this card and where it sits in the tree of life should be apparent. This card is not about religious tradition, but about learning what those traditions actually represented. It wasn't the ritualised washing of the hands that made one clean in the sight of Divine, but the application of wisdom to grant mercy, or loving-kindness. This is why organised religion, on the whole, is the great harlot of Revelation, whoring itself out to political systems in a quest for power.

Both the Emperor and the Hierophant show us that power must be balanced with the feminine qualities of love and mercy.

DMT is another. If you take DMT chances are you will understand there is more going on than what we see. Definitely makes you spiritual. I was on the fence before experiencing DMT now having consumed it many times (and having DMT experiences that cannot be put into words) I have no doubt there is more to this existence than just living and dying.
As someone well versed in the hallucinogenic world I would say it's far more likely that the chemical compounds in DMT, LSD and psilocybin just simply cause you to trip enormous amounts of balls rather than proof of any spiritual existence outside of what we see and experience.

Nevertheless it is still a lot of fun and highly recommended for anyone with the mental capacity (which isn't everyone). It certainly does change your perspective on the way you treat family and friends and the relationship you have with them.

No god is a dead beat dad.. I just wanted to put that out there just to see what would happen..

“God is a kid with an ant farm, lady. He’s not planning anything.”

A quick word on the left and right hand paths of the Tarot - the Pillar of Jachin and the Pillar of Boaz.

These are not mystical symbols...they are representations of the Autonomous Nervous System (instinct) and the Central Nervous System (critical thinking). That is why the path on the left is one of self-service (power, understanding) whereas the path on the right is one of self-denial (mercy, wisdom).

The middle path is to deny both and to harmonise with the universe - as water takes the shape of the vessel it is poured into, those on the middle path seek a balance where pain and pleasure are meaningless. But without a sense of self, we deny our divinity to become an impartial observer of the cosmic dance.

It is possible to harmonise all three paths into a single life and gain immortality.

"Bloody hell Jeffery! I created the entire planet out of s**t I found floating around in space! These little muppets haven't even found the other universes I made on a Saturday night for fun! Send in the ******* tornado!"

If you want an idea what the Gnostic Demiurge is like, this would be it.

Back to the Tree of Life and the Tarot :)

6 - The Lovers - Binah (Understanding) to Tiphareth (Beauty)

When one looks at this card, it's easy to get the impression of Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden, with the Tree of Life and the Tree of Knowledge in the background. And for many, this card represents romantic love or the choice one has to make when selecting a partner - or even choices in general. But when we apply esoteric knowledge to it, the meaning is deepened.

According to Kabbalists, the Tree of Life and the Tree of Knowledge were the exact same tree. What was being symbolically denied was the knowledge of the ability for man to exist forever without the life force that came from the divine - basically, immortality...which is what this is all about. So when we look at this card, it is not a simple choice of partners or even love, but the rejection of eternity inside of the love of the divine for the chance of immortality outside it. It was a rejection of the dependence of man on the divine for the desire of love without reward. It is the point where we understand the beauty of our mortality, which makes every choice we make an important one. Something given for free is considered worthless...but something earned...that's worth reaching for.

7 - The Chariot - Binah (Understanding) to Geburah (Power)

In the Book of Ezekiel, we are introduced to a vision of the celestial chariot - a vehicle that can move in any direction in an instant so that no matter the obstacle it will always continue forward. In most decks, the chariot is pulled by either two horses or, if it is a traditional deck, two Egyptian sphinx - one black and one white (signifying, you guessed it, the Pillars of Jachin and Boaz). Sphinx were associated with the entrance to temples, so if the Hierophant is the card that welcomes us in to the temple, the Chariot is the card that keeps us on our toes and makes sure that we have an appreciation for what we are asking for. It is only through an understanding of what we are trying to achieve that we will receive the power necessary to complete the task successfully.

There can be no room for doubt if we want to rise up to the godhead, and if we encounter an obstacle, it is not a setback, but a hurdle to jump over. Remember, the answer to the riddle of the Sphinx was 'man'...so all the power we need is contained within ourselves if we just look for it.

The cards of the Lovers and the Chariot tell us that what is truly worth anything in this world is what is worth fighting and dying for.

As someone well versed in the hallucinogenic world I would say it's far more likely that the chemical compounds in DMT, LSD and psilocybin just simply cause you to trip enormous amounts of balls rather than proof of any spiritual existence outside of what we see and experience.

Nevertheless it is still a lot of fun and highly recommended for anyone with the mental capacity (which isn't everyone). It certainly does change your perspective on the way you treat family and friends and the relationship you have with them.

