Nobody will notice...

HTPunter

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I know that Chol said he didn't mind but I think straight up the biggest difference to the impartial observer is that they both escalated the touching, whereas Chol sort of shirked away.

I'm not speaking for Chol. I'm not saying he was upset when he says he wasn't. Just that in the second that it happened, the reactions were different. So I'm just pointing out how it could "look" different, and this is an even more obvious example of something that is 2 guys mucking around and clearly happy with whatever is going on.

Sort of pathetic response from Melbourne really to be so quick to "condemn" it and appease the outrage.

Oct 2, 2008
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Brothers of Destruction
Snowflakes are slowing chipping away at the quintessential Aussie bloke.

I cant believe we have reached a point where blokes just can't be blokes anymore.

Playing cricket, I take a wicket, I get a few slaps on the ass and maybe a nipple tweak. This happens in just about every adult male sporting club. Its a guy thing, its our thing.. its a bonding thing.

fu** anyone who has a problem with this.
Peak 2020.

I really love this comment.

Snowflakes have ruined the world. You look at these little dweebs that make this 'news', they'd have been stuffed in lockers by the majority of BigFootys users.

Hutchy, Barrett, Browne, Edmund, Morris, Robbo, Whateley all of them, surely haven't have sex with a woman yet. Do a media ban on these flogs, Ergogan Turkish style, and Footy would be a better place 100%

Jul 16, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Fighting Furies
meh, things change who cares.

I watch footy because I like watching football, not to watch people grope eachother. Do that in your own time.
I really love this comment.

Snowflakes have ruined the world. You look at these little dweebs that make this 'news', they'd have been stuffed in lockers by the majority of BigFootys users.

Hutchy, Barrett, Browne, Edmund, Morris, Robbo, Whateley all of them, surely haven't have sex with a woman yet. Do a media ban on these flogs, Ergogan Turkish style, and Footy would be a better place 100%

Can't even do that anymore, pussy schools call it bullying. Absolute disgrace :rolleyes:

Stax on the mill

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 13, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
only dullards and the perpetually offended find this unacceptable
Agreed. Non issue. Confected outrage is nauseating. If they continue to air this crap and then make a big deal about it, AFL should ban the cameras from the rooms and huddles. F..k the media!

Last edited:

Count Zero

Premiership Player
Jun 16, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Est.1870
I reckon when it comes to congratulating one of your teammates there's simply no better way of doing it than with the traditional Australian hug or a kiss or a lick, a grope on the arse or a bit of a dry root. It's still the most appropriate way, I think, of showing one's exuberance and excitement, and it's certainly the most masculine and manly way of going about it. :thumbsu:
Exactly. "Its a guy thing... its a bonding thing" there is absolutely nothing suss about the occassional "nipple tweak" or buttock fondle.

Cyclonus

Sardonic Wrath
Jun 20, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Melbourne has explicitly said with their statement that, if the boys turn out to be gay, they aren't allowed to display signs of affection towards each other.

Extremely homophobic.

Ando727

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 12, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Melbourne
Melbourne has explicitly said with their statement that, if the boys turn out to be gay, they aren't allowed to display signs of affection towards each other.

Extremely homophobic.
You mean "implicitly". And no, they aren't implying that. They are simply overreacting due to the Richmond incident in an attempt to manage their public image. Melbourne is a clumsy club that handles most things awkwardly.

Johnny Bananas

Premiership Player Hater
Sep 10, 2010
Next door
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Snowflakes are slowing chipping away at the quintessential Aussie bloke.

I cant believe we have reached a point where blokes just can't be blokes anymore.

Playing cricket, I take a wicket, I get a few slaps on the ass and maybe a nipple tweak. This happens in just about every adult male sporting club. Its a guy thing, its our thing.. its a bonding thing.

fu** anyone who has a problem with this.
Peak 2020.
Do you think it's best to do this within full view of impressionable 5 year old kids? Particularly ones who look up to you and might copy your behaviour, but don't yet understand the adult concept of consent?

Johnny Bananas

Premiership Player Hater
Sep 10, 2010
Next door
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
So people are worried about the message that this may be sending to kids?? Really?? With the stuff that they are teaching kids at schools this is probably part of the curriculum!!
There it is, the single dumbest thing I'm going to read all week, and it's only Monday.

LionsOrDieTrion

All Australian
Jun 23, 2020
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I don’t buy the normal workplace rules BS. If my boss spoke to me the way some coaches spray their players during a game there would certainly be a HR issue.

Feb 5, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chicago Blackhawks Melb Renegades
If you have a problem with this, go and listen to Xavier Ellis podcast called 'It's Time For A Beer'. Specifically, listen to his episode with Jarryd Roughead. There is a story told about the time they played together in the country before they were drafted. Ellis, without even meaning to, gives perfect context to why behaviour like this exists, and why there is absolutely nothing wrong it.

Back