Nobody will notice...

Remove this Banner Ad

Wayne Dwop

All Australian
Apr 16, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Melbourne Demons pair blasted for ‘unacceptable’ touching incident
After last month’s groping scandal rocked the AFL, two Melbourne Demons players have been filmed touching each other inappropriately.

Nic Savage

nic_savage1
d957f5bd6b539c131349f0036232e062

9 comments
September 20, 202012:33am

Current Time 0:07
/
Duration 1:54

NOW PLAYING
Resume

Demons under fire for touching incident
1:50
UP NEXT

AFL: Fox Footy's Tom Morris reports on an incident of inappropriate touching from Melbourne's win over Essendon on Saturday.

Six weeks after a groping scandal rocked the AFL, two more players have been caught on camera inappropriately touching each other.

During three-quarter time of Saturday’s match against the Essendon Bombers at Metricon Stadium, Melbourne Demons players Christian Petracca and Jayden Hunt were filmed touching each other while coach Simon Goodwin addressed the team.
According to Fox Sports reporter Tom Morris, Melbourne has spoken to the duo about the incident, and Petracca and Hunt have acknowledged it was inappropriate and not a good look for the club.
Watch the 2020 Toyota AFL Finals Series on Kayo with every game before the Grand Final Live & On-Demand. New to Kayo? Get your 14-day free trial & start streaming instantly >
In response to the damning footage, Western Bulldogs great Brad Johnson told Fox League: “I can’t believe we’re sitting here talking about it after everything that happened in regards to the Richmond players and the media around that.
“Now we’re seeing it again with two other players. When are they going to learn, the players?
“Just play the game, that’s all you’ve got to worry about. Play the game, play it well and get on and celebrate. None of this other stuff, it’s honestly ridiculous.”
Former Hawthorn star Jordan Lewis added: “Players need to be aware that we live in a different environment now.
“If it’s not mentioned on commentary, certainly social media will pick it up, and then when it gains traction the club and the AFL have to address it. They don’t need to be attending to these types of matters in such an important part of the year.
“Just don’t leave yourself open to this sort of criticism.”
In August, Richmond defenders Nick Vlastuin and Jayden Short were forced to apologise after vision showed the pair appearing to grope teammate Mabior Chol in the changerooms.
Tigers forward Jack Riewoldt was also filmed in a similar incident with teammate Jayden Short.

Its not an unacceptable act,

It's mates mucking around. Both were smiling and laughing. Seriously these poisonous vultures create commentary on radio, television and online about every minor thing.

The media and social media are cancer and have ruined everything.

Its not an unacceptable act,

It's mates mucking around. Both were smiling and laughing. Seriously these poisonous vultures create commentary on radio, television and online about every minor thing.

The media and social media are cancer and have ruined everything.
this was fine in the world where these were footy players playing footy, as a collective though they have pushed that these are normal workplaces and taken the advantages that come with that, but it comes with the responsibility that this sort of thing would not be acceptable out in the open at any normal workplaces

this was fine in the world where these were footy players playing footy, as a collective though they have pushed that these are normal workplaces and taken the advantages that come with that, but it comes with the responsibility that this sort of thing would not be acceptable out in the open at any normal workplaces
Absolutely untrue.

Depends on what workplace you are talking about. Enter a world where the workplace is predominantly male and this stuff happens and only the snowflakes are offended by it.

A man doing it to a woman is unacceptable but when two men piss fart around and there is a mutual friendship there, its just fine - it has always been fine.

We just live in a click frenzy world where pretend outrage sells and we all get sucked into it.

good to see certain media types are finding trivial things to be outraged about again

You aren't at least annoyed that a player fighting for his career was too busy fingering your best player instead of listening to the coaches message at 3/4 time in a game to keep your season alive?

You aren't at least annoyed that a player fighting for his career was too busy fingering your best player instead of listening to the coaches message at 3/4 time in a game to keep your season alive?
He kicked 4 goals which went a long way to getting us over the line, so no I don't give a * to be honest

It's prevalent enough even from what is caught on camera that it's obviously a thing at footy clubs. The AFL didn't whack Richmond and I don't think it'll whack Melbourne. As was pointed out to me last time though, potentially disorienting for kids and not a look the AFL will be keen to promote.

I do hope however that the same media harpies who came from the trees to make all sorts of allegations and insinuations about Richmond are consistent. Liz Ellis, where are you?

During three-quarter time of Saturday’s match against the Essendon Bombers at Metricon Stadium, Melbourne Demons players Christian Petracca and Jayden Hunt were filmed touching each other while coach Simon Goodwin addressed the team.
Why can’t consenting adults touch each other? If they were happy, why should we get in their way?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why can’t consenting adults touch each other? If they were happy, why should we get in their way?

Surely they could wait until the showers where there are no cameras (hopefully) and kids could still have their heroes. The old saying 'monkey see, monkey do' springs to mind.

this happens at every footy club – smacking guys on the arse, giving em a pat on the bum.

while some things that happen at your local club should not and do not fly at a professional workplace like the AFL, this is pretty innocuous.

most blokes – if they weren't *heads – knew that some quieter guys or sheepish sorts weren't the ones into this sort of touching. it's a common sense thing.

Snowflakes are slowing chipping away at the quintessential Aussie bloke.

I cant believe we have reached a point where blokes just can't be blokes anymore.

Playing cricket, I take a wicket, I get a few slaps on the ass and maybe a nipple tweak. This happens in just about every adult male sporting club. Its a guy thing, its our thing.. its a bonding thing.

* anyone who has a problem with this.
Peak 2020.

Just posted a similar thing on the Melbourne board... but when is a club and/or player going to come out and make a stand on this kind of PC bs? It is not "unacceptable" it is pretty standard behavior that neither player (I assume) would have an any issue with. What is the problem with it?

I'm betting neither of them would be sorry and Gawn would not believe one word of that statement. Sick to death of this kind of nonsense.

Unfortunately with cameras and the current way of things, there will always be people who advocate for people who they perceive to be the victim. The boys have gotta keep it to the showers now because it's not worth the risk of being others being offended on their behalf.

I reckon when it comes to congratulating one of your teammates there's simply no better way of doing it than with the traditional Australian hug or a kiss or a lick, a grope on the arse or a bit of a dry root. It's still the most appropriate way, I think, of showing one's exuberance and excitement, and it's certainly the most masculine and manly way of going about it. :thumbsu:

Sometimes people just need something to get outraged about.

Sometimes it’s over an incident like this.

Sometimes it’s over the reaction to an incident like this.

I see more outrage here over the reaction, than over the incident ... just say’in

old.jpg

Surely they could wait until the showers where there are no cameras (hopefully) and kids could still have their heroes. The old saying 'monkey see, monkey do' springs to mind.
It's because of people like you that players have turned into robots.

FMD.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back