You haven't had enough. I am not trying to be arrogant but you cannot go completely under in a DMT trip or mushrooms for that matter, see what you see and come out going that was just me tripping balls.

LSD is mild in comparison and i understand this wouldn't change ones spiritual perspective. It is helpful in changing your perspective due to ots ability to build new neural pathways but all you will see are the leaves on trees breathing etc.

You get information from plants and humans have been using this for millenia. Also, there's alot of similarities in DMT experiences. I am skeptical of anyone who.claims to have smoked enough DMT to experience a full DMT trip and claim "yeah i was just tripping". "This is all matter and exactly what i see now is all there is to see"

Bullshit, DMT lifts the curtains to something.

Ditto mushrooms but if you take high quantities of those the experience is harsh and other worldly.

Last edited:

This is hilarious, in a thread titled "nothing new to say about god", posters are engaging (fking finally) with new discussions about god.

However these conversations are shunned by the morons who are incapable of any discussion beyond "Christians dumb dumb"

"Science, yeah yeah mate, i science good".

See above 2 posts, SB is complaining about Total Power etc derailing this thread (with an actual conversation) ffs

I guess if this board is about memes and "ROLF" ing then TP etc are derailing this thread.

As i said SB is by far and away the biggest contributor to these threads and is intent on derailing every discussion into the ground. It is like he is deliberately attempting to ruin this board.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is hilarious, in a thread titled "nothing new to say about god", posters are engaging (fking finally) with new discussions about god.

However these conversations are shunned by the morons who are incapable of any discussion beyond "Christians dumb dumb"

"Science, yeah yeah mate, i science good".

See above 2 posts, SB is complaining about Total Power etc derailing this thread (with an actual conversation) ffs

I guess if this board is about memes and "ROLF" ing then TP etc are derailing this thread.

As i said SB is by far and away the biggest contributor to these threads and is intent on derailing every discussion into the ground. It is like he is deliberately attempting to ruin this board.
Don’t you just love these people telling you you haven’t done enough drugs. I don’t think there’s a more pretentious statement.

I’m afraid, Nicky, your drug-fuelled dreams are not proof of any other-worldly activities. Hallucinogens, you see, cause hallucinations.

Don’t you just love these people telling you you haven’t done enough drugs. I don’t think there’s a more pretentious statement.

I’m afraid, Nicky, your drug-fuelled dreams are not proof of any other-worldly activities. Hallucinogens, you see, cause hallucinations.

Ok, i am all cool to take your word over my experience. Thanks for the reset.

Rainy day here in beautiful Brisbane so I've been doing a lot of net surfing and reading, Luciferianism might be the way to go:shoutyoldman::think::huh:. I'd be interested in Total Power and Janus s views as they've more than likely studied it more than I.

Sometimes mistakenly associated with Satanism due to the Christian interpretation of the fallen angel, Luciferianism is a wholly different belief system[26] and does not revere the devil figure or most characteristics typically affixed to Satan. Rather, Lucifer in this context is seen as one of many morning stars, a symbol of enlightenment,[27] independence, and human progression, and is often used interchangeably with similar figures from a range of ancient beliefs, such as the Greek titan Prometheus or the Jewish Talmudic figure Lilith.

Luciferians generally support the protection of the natural world. Both the arts and sciences are crucial to human development and thus both are cherished. Luciferians think that humans should be focused on this life and how to make the most of it every single day. The ability to recognize both good and evil, to accept that all actions have both positive and negative consequences, and to actively influence one's environment is a key factor.

The Luciferian philosophy in recent years has been defined in a collective foundation, known as the "11 Luciferian Points of Power",[28] authored by Michael W. Ford. The basis of Luciferian philosophy cultivates and encourages individuality, self-determined choices based on strategic application and continually seeking to enhance the Will via overcoming challenges. Luciferianism is philosophically practiced with the continual cycle and process known as Liberation, Illumination and Apotheosis.

For Luciferians, enlightenment is the ultimate goal. The basic Luciferian principles highlight truth and freedom of will, worshipping the inner self and one's ultimate potential. Traditional dogma is shunned as a basis for morality on the grounds that humans should not need deities or fear of eternal punishment to distinguish right from wrong and to do good. All ideas should be tested before being accepted, and even then one should remain skeptical because knowledge and understanding are fluid. Regardless of whether Lucifer is conceived of as a deity or as a mere archetype, he is a representation of ultimate knowledge and exploration, as well as humanity's savior and a champion for continuing personal growth.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luciferianism

Luciferanism is a left-hand path on the Tree of Life. Any system that advocates things like will, individuality, enlightenment and ultimate potential - all selfish desires - without counterbalancing that with compassion, mercy and wisdom - all selfless actions that are associated with the right hand path - is always going to be doomed to failure. Because it promotes the ego above the world soul - basically, ascension to godhood without accepting the responsibilities that it entails.

Alchemists will tell you that the ego has to die first and then be reborn before the left hand path can be integrated into your life. You still need the 'black' - because without the self and desire action cannot be made manifest - but it needs to be with the thought of others in mind as well as your higher self.

There is no one belief system that will hold the answers. That's because the one belief system that held the answers has been a secret for thousands of years, told in symbolic language. The myth of Osiris, for example, is a story about the alchemical process of transformation.

You're going to have to study deeper than Wikipedia can take you for the truth IMO.

Luciferanism is a left-hand path on the Tree of Life. Any system that advocates things like will, individuality, enlightenment and ultimate potential - all selfish desires - without counterbalancing that with compassion, mercy and wisdom - all selfless actions that are associated with the right hand path - is always going to be doomed to failure. Because it promotes the ego above the world soul - basically, ascension to godhood without accepting the responsibilities that it entails.

Alchemists will tell you that the ego has to die first and then be reborn before the left hand path can be integrated into your life. You still need the 'black' - because without the self and desire action cannot be made manifest - but it needs to be with the thought of others in mind as well as your higher self.

There is no one belief system that will hold the answers. That's because the one belief system that held the answers has been a secret for thousands of years, told in symbolic language. The myth of Osiris, for example, is a story about the alchemical process of transformation.

You're going to have to study deeper than Wikipedia can take you for the truth IMO.
that is a beautiful way to think of things but sadly it is way.. way up there in the land of the imagination.. it only works when you don't push
yourself too far. and hand on heart it will always be sad..

that is a beautiful way to think of things but sadly it is way.. way up there in the land of the imagination.. it only works when you don't push
yourself too far. and hand on heart it will always be sad..

Exactly.

The problem with the world today is that we have lost our ability to imagine. To strive to want to be better expands the consciousness to places that we never dreamed are possible, and with each new world that is unlocked, the mind challenges the reality of what has come before. "If the mind believes, the body can achieve."

We are too stuck in the physical plane of thinking in binary numbers in a world of nature that is analogous.

Take a look at all the creativity, or lack thereof, that is in the world today. That is a product of the lack of imagination. Even when someone does have a flash of inspiration, it's sadly lightning in a bottle that they continually try to recapture rather than expanding into new possibilities. Or worse, it is rehashed over and over again until every last drop of inspiration has been sucked dry and people shrug their shoulders at it.

Imagination is not dreaming. It is the subconscious manifesting onto the conscious plane.

What is sad to me is the concept of a child be told that they can be anything, and so they imagine grandiose ideas...only to discover that the 'real' world doesn't work that way. Well, I say * the real world. The real world sucks - it's full of people who suck any ability to think for yourself out of you. And I'm not talking about your conspiracy whack job type of thing, but simply real creativity - whether it be creativity of thought or a physical expression of creativity - instead of processed things that have only been created to be disseminated and consumed.

If you can hold onto your ability to imagine, you really can be anything, because it will be that imagination - that connection to your higher self and who you want to be, rather than who you are - that will pull the human race back from the brink that the concept of survival of the fittest has driven us towards. This sickness of accumulation without appetite.

I'm looking for something better.

Exactly.

The problem with the world today is that we have lost our ability to imagine. To strive to want to be better expands the consciousness to places that we never dreamed are possible, and with each new world that is unlocked, the mind challenges the reality of what has come before. "If the mind believes, the body can achieve."

We are too stuck in the physical plane of thinking in binary numbers in a world of nature that is analogous.

Take a look at all the creativity, or lack thereof, that is in the world today. That is a product of the lack of imagination. Even when someone does have a flash of inspiration, it's sadly lightning in a bottle that they continually try to recapture rather than expanding into new possibilities. Or worse, it is rehashed over and over again until every last drop of inspiration has been sucked dry and people shrug their shoulders at it.

Imagination is not dreaming. It is the subconscious manifesting onto the conscious plane.

What is sad to me is the concept of a child be told that they can be anything, and so they imagine grandiose ideas...only to discover that the 'real' world doesn't work that way. Well, I say **** the real world. The real world sucks - it's full of people who suck any ability to think for yourself out of you. And I'm not talking about your conspiracy whack job type of thing, but simply real creativity - whether it be creativity of thought or a physical expression of creativity - instead of processed things that have only been created to be disseminated and consumed.

If you can hold onto your ability to imagine, you really can be anything, because it will be that imagination - that connection to your higher self and who you want to be, rather than who you are - that will pull the human race back from the brink that the concept of survival of the fittest has driven us towards. This sickness of accumulation without appetite.

I'm looking for something better.

You sound like a right laugh.

The internet, aeroplanes, induction pans, penicillin, telephones, Velcro, the compass, steel, x-rays...

Mankind is not lacking in creativity or inginuity. It sounds like you’re living in your head.

You sound like a right laugh.

The internet, aeroplanes, induction pans, penicillin, telephones, Velcro, the compass, steel, x-rays...

Mankind is not lacking in creativity or inginuity. It sounds like you’re living in your head.

Yeah...now look at the invention dates of all those things and get back to me on how creative mankind is today.

Yeah...now look at the invention dates of all those things and get back to me on how creative mankind is today.
What?! So you’re saying that all the good inventions have been and gone and nothing worthwhile is being created today?

Look at the constant exploring of the universe and sub-atomic particles. People are theorising and proving/disproving all the time.

If you could chart creativity across time it wouldn’t have changed a jot in the last 500 years. In fact, at least nowadays most parents would entertain their kids being an artist or something equally frivolous. I don’t think that was the case even 70 years ago.

What?! So you’re saying that all the good inventions have been and gone and nothing worthwhile is being created today?

Look at the constant exploring of the universe and sub-atomic particles. People are theorising and proving/disproving all the time.

If you could chart creativity across time it wouldn’t have changed a jot in the last 500 years. In fact, at least nowadays most parents would entertain their kids being an artist or something equally frivolous. I don’t think that was the case even 70 years ago.

It’s not celebrated anymore. Look at your language - art is “frivolous”.

Why does everything have to have a purpose? Why can’t something be created because we can? I’ve said this before - in a thousand years, how many of our structures will hold up as well as the structures of antiquity? None.

Imagination created the seven wonders of the ancient world. China builds a wall to keep the Mongols out and people flock to it as a marvel of engineering that has a sense of beauty behind it. It has soul.

Trump wants to build a wall to keep the Mexicans out and even if he possibly could do it, you just know it would be a disgustingly ugly monstrosity.

I’m not interested in knowledge without beauty. It’s boring, cold and sterile.

DMT is another. If you take DMT chances are you will understand there is more going on than what we see. Definitely makes you spiritual. I was on the fence before experiencing DMT now having consumed it many times (and having DMT experiences that cannot be put into words) I have no doubt there is more to this existence than just living and dying.

Ditto shrooms. If you take enough of those the experiences transcend what you experience on DMT - or up there anyway. But you need to take a lot. Not for the faint hearted because it can be somewhat terrifying.

I've had a few bad DMT experiences but mostly good. I've had an arse kicking on mushrooms, which was fking terrifying and goes for 4 hours. Unlike the 20 minute DMT experience. Acid, is good but wont take you to places shrooms and DMT will.

I'm open minded to the possibility of drugs opening people up to new experiences. But I'm skeptical about greater claims such as it 'makes you spiritual'. What do you mean by that?

You say that your DMT experiences cannot be put into words. Again, that makes me wonder whether it was just a transient experience during the period of the drug's influence, Which you can't relate to when the drug wears off. I've never tried DMT. Can you at least try to describe the experience?

It’s not celebrated anymore. Look at your language - art is “frivolous”.

Why does everything have to have a purpose? Why can’t something be created because we can? I’ve said this before - in a thousand years, how many of our structures will hold up as well as the structures of antiquity? None.

Imagination created the seven wonders of the ancient world. China builds a wall to keep the Mongols out and people flock to it as a marvel of engineering that has a sense of beauty behind it. It has soul.

Trump wants to build a wall to keep the Mexicans out and even if he possibly could do it, you just know it would be a disgustingly ugly monstrosity.

I’m not interested in knowledge without beauty. It’s boring, cold and sterile.

Talk about shifting the goalposts! You're all over the place.

You were complaining about lack of creativity in scientific discovery. It's not true. For example, we've got cheap personal drones that have found heaps of ancient ruins in Europe this year due to the hot summer. We've got several companies competing to take people into space. Smartphones are getting better all the time and the apps are fantastic. I was blown away this year when I was on holiday and Google Translate was translating foreign menus in real time.

Trump won't build the wall to keep Mexicans out. But it's interesting that you think a similar wall has 'beauty' and 'soul'. Because it was built from aesthetically pleasing materials? If Trump built a stone wall with flourishes by Carolee Schneemann presumably you would love it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